Windows 10: Uninstalled all default apps and can't reinstall them.

Discus and support Uninstalled all default apps and can't reinstall them. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I uninstalled all the default apps (with CCleaner) knowing that each new build re-installs them. Build 14926 no longer re-installs uninstalled apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dchapin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. dchapin Win User

Uninstalled all default apps and can't reinstall them.

I uninstalled all the default apps (with CCleaner) knowing that each new build re-installs them. Build 14926 no longer re-installs uninstalled apps. I've tried every means I can find to re-install the apps but nothing works. Can I roll back to previous build (Build 14915), then upgrade to 14926 and have it reinstall the apps? If not can I install build 14393 from iso then upgrade to 14926 without loosing all my previously installed software i.e. Auto Cad, Revit, etc.?

:)

dchapin, Sep 16, 2016
  2. Sureis Win User

Windows 10 mobile default apps reinstall

Is there no way to uninstall or reinstall the default apps on Windows Mobile 10? I would rather Microsoft updated its default apps because after auto update the apps appear on all apps list.

Some of the default apps are missing from the apps list on my phone but it shows on storage (apps and games). When I search the apps on store it says installed or launch. Every time I want to use the apps I have to connect to internet and lauch the app from
    Microsoft Store. But the apps appeared on the list only after I uninstalled and reinstalled. But In case of default apps, I can't uninstall or reinstall.

Please Microsoft, please find a way so that the default apps could be uninstalled and reinstalled or provide prompt updates to the default apps.

Some of the key default apps like phone, photo etc do not appear on the all apps list. For making a call I have to open "people". I can't dial to any number. Disappointed!!

Windows 10 mobile

Version: 1607

OS build: 10.0.14393.953

Sureis, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Nokia N97 mini v30.0.004

I just installed the new update and hard reset my phone, I've got some apps Elle, Amazon, Twitter ... etc included by default but I can't uninstall them. It's really annoying.

I noticed that all of those uninstallable apps were .wgz apps.

Alexislavie, Sep 16, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi dchapin and welcome to Tenforums.
    Starting with Insider 14926, Windows is no longer reinstalling what you deleted. I think you need to re-register the Windows Store, then install the apps that you want back.
    Code: Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11606.1001.39.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"[/quote]

simrick, Sep 16, 2016
  5. dchapin Win User
    [/quote] I tried that code, it ran, but the apps didn't come back. However I did lose two or three I hadn't uninstalled. I tried reloading from Windows store but when I click "install" nothing happens. I also uninstalled the app installer.

dchapin, Sep 16, 2016
  6. dchapin Win User
    What will happen if I use a previous build iso. Will I loose all my installed programs?

dchapin, Sep 16, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Please read this thread; specifically posts #11, #35.

Then
    Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums

No, you can not perform a repair install using an older version of Windows than what is on the system. You'd have to do a clean install if you're going to use an older ISO.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Uninstalled all default apps and can't reinstall them. - Similar Threads - Uninstalled default apps

2. I can't choose default apps at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't choose default apps at all: I want to set my default browser to Opera, but clicking on the buttons shown does nothing. It also lags my computer. How come? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-choose-default-apps-at-all/23b2295b-48a1-4351-b789-d22aa74f79cb
  3. I can't choose default apps at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't choose default apps at all: I want to set my default browser to Opera, but clicking on the buttons shown does nothing. It also lags my computer. How come? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-choose-default-apps-at-all/23b2295b-48a1-4351-b789-d22aa74f79cb
  4. I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It: So I was working on a art project, when the app just froze so I uninstalled it. Whenever I try and reinstall it it says "You Own This App", when I clearly don't. I deleted it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it has happened to many other apps even...
  5. Windows Default apps all uninstalled, and when reinstalled are not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Default apps all uninstalled, and when reinstalled are not working: I recently went through my computer and was deleting folders that were taking up a lot of space and I saw a couple Microsoft store folders that were huge and for games that I had uninstalled. I went through a whole process to uninstall them and now all my apps are not...
  6. Reinstall all the Windows 10 Default Apps with Batch Script

Reinstall all the Windows 10 Default Apps with Batch Script: With this batch script you can re-install and re-register all the default apps that are shipped with Windows 10. Code: :: Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 @Echo Off & Color 0E net sess>nul 2>&1||(powershell start cmd -ArgumentList """/c...
  7. I uninstalled USB DAC Drivers and can't reinstall them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I uninstalled USB DAC Drivers and can't reinstall them: In attempting to fix my microphone not working in a game, i uninstalled it and its drivers. I restarted my pc, and when i try to reinstall them, i get this error: [ATTACH] Has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it? I'm running windows 10....
  8. Uninstalled drivers to fix them, but windows doesn't reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled drivers to fix them, but windows doesn't reinstall them?: Hi, I had some drivers that windows said weren't functioning properly, so I followed advice from here to uninstall them and then restart my computer so my computer could reinstall them. When I restarted however, windows never reinstalled the drivers. I dont remember what the...
  9. Problem with reinstalling default apps

Problem with reinstalling default apps: I am having a problem with reinstalling the default apps of Windows 10. When I have uninstalled an app, and then try to reinstall the default package through: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. Powershell reinstall of Windows 10 apps messed them all up?

Powershell reinstall of Windows 10 apps messed them all up?: Hi there, So I was having a problem with my calculator app, it would open but I couldn't click the settings to move to any other mode. If I clicked it, it would open and close immediately, making it impossible for me to actually change anything. I searched online, someone...