Windows 10: Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups

Discus and support Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Poppy.Wolf, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups

I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how many times i uncheck, it still remain checked.

Anyone has has any idea?

:)

Poppy.Wolf, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Frank C Win User

Hello,
    I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web).
    When I run Computer Management as administrator that information is not available under
    Computer Management > System Tools (second screen shot - my computer)
    How can I get this information?

Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups [​IMG]

Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups [​IMG]

Thanks

Frank C, Jan 17, 2019
  4. hooked Win User

Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups

Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups

1. Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups - Similar Threads - Unlock Local Account

2. Users do not show in Local Users and Groups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users do not show in Local Users and Groups: On Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 domain joined we do not see users in "Edit local users and groups. Instead of seeing a list of users, we see "There are no items to show in this view" We can add a user, still doesn't show up, but when we go to Groups, we can add the user to...
  3. Local users and groups not editable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local users and groups not editable?: Hi guys, I've had the same MacBook since 2011, and am soooo behind the times with Windows. I just bought a cheap laptop at Walmart for purposes of Zoom and creating documents/surfing the web. My Mac is so old and messed up that I needed something newer to use on a daily. The...
  4. Local Users and Groups

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Users and Groups: I am trying to sort my old laptop for my son to use. I am trying to add a new user so that can be his profile. Local Users and Groups appears to be missing from the settings and I cannot find a way to restore it. Furthermore, the only admin account on the computer is my...
  5. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  6. local user account

local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  7. account in the Local Administrators group

account in the Local Administrators group: I am unable to create Account in the Local Administrators group I have tried power shell but not worked checked YouTube for creating in but got no help. What should I do...
  8. Enable Local Account using Local Users and Groups

Enable Local Account using Local Users and Groups: I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how...
  9. Show Local users and Groups

Show Local users and Groups: Hello, I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web). When I run Computer Management as administrator that information is not available under Computer Management > System Tools (second screen shot - my computer) How...
  10. No users visible in Local Users and Groups

No users visible in Local Users and Groups: After forgetting the local administrator password, I followed that guide for offline editing the SAM registry file. This clearly caused a problem, because no I see no users in LUAG as per the attached. All the accounts work fine, except the built-in administrator account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local users and groups unlock account