Windows 10: Update History vs. Reliability Monitor history

Discus and support Update History vs. Reliability Monitor history in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've used gpedit to allow manual control of updates and manually download and install updates when available, and I set "Notifiy to download" option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pokeefe0001, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Update History vs. Reliability Monitor history

I've used gpedit to allow manual control of updates and manually download and install updates when available, and I set "Notifiy to download" option. That gave me control similar to what I had with Win7. Or so I thought. But the Reliability Monitor shows the installation of many more updates than shown in Update History. Some of them are driver installations so don't represent actual Windows updates, but many of the are updates to Windows "apps" (Skype, Phone, Solitaire, Twitter, etc.). Are these updates considered to be different from "Windows updates"?

Now, I did check the "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" option, but I assumed that meant it would give the same kind of download notification.

Is there any way to turn off this automatic installation of Windows apps updates? I use none of the Microsoft Windows apps.

:)

pokeefe0001, Apr 23, 2016
  2. RE3315 Win User

After update to Win10 Fall Creators Update (1709), Reliability Monitor History is now blank

After updating 3 separate PCs Running Win10 Home 64-bit from 1703-->1709 (Fall Creators Update), I notice that the Reliability Monitor History is erased for all logged items prior to the update.

Is this a known expected "feature" or a bug? It seems to keep logging the reliability history again normally starting at the time of the update, but sure would have been nice to keep the prior history....... Wondering if anyone else experienced this.

RE3315, Apr 23, 2016
  3. reliability view

I want to reset completely the monitor reliability (history and report)

ErnstBaptiste, Apr 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Update History vs. Reliability Monitor history

dalchina, Apr 23, 2016
  5. Thank you. I've disabled the task for now. The tutorial you pointed to seems to provide a better solution, but I don't have the Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Store policy it refers to. I have also started getting the error described in Solved GPEdit Error - Windows 10 Forums. I have no idea if they are related, but I'm going to keep my eye on gpedit bugs.

pokeefe0001, Apr 23, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Update History vs. Reliability Monitor history

1. Update History vs. Reliability Monitor history - Similar Threads - Update History Reliability

2. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  3. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  4. Windows Reliability history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reliability history: What causes of this error? I already use the AMD Radeon driver installed by windows update and this error always occurs every day. And If I use an updated AMD Radeon driver I encounter Hardware error and SECOMN64.exe stopped working report in Reliability Monitor. What should...
  5. Windows Reliability history

Windows Reliability history: What causes of this error? I already use the AMD Radeon driver installed by windows update and this error always occurs every day. And If I use an updated AMD Radeon driver I encounter Hardware error and SECOMN64.exe stopped working report in Reliability Monitor. What should...
  6. Reliability History errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability History errors: Is it normal to have an error everyday in reliability history? I've already perform clean boot in my PC but the problem still persists. Here's the screenshot of my reliability history. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Clear History in Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clear History in Reliability Monitor: Hello, I clear all problem reports but still, I have some event. How can I clear all the reports? [ATTACH] After, I have: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-history-in-reliability-monitor/5302697a-1589-4571-8144-7b001e047149
  8. reliability history

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reliability history: why my pc shows windows not properly shutdown in reliability history although I have never improperly shut it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/15b03c5a-888f-4283-bd11-03755a8970ca
  9. Reliability history of updates apps

Reliability history of updates apps: I use reliability history quite a bit to monitor what apps have updated. Has anyone noticed lately that the apps listed here are just gobbledegook? Rather than say what app updates it'll just say 'application-some number-submission'. It doesn't do for all of them but it does...
  10. Reliability history not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Reliability history not working: When I go to control panel > Security and Maint. > Maint. > View reliability history nothing happens, and control panel closes. This happened in the last build also. 5052