Windows 10: Update messed several things up on my laptop.

Discus and support Update messed several things up on my laptop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by possom2009, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up.

First is this.:

Update messed several things up on my laptop. [​IMG]

Everything is named oddly.

Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls.

:)

possom2009, Nov 8, 2017
  2. DjagsSr Win User

Win 10 Safe mode with networking

I've tried to get safe mode internet access by WiFi and cable connection to my router, I also ran the troubleshooter several times followed every advise I could find and this damn thing don't work. Another thing every ime MS issues and update my laptop
    do messed-up and weird things. So can the thing be fixed or are you just flipping people off?

DjagsSr, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Surprise! Sound Issue After Forced Windows 10 Update!

Garbled or just lower volume?

I have an HP Envy laptop that the volume was messed up by an update, and I too have not found a solution. Since my laptop is several years old HP isn't going to make any updates.

Solar-Eclipse, Nov 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Update messed several things up on my laptop.

Update messed several things up on my laptop. [​IMG]

from
    How to reduce window border size in Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista - Winaero

Enable the hidden Aero Lite theme in Windows 10 - Winaero
    Install Aerolite Theme in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Winaero Tweaker

dalchina, Nov 8, 2017
  5. possom2009, Nov 8, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Nov 8, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Those would be the long file name that you are seeing.

bro67, Nov 9, 2017
  8. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

Can't click on any of them. It has something to do with the missing icons bug.

possom2009, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Update messed several things up on my laptop.

1. Update messed several things up on my laptop. - Similar Threads - Update messed several

2. Just stop messing things up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just stop messing things up: If I wanted an Apple computer I would have bought an Apple computer. Why does Microsoft keep trying to copy everything Apple does? I do not want the start button in the middle of the task bar, so I moved it. I do not want to use to appreciation "app" it is not a word, stop...
  3. Just stop messing things up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just stop messing things up: If I wanted an Apple computer I would have bought an Apple computer. Why does Microsoft keep trying to copy everything Apple does? I do not want the start button in the middle of the task bar, so I moved it. I do not want to use to appreciation "app" it is not a word, stop...
  4. My laptop keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keyboard is messed up: My laptop keyboard is messed up and I don't know what to do. When I press /a/ it would type /43ex/ and when I press any other key it would type some 3 digits words and numbers like /5gt/ or something like that....
  5. 2004 update messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update messed up my laptop: I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues- Audio cuts out now and then. This happens during playing games. Startup takes more time. Windows explorer dies. Live tiles are...
  6. Will changing my users folder name mess things up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will changing my users folder name mess things up?: I want to play minecraft but can't because my account name under the users folder is "JACKALOPE!" I want to get rid of the exclamation point. Will this mess things up, or is there any safe was to change it?...
  7. Several things showing up halfway up the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several things showing up halfway up the screen: Several things on my computer screen are showing up halfway up the screen or being cutoff. Please see below for examples: Below is an image of the start menu. Notice how the search bar is above where it should be. [IMG] So then when I search for something, the entire...
  8. Windows Update - messed up laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - messed up laptop: The latest update has totally destroyed my laptop. I have had 2 messages one about Sihost.Exe. The Main one is c://windows/system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop tells me that desktop is missing. I can get into task manager and all my files and Desktop are there - but the...
  9. Windows Defender messing things up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender messing things up.: For a while now, my windows defender has been acting over aggressively for a bunch of files and is preventing me from downloading certain files and changing certain settings. It also won't let me save in many different video games, and the only thing that is allowing me to...
  10. Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update messed up my laptop: A few days ago while logging off I clicked on update and shutdown. The following morning on booting up, it brought up a blue box asking me to select privacy settings which i did. However, it kept telling me to try again. This went on until i was advised to boot up on safe...