Windows 10: Unwanted Icons

Discus and support Unwanted Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, There are some icons on my toolbar I don't know how to get rid of. See screen shot. The messed up icon is OneDrive. OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Mar 17, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Unwanted Icons

Hello everybody,

There are some icons on my toolbar I don't know how to get rid of.
    See screen shot.

The messed up icon is OneDrive. OneDrive tells me wants me to sign in.

When I try sign in, I get password incorrect.

When I reset the password it says, Email already in use.

I don't rightly care if OneDrive works or not.

I just want that icon off my toolbar. I need the space.

Also where it says Desktop I don't really need.

Don Cole

Unwanted Icons [​IMG]

:)

doncole, Mar 17, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

delete hidden icons

• Right click your taskbar and choose settings
    • Scroll down to some blue text on the resultant settings page
    • Click 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' and uncheck any unwanted icons
    • Go back and click 'Turn System Icons on or off', again uncheck any unwanted icons
    • Close the settings app

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2018
  3. How do I customize the taskbar in Winddows 10

Hi Elies,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with

This issue might occur if unwanted icons is getting displayed on the taskbar.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to customize the taskbar and also try to unpin the unwanted icons from the taskbar.

Step 1: Try customizing which icons which will be displayed on the task bar and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Settings.

3. Then select System.

4. Click on Notifications and actions.

5. Then click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Also click on
    Turn System icons on or off.

6. Try to turn off unwanted icons on the taskbar.

Step 2: I recommend you to unpin unwanted shortcut icons which is created on the taskbar.

1. Right click on unwanted icons on the taskbar other than System icons such as network icon and sound icons.

2. Then click on Unpin from taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on taskbar
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 17, 2018
  4. SoFine409 Win User
  5. Bree New Member
    @doncole, those icons are part of your Desktop Toolbar. You have two choices. The simplest is to remove the Desktop Toolbar.

Tutorial: Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10

The alternative is to resize the Desktop Toolbar so that the icons don't show. Click and hold on the word 'Desktop' then drag it down until the icons disappear, as shown in this 'before and after' screenshot...

Unwanted Icons [​IMG]

6. CmmTch Win User
    I think in the past I've right clicked on the icon, selected exit and it's gone from the taskbar. Seems like it would appear there after an update/upgrade to the next W10 version, I'd right click, select exit and it disappeared.

You can also right click on the taskbar, open task manager, select the startup tab, if One Drive is there, highlight it, right click on it, select disable to stop it from starting on boot/reboot.

CmmTch, Mar 18, 2018
  7. doncole Win User
    Thank you Bree and CmmTch,.

That's what I was looking for.

Don Cole*Smile*chuckle*chuckle

doncole, Mar 19, 2018
  8. CmmTch Win User

Unwanted Icons

I found this while looking around in Settings for something else.

Open Settings > System > Notifications and actions, scroll down to OneDrive, slide the switch to off. You can click anywhere in the line containing the item to open another screen of settings for that application to fine tune the notifications.

IMO doing that should stop it from reoccurring after an upgrade to the next version of W10, although the most recent upgrade to 1709 did give the user a chance to keep their settings before running the update/uprade.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted Icons

1. Unwanted Icons - Similar Threads - Unwanted Icons

2. How do I remove unwanted icons from the navigator panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove unwanted icons from the navigator panel?: Every time a folder is opened in Explorer the navigator panel is full of icons I don't need to see and the folder which has been opened is clear at the bottom.How can I get rid of these icons?...
  3. How do I remove unwanted icons from the navigator panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove unwanted icons from the navigator panel?: Every time a folder is opened in Explorer the navigator panel is full of icons I don't need to see and the folder which has been opened is clear at the bottom.How can I get rid of these icons?...
  4. Unwanted icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on taskbar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  5. Unwanted icon on task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on task bar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  6. Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop: I have my desktop icons on my taskbar.Recently, an SSD drive and the Downloads folder have appeared among the icons. I may have accidently dragged the there, but I'm not sure.Regardless to how the got there, how do I remove them, as there is no option to remove them when...
  7. Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around

Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around: I have an issue that has been upsetting me for a while. Whenever the computer boots, awakes or I plug in my second monitor my desktop icons move around. I organise them again and select refresh to save them apparently and then again whenever the computer boots, awakes or I...
  8. Unwanted icons in the notification area

Unwanted icons in the notification area: Some programs insist on putting their icon in the notification tray, and then the company uses that "feature" for advertising in relentless pop up notifications. This is not an appropriate use of the notification tray, nor should have Microsoft allowed such program behavior...
  9. Unwanted Icons in System Tray

Unwanted Icons in System Tray: My system tray is populated with a couple of icons that appear to serve no purpose but to annoy me and crowd out the display. See image below: [ATTACH] The icons, highlighted in yellow, a padlock and the number 9 have no discernable feature and do-not display a menu or...
  10. How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop: How do I get rid of an unwanted icon on my desktop. It is black and white and looks like a light icon that has been crossed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-unwanted-icon-on-desktop/30311986-b3bd-4b7e-9f5a-3d96dc658fe9