Windows 10: Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

Discus and support Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been using this .ps1 since Win10 v1803 and now it does not work. I setup new/reloaded computers 10 to 15 times a month for our customers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NinjaLover85, May 31, 2019.

1. Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

I have been using this .ps1 since Win10 v1803 and now it does not work. I setup new/reloaded computers 10 to 15 times a month for our customers and this script helps cut down my setup time, be it may only be 30 seconds but that time adds up over the year. Below is a sample of the script, any help would be greatly appreciated!

function Pin-App { param(
    [string]$appname,
    [switch]$unpin
    )
    try{
    if ($unpin.IsPresent){
    ((New-Object -Com Shell.Application).NameSpace('shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}').Items() | ?{$_.Name -eq $appname}).Verbs() | ?{$_.Name.replace('&','') -match 'From "Start" UnPin|Unpin from Start'} | %{$_.DoIt()}
    return "App '$appname' unpinned from Start"
    }else{
    ((New-Object -Com Shell.Application).NameSpace('shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}').Items() | ?{$_.Name -eq $appname}).Verbs() | ?{$_.Name.replace('&','') -match 'To "Start" Pin|Pin to Start'} | %{$_.DoIt()}
    return "App '$appname' pinned to Start"
    }
    }catch{
    Write-Error "Error Pinning/Unpinning App! (App-Name correct?)"
    }
    }

Pin-App "Mail" -unpin
    Pin-App "Microsoft Store" -unpin
    Pin-App "Netflix" -unpin
    Pin-App "Global VPN Client" -pin
    Pin-App "Internet Explorer" -pin
    Pin-App "File Explorer" -pin
    Pin-App "Outlook" -pin
    Pin-App "Excel" -pin
    Pin-App "Word" -pin
    Pin-App "Powerpoint" -pin

:)

NinjaLover85, May 31, 2019
  2. ArtP Win User

'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

Thanks Cliff. The first suggestion didn't work because the shortcut icon is not listed. The second easier suggestion didn't work because right-clicking does not include "Open File Location" as an option, only "Unpin from Start" and "Resize". Screenshots are included. "xmltobgl" is the culprit icon.

Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903 [​IMG]

Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903 [​IMG]

3. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 31, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

1. Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903 - Similar Threads - Unpin Pin ps1

2. Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903: I have been using this .ps1 since Win10 v1803 and now it does not work. I setup new/reloaded computers 10 to 15 times a month for our customers and this script helps cut down my setup time, be it may only be 30 seconds but that time adds up over the year. Below is a sample of...
  3. Pinterest pin does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinterest pin does not work: I can not pin to pinterest using my desktop windows 10. I have loaded and deleted the pin button several times. When I try to pin something I get the gray window with the lock button at the top left....
  4. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  5. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086
  6. Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.: Hey. When I try to pin something to the start using the right click on application/folder nothing happens. It looks like it should be pinned in to the start, but nothing changes in there. The things appear in the start after the restart of OS. The same problem is with the...
  7. Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10: Hi, Shawn. Been learning a few things. A solution to my "Pin file to" in File Explorer context menu problem. Not sure to call these jump lists or context menus. You may want to add this to your tutorial here, for it deals with the Office apps Start tiles' jump lists/context...
  8. Pinning/Unpinning Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps: On the Start Screen UI you can hold Ctrl + left click to select numerous items to pin or unpin at once but, it seems that's not possible on the Start Menu UI. Anyone else experience this? 3184
  9. Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New: Hi! Did the Win 10 update last night. Now I can't run my pinned Excel files ("The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list?") But when I say Yes, it's not removed. If I click the icon for...
  10. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar: I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? 21007