Windows 10: Update 1903 Killed NVMe

Discus and support Update 1903 Killed NVMe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have always been against updating windows for obvious reasons. Google windows 10 killed computer and you will find many. Update 1903 was forced on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deabrua, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Deabrua Win User

Update 1903 Killed NVMe

I have always been against updating windows for obvious reasons. Google windows 10 killed computer and you will find many.

Update 1903 was forced on my computer, which killed my main storage ($90 EX920 500GB M.2 NVMe), is there any way to hold Microsoft accountable without opening a lawsuit?

If not, how many would be interested in opening yet another class action lawsuit as done in earlier years?

:)

Deabrua, Sep 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Sep 1, 2019
  3. MJLONGLEY Win User
    Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Update 1903 Killed NVMe

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Update 1903 Killed NVMe

1. Update 1903 Killed NVMe - Similar Threads - Update 1903 Killed

2. Updates kill NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates kill NVIDIA: Every time Windows 10 updates, it kills my NVIDIA and I'm sick of it! This has been reported over and over but it happens every time. I have to do a reset and that's getting tiresome. Fix it!...
  3. Update 1903 slowed down my SSD NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update 1903 slowed down my SSD NVMe drive: I recently updated my PC to Windows 10 version 1903. I honestly was expecting some things to stop working, because it is in Microsoft's custom. Usually it comes to just turning off some services (major Windows updates tend to turn on everything again) like telemetry and other...
  4. Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors

Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors: 3 months ago I upgraded 1803 to 1903 via the installation medium due to constant update problems and it all but destroyed the OS. There were permissions issues due to MS changing, deleting or not installing accounts which caused 10016 errors, so no networking whatsoever. I...
  5. Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications: We've run into a serious problem on PCs that have upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Silverlight web applications are allowed to interact with local components provided two conditions: A) The web application is signed with the same signing certificate that has signed the local...
  6. Windows 10 Home 1903 update hangs on restartwith Samsung NVME SSD

Windows 10 Home 1903 update hangs on restartwith Samsung NVME SSD: Hi, Tried many times to do this update from 1803. Have tried all suggested methods incl media creation tool etc. The laptop has a Samsung 960 evo NVME SSD in place, each time I try to apply 1903 the update process hangs on the second restart with just the Gigabtye logo with...
  7. Updating to 1903 killed Start menu type-find on 5 different PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating to 1903 killed Start menu type-find on 5 different PCs: I just updated to 1903 on 5 of my Windows 10-64 Pro machines (each different hardware, laptop, desktop). On all 5, Start menu type-find has died. To be clear, I can press the Windows key or left click on the Start menu, it pops up, but I cannot type any keys to actually...
  8. 1903 UPDATE KILLS WIFI CARD, NO WAY BACK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1903 UPDATE KILLS WIFI CARD, NO WAY BACK: NOPE, MS DID THE 1903 UPDATE AND EVEN WHEN I TRIED TO UNDO THE UPDATE, DID NOT WORK WIFI CARD DOES NOT EXIST, (FUNNY HOW THE HECK DO YOU THINK I DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE ? ON WIFI !) THIS IS MICROSOFTS UPDATE TEAMS FAULT ! *CAN'T UNINSTALL or ROLL BACK A DRIVER THATS NOT...
  9. Upate to ver 1903 KILLS Infrared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upate to ver 1903 KILLS Infrared: If you use Windows 10 and any kind of Infrared adapter for dive computer, or other download device ---- DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEWEST VERSION, 1903. It breaks something. [Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is...
  10. Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great

Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great: My computer updated automatically, which SUCKS, and now 3 of my external devices are "The USB set address request failed" including my GD render drive with all my client files that I now have to open on my MAC (that I hate but works every time). So two drives an my LG...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update 1903 on nvme