Windows 10: Unknown drive listed under optimize drives

Discus and support Unknown drive listed under optimize drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC seems to be misbehaving lately, so I explored various options. I checked "Defragment and Optimize Drives" tool and was presented with the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clrou2008, Mar 21, 2017.

1. clrou2008 Win User

Unknown drive listed under optimize drives

My PC seems to be misbehaving lately, so I explored various options. I checked "Defragment and Optimize Drives" tool and was presented with the display shown below. What is the 3rd entry beginning with \\?\Volume{... ? Is it something that should concern me? Can it be corrected?

Unknown drive listed under optimize drives [​IMG]

:)

clrou2008, Mar 21, 2017

2. Volume defrag

You can actually remove it from the list of the drives you want to optimize on a regular schedule. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Search for Defragment and Optimize drive.
    • Under Optimize Drives, click the Change settings button.
    • Under Optimization schedule, click the Choose beside Drives.
    • Uncheck the \\?\Volume drive to remove it from the list.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Mar 21, 2017
  3. Slow data transfer speed.

Thank you for getting back to us. Optimizing your drives can help your PC run smoother and boot up faster. To do that, follow these steps to optimize the drives of your computer:

• Press Windows key, then type defrag.
    • Select Defragment and Optimize Drives.
    • Under Optimize Drives windows, select the disk drive you want to optimize.
    • Then, click the Optimize button.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Mar 21, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2017
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    I could be his microwave.

SoFine409, Mar 21, 2017
  6. clrou2008 Win User
    I guess you're correct regarding the recovery partition.

clrou2008, Mar 21, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    It's a 'virtual drive' that gets put into action when a recovery process takes place.

Edwin, Mar 21, 2017
  8. clrou2008 Win User

Edwin,

Was this created when I created an USB recovery drive?

I'll try the steps you showed in your response.

clrou2008, Mar 21, 2017
  9. Adityar Win User
    Hello same with me .hiw to this problem?

Adityar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unknown drive listed under optimize drives - Similar Threads - Unknown drive listed

2. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive not listed under drive optimization.: My secondary hard drive for bulk storage is in need of a defragmentation. But upon going to the drive properties and bringing up the optimize program. The drive is not listed. Only my C: drive is listed....
  3. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive not listed under drive optimization.: My secondary hard drive for bulk storage is in need of a defragmentation. But upon going to the drive properties and bringing up the optimize program. The drive is not listed. Only my C: drive is listed....
  4. Drive not listed under drive optimization.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Drive optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive optimization: I mistakenly optimized my ssd drive right before learning optimization is only for hdd. How to I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-optimization/16c5e8ad-ce65-4833-a16f-66fa3f8e9185
  6. Drive optimization

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive optimization: I mistakenly optimized my ssd drive right before learning optimization is only for hdd. How to I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-optimization/16c5e8ad-ce65-4833-a16f-66fa3f8e9185
  7. Optimize Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Optimize Drives: Just bought a new AsusExpertCenter desktop with a solid state drive. Should i turn off optimize drives? Am running win 10- 19043-1081. 182101
  8. Optimize Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize Drives: I'm running Windows 10 version 2004. Since I upgraded when I optimize drives the PC goes thru the procedure and shows me a date and 0% fragmented. As soon as I go back to Optimize Drives under last analyzed it says Never Run. If this is some kind of glitch in version 2004...
  9. Optimize drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Optimize drives: It appears that when I am doing "Optimize drives "on SSD , the current status is not held in mind of the computer and it show all the time " needs optimization ". Can you advise me what to do, or which is the problem ?...
  10. Optimize drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize drive: I am trying to optimize my system drive, but I can't do it from Windows defrag and optimize drives. I want to do this from admin command prompt. How do I get to admin command prompt?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optimize drives windows 10 unknow volume remove