Windows 10: update wiped my surface pro

Discus and support update wiped my surface pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My surface pro did an automatic update, upon restart there was a error c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. The only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sk2018-2018, Nov 27, 2018.

1. update wiped my surface pro

My surface pro did an automatic update, upon restart there was a error c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. The only thing on my desktop is the recycling bin. I can't even open the start menu, no search, no icons anywhere, no ability to connect to the internet, nothing. Is there a fix out there?

:)

sk2018-2018, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

update wiped my surface pro

Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

update wiped my surface pro

1. update wiped my surface pro - Similar Threads - update wiped surface

2. Surface pro updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro updates: My surface pro is stuck on the screen updates are underway, 100% complete. The loop is still going around but nothing is happening. And I try to force restart it but didn't work. Is there something that I can do to make my laptop work again. I need to use it asap....
  3. Surface pro updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro updates: My surface pro is stuck on the screen updates are underway, 100% complete. The loop is still going around but nothing is happening. And I try to force restart it but didn't work. Is there something that I can do to make my laptop work again. I need to use it asap....
  4. Disconnect work account and / or wipe surface pro without admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnect work account and / or wipe surface pro without admin: Every time I press disconnect on my work account it comes back. I've tried many things and nothing gets rid of it. Now trying to wipe my tablet to see if that helps but it crashes on the reset this pc page where it's asking for a recovery key. My admin username and password...
  5. Disconnect work account and / or wipe surface pro without admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disconnect work account and / or wipe surface pro without admin: Every time I press disconnect on my work account it comes back. I've tried many things and nothing gets rid of it. Now trying to wipe my tablet to see if that helps but it crashes on the reset this pc page where it's asking for a recovery key. My admin username and password...
  6. Disconnect work account and / or wipe surface pro without admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. New Windows Update wiped all of my surface pro power options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows Update wiped all of my surface pro power options: Literally what happened, I cannot change what my power button does, I cannot change brightness, I cannot change the sleep timeout value. Everything is either greyed out, not working or straight up missing, is there a work around other than installing a older version and/or...
  8. Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 News
    Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2: Surface Pro The following update will be available in Windows Update and listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016” when you view your update history. Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to...
  9. Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop: We are pleased to announce that today we’ve released new versions of the Surface Tools for IT Pros with support for the new Surface Pro and Surface Laptop. This update includes new versions of the Surface Enterprise Management Mode (SEMM) tools Surface UEFI Configurator and...
  10. An update on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book

in Windows 10 News
    An update on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book: Building devices people love is what drives our team. It’s why we come in to work every morning and it’s what keeps us up at night. And feedback from our customers is really important to the team and to me personally. I read the blogs, I read the comments, I read social...