Windows 10: Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

Discus and support Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using this .ps1 since Win10 v1803 and now it does not work. I setup new/reloaded computers 10 to 15 times a month for our customers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NinjaLover85, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

I have been using this .ps1 since Win10 v1803 and now it does not work. I setup new/reloaded computers 10 to 15 times a month for our customers and this script helps cut down my setup time, be it may only be 30 seconds but that time adds up over the year. Below is a sample of the script, any help would be greatly appreciated!

function Pin-App { param(
    [string]$appname,
    [switch]$unpin
    )
    try{
    if ($unpin.IsPresent){
    ((New-Object -Com Shell.Application).NameSpace('shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}').Items() | ?{$_.Name -eq $appname}).Verbs() | ?{$_.Name.replace('&','') -match 'From "Start" UnPin|Unpin from Start'} | %{$_.DoIt()}
    return "App '$appname' unpinned from Start"
    }else{
    ((New-Object -Com Shell.Application).NameSpace('shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}').Items() | ?{$_.Name -eq $appname}).Verbs() | ?{$_.Name.replace('&','') -match 'To "Start" Pin|Pin to Start'} | %{$_.DoIt()}
    return "App '$appname' pinned to Start"
    }
    }catch{
    Write-Error "Error Pinning/Unpinning App! (App-Name correct?)"
    }
    }

Pin-App "Mail" -unpin
    Pin-App "Microsoft Store" -unpin
    Pin-App "Netflix" -unpin
    Pin-App "Global VPN Client" -pin
    Pin-App "Internet Explorer" -pin
    Pin-App "File Explorer" -pin
    Pin-App "Outlook" -pin
    Pin-App "Excel" -pin
    Pin-App "Word" -pin
    Pin-App "Powerpoint" -pin

:)

NinjaLover85, Jun 1, 2019
  2. ArtP Win User

'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

Thanks Cliff. The first suggestion didn't work because the shortcut icon is not listed. The second easier suggestion didn't work because right-clicking does not include "Open File Location" as an option, only "Unpin from Start" and "Resize". Screenshots are included. "xmltobgl" is the culprit icon.

Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903 [​IMG]

Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903 [​IMG]

ArtP, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 1, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

1. Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903 - Similar Threads - Unpin Pin ps1

2. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  3. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  4. Windows PowerShell - Pin and Unpin Programmatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows PowerShell - Pin and Unpin Programmatically: Hey MS Community, I'm looking for a method to programmatically unpin Microsoft Edge and pin Internet Explorer. Currently, our vendors have sites that are only supported in Internet Explorer, and will result in an error if opened with Microsoft Edge. Since the two icons are...
  5. Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903: I have been using this .ps1 since Win10 v1803 and now it does not work. I setup new/reloaded computers 10 to 15 times a month for our customers and this script helps cut down my setup time, be it may only be 30 seconds but that time adds up over the year. Below is a sample of...
  6. Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.: Hey. When I try to pin something to the start using the right click on application/folder nothing happens. It looks like it should be pinned in to the start, but nothing changes in there. The things appear in the start after the restart of OS. The same problem is with the...
  7. Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make...
  8. Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10: How to: Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on an app on the taskbar or Start menu, it will open the app's jump list. Jump Lists is a feature...
  9. Pinning/Unpinning Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps: On the Start Screen UI you can hold Ctrl + left click to select numerous items to pin or unpin at once but, it seems that's not possible on the Start Menu UI. Anyone else experience this? 3184
  10. Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...