Windows 10: Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up

Discus and support Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I got a really weird problem which keeps disturbing my typing experience for half of a year. I mainly use two keyboards: English (US)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aaron.cz, Sep 21, 2018.

1. aaron.cz Win User

Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up

Hi everyone,

I got a really weird problem which keeps disturbing my typing experience for half of a year.

I mainly use two keyboards: English (US) and Chinese Simplified - Pinyin. However, every time I restart the PC, an English (US) - International keyboard layout automatically appears in the input methods.

Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up bc8a1ed9-c804-4b5c-bd9b-1c76a019b22f?upload=true.png

While this happens, in the settings app, it doesn't appear in the list of active layouts. I have to add it (I'm able to add a layout which is already active) and delete it (adding and deleting temporarily solves the problem) every time. As I restart the PC, the same problem appears.

This problem started to appear in 1709. Till now I have updated the Windows for several times, still the same. I've also tried removing English in the system language settings and adding English again, nothing happens, same problem appear.

This bug is driving me crazy - Every time I have to repeat the same process as I restart the PC. If anyone has any idea, plzzzzz give me some advice. Huge thanks.

Aaron

:)

aaron.cz, Sep 21, 2018

2. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Sep 21, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

You could see if you can use the override default input option, assuming this is available (I think it isn't if you only have one keyboard installed- which would be logical). This worked in a similar case where the user had an unwanted keyboard layout in use.

(Note- appearance may differ if you are on build 1803)

Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Swapna S Win User

IME with various keyboard layouts

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in changing the
    keyboard layout. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur, if you have selected any default language for keyboard layout.

Follow below mentioned step to change the keyboard layout Language.

• Press and Hold Windows key + space bar key from your keyboard.

• On right corner of your desktop, you will see a small pop windows that shows keyboard layout Language.

• Using down and up arrow keys, you can change the keyboard layout Language.
    Please get back us, if you are still facing issue
    in changing the keyboard layout language.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up - Similar Threads - Unwanted keyboard layout

2. Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY: I am using Japanese "Microsoft IME" as my only keyboard layout, but I had to change a registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000411 to make it use a different underlying layout, other than the US QWERTY, namely a customized...
  3. Removing unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout: Hello guys, Windows 10 is making me a hard life sometimes, recently without any setting change I see the keyboard layour near the clock (ENG) or (ROU US) but I did not want any of extra layouts and I don't know why Microsoft like to f*** with people nerves so much. The...
  4. Unwanted keyboard

Unwanted keyboard: I have a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I live in Belgium but have set my region to the UK as I want English to be the main language of the laptop. I need an English keyboard (UK) and French (Belgian) and these are installed in my language options. However a third...
  5. Keyboard layout keep changing to American QWERTY

Keyboard layout keep changing to American QWERTY: My keyboard has a German layout. That's how it should be. Windows however keeps changing, since I reset my PC, the layout to American QWERTY instead of the standard German QWERTZ layout. I set Windows up knowing that I want to use the German layout. It's the only layout...
  6. Available keyboard layout that does not show up in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Available keyboard layout that does not show up in settings: [img] On the left is what I see if I click the language button near the clock near the tray. On the right is what I see in settings. The default English keyboard is missing in settings, so I cannot remove it. I wish to remove it to only have Romanian(Programmers). Is there...
  7. KEYBOARD LAYOUT KEEPS CHANGING

KEYBOARD LAYOUT KEEPS CHANGING: even though I have deleted the English UK version via settings it is still showing up in the taskbar list and keeps switching. how do I delete from taskbar?...
  8. How can I keep the unwanted keyboard layout from reappearing?

How can I keep the unwanted keyboard layout from reappearing?: I’ve removed a keyboard layout from my keyboard settings, but if I later try to switch keyboard layouts using the hotkey (Windows Key + Spacebar) or by clicking the keyboard layout on the taskbar, the unwanted keyboard layout sometimes randomly reappears as one of my options,...
  9. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout: When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it). Now when I switch...
  10. Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete: Since the update to W10 creator edition I have two extra keyboard layouts available to me which I do not want, but I can't get rid of. Before, I had two languages -- UK English and Belgian French -- with the US International AltGr Deadkeys (installed from a third party)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unwanted urdu keyboard windows 10