Windows 10: Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

Discus and support Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Thank you. You're .............. update wiped out all of my passwords and now I can't get into my Lastpass. This means I will have to open a new... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TerriLohman, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

Thank you.

You're .............. update wiped out all of my passwords and now I can't get into my Lastpass. This means I will have to open a new account.

This is very inconsiderate.

:)

TerriLohman, Mar 24, 2020

2. Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Hi,

If you are willing to save password on Edge then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default,
    but here's how to turn it on or off:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (...)
      > Settings > View Advanced Settings.

• Turn Offer to save passwords to On.
    For ore clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

I just finished some testing, and when you say "No" to saving password for a site, it will add the site to the "Manage passwords" list.

Deleting the site from the list will normally have Microsoft Edge ask you to save the password again afterwards.

If you haven't already, double check the list to make sure all instances of the site has been deleted, or delete all saved passwords to start fresh.

Microsoft Edge Saved Passwords - Manage in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Dutch Win User

Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold?

Ever since the latest update a few days ago, Edge no longer remembers my eBay password even though in Settings, Advanced Settings, Manage Passwords, "save passwords" is selected, and even though eBay is listed in the saved password list. Each time I login to eBay, I have to again select "save password" but Edge doesn't remember it when I later return to eBay. Edge does remember all my other passwords, except for eBay.
    Has this happened to anyone else, and any suggestions how to fix this?
    Thanks.

Dutch, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

1. Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge - Similar Threads - Update wiped saved

2. The August update wiped out all of my saved documents. How do I retrieve those documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The August update wiped out all of my saved documents. How do I retrieve those documents?: When Microsoft updated my computer in August, it erased all of my saved documents. How can I retrieve them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-august-update-wiped-out-all-of-my-saved/7f639b58-5460-4d3c-b1f0-78afb7013ad8
  3. The August update wiped out all of my saved documents. How do I retrieve those documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The August update wiped out all of my saved documents. How do I retrieve those documents?: When Microsoft updated my computer in August, it erased all of my saved documents. How can I retrieve them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-august-update-wiped-out-all-of-my-saved/7f639b58-5460-4d3c-b1f0-78afb7013ad8
  4. It looks like an update wiped out my passwords in Microsoft Edge How do I get them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like an update wiped out my passwords in Microsoft Edge How do I get them back?: Just yesterday my computer went through some kind of a system update.Before the update everything was going just fine. After the update I tried to log into one of the standard sites that I use regularly. The user ID, instead of showing up automatically was not there, and no...
  5. It looks like an update wiped out my passwords in Microsoft Edge How do I get them back?

It looks like an update wiped out my passwords in Microsoft Edge How do I get them back?: Just yesterday my computer went through some kind of a system update.Before the update everything was going just fine. After the update I tried to log into one of the standard sites that I use regularly. The user ID, instead of showing up automatically was not there, and no...
  6. It looks like an update wiped out my passwords in Microsoft Edge How do I get them back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Passwords wiped out of all browsers except ONE not Edge, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwords wiped out of all browsers except ONE not Edge, Windows 10: I use several different browsers for different functions. My main browser is Firefox. I use it every day. The others I use at various times. Waterfox I use almost every day, others Chrome, Edge, etc I use every couple of weeks.I went to login to a specific Google account...
  8. Passwords wiped out of all browsers except ONE not Edge, Windows 10

Passwords wiped out of all browsers except ONE not Edge, Windows 10: I use several different browsers for different functions. My main browser is Firefox. I use it every day. The others I use at various times. Waterfox I use almost every day, others Chrome, Edge, etc I use every couple of weeks.I went to login to a specific Google account...
  9. Passwords wiped out of all browsers except ONE not Edge, Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?: Leaving aside the well known, obnoxious and frankly dangerous policy that microsoft has of forcing updates through without any option to postpone or prevent them, why in the name of all that's holy does every single update wipe all my stored wifi passwords? Are you people...