Windows 10: [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu.

Discus and support [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago I posted that my start menu suddenly stopped working. I didn't know the cause but the day it happened I'd used Ninite to update some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EsQuiteMexican, May 26, 2020.

1. [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu.

A few days ago I posted that my start menu suddenly stopped working. I didn't know the cause but the day it happened I'd used Ninite to update some software. I'd installed some older incompatible software before too so I thought that was the problem. Today I did a factory reset, installed the old program first and nothing happened to my start menu. Right after, I ran Ninite to reinstall my lost programs and upon the last one (Malwarebites) my start menu stopped working again. Keep in mind, those are literally the only two things I've done in my computer since the reset. There's no doubt, something is wrong with Ninite and/or Malwarebites, don't install either if you don't want to fuck up your computer. I'm gonna have to reset my computer again tomorrow, ugh.

submitted by /u/EsQuiteMexican
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EsQuiteMexican, May 26, 2020

2. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace.
    So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they?

Please do NOT suggest third part apps.
    I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the third party Start Menu apps screw with this.
    I don't want another program, I just want the stupid clumsy letters gone!

Any creative geniuses out there?
    I'm not the only one who wants this, surely! [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu. :)

[Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu. [​IMG]

And it doesn't even work...
    Is the name of the program used to determine where the app goes or the name of the company that makes the program.. or even whether it's free or not!
    (See image F for Free!)
    Useless and pathetic Microsoft!

teachermark, May 27, 2020
  3. nt62 Win User
    Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

There is no way to remove the letters.
    They are a carry over from 8.
    The Windows 10 menu is an updated desktop version of the metro UI in 8.

It is designed to reduce or eliminate scrolling.
    Clicking a letter takes one to an install title.
    It is up to the developer to generate a proper name.
    The menu can only work with what it is given.

4. Darshan J Win User

[Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu.

Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, May 27, 2020
Thema:

[Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu.

1. [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu. - Similar Threads - Update Ninite what's

2. uh what is wrong with my start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    uh what is wrong with my start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Still-Addition-1109 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11ryesy/uh_what_is_wrong_with_my_start_menu/
  3. Ninite but offline..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ninite but offline..: Guys , I dont know if this is the right sub but is there an alternative to ninite (or can ninite do it?) which can let me install apps while I am offline ?? Any help is appreciated .. submitted by /u/shaubham_pan97 [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows 10 Sept 2020 update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Sept 2020 update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl: Windows 10 Sept update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl. I dont understand what has happened. I first thought it was a virus but then I thought I have Norton 360 and MCAfee virus protection on my computer and network so that could not be it. I...
  5. What has happened to the icons on my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    What has happened to the icons on my start menu: I opened my start menu yesterday and this is what I found. Why are "some" of the icons showing with that black background? 140473
  6. Updating to 1903 killed Start menu type-find on 5 different PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating to 1903 killed Start menu type-find on 5 different PCs: I just updated to 1903 on 5 of my Windows 10-64 Pro machines (each different hardware, laptop, desktop). On all 5, Start menu type-find has died. To be clear, I can press the Windows key or left click on the Start menu, it pops up, but I cannot type any keys to actually...
  7. What happened to my start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my start menu?: When I clicked on my Start menu, normally I would see the multiple groups and apps I pinned to Start. Such as calculator, notepad, etc. However, everything was gone. It looked like it resetted all of the apps I had pinned. I could see the default apps pinned and the Start...
  8. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.): One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace. So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they? Please do NOT suggest third part apps. I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the...
  9. ninite or allmyapps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ninite or allmyapps: Someone may please tell me whether I can add programs from my hard disk to ninite/allmyapps or I have to download my required softwares through these program again. Secondly is it possible to add programs in windows image to install automatically when windows is installed....
  10. Windows 10 update killed all my customized pinned start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update killed all my customized pinned start menu tiles: After microsoft shoved 1709 down my throat, all my personalized pinned start menu tiles are gone. I have to re-pin all the apps that I had. Is there a way to save my custom pinned tile settings so that I don't have to redo them after every big update? What a pain in...