Windows 10: Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

Discus and support Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Thank you. You're .............. update wiped out all of my passwords and now I can't get into my Lastpass. This means I will have to open a new... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TerriLohman, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

Thank you.

You're .............. update wiped out all of my passwords and now I can't get into my Lastpass. This means I will have to open a new account.

This is very inconsiderate.

:)

TerriLohman, Mar 24, 2020

2. Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Hi,

If you are willing to save password on Edge then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default,
    but here's how to turn it on or off:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (...)
      > Settings > View Advanced Settings.

• Turn Offer to save passwords to On.
    For ore clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

I just finished some testing, and when you say "No" to saving password for a site, it will add the site to the "Manage passwords" list.

Deleting the site from the list will normally have Microsoft Edge ask you to save the password again afterwards.

If you haven't already, double check the list to make sure all instances of the site has been deleted, or delete all saved passwords to start fresh.

Microsoft Edge Saved Passwords - Manage in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Dutch Win User

Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold?

Ever since the latest update a few days ago, Edge no longer remembers my eBay password even though in Settings, Advanced Settings, Manage Passwords, "save passwords" is selected, and even though eBay is listed in the saved password list. Each time I login to eBay, I have to again select "save password" but Edge doesn't remember it when I later return to eBay. Edge does remember all my other passwords, except for eBay.
    Has this happened to anyone else, and any suggestions how to fix this?
    Thanks.

Dutch, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

1. Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge - Similar Threads - Update wiped saved

2. Intel Update wiped out my display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Update wiped out my display: I updated a Dell desktop with the microsoft update for Intel - Display. Now I don't have a display showing at all. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-update-wiped-out-my-display/872e8205-edc3-4ff3-9d2c-ef67b07506b4
  3. How do I update my saved windows login password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I update my saved windows login password.: When I turn on my computer I'm now met with windows saying "password not recognized" It obviously still having my old password saved. So I must enter in my current password. How can I update it to the new password, so I am logged in automatically when I switch on the...
  4. View saved passwords using the new MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View saved passwords using the new MS Edge: I am using the new MS Edge and want to check my saved passwords. I am able to get the the screen that shows the sites and usernames but the passwords are hidden. To view, it says "Microsoft Edge is trying to show passwords. Enter your Windows password to allow this." Okay...
  5. View saved passwords using the new MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View saved passwords using the new MS Edge: I am using the new MS Edge and want to check my saved passwords. I am able to get the the screen that shows the sites and usernames but the passwords are hidden. To view, it says "Microsoft Edge is trying to show passwords. Enter yourWindows password to allow this." Okay...
  6. Do not save passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do not save passwords: How could I make my Microsoft Edge web browser not save passwords or keys on my PC with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-save-passwords/9604f6bd-f4e7-4392-b273-2a620e433c18"
  7. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...
  8. update has wiped out all my files, how do i get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    update has wiped out all my files, how do i get them back: windows 10 updates have removed all my files. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-has-wiped-out-all-my-files-how-do-i-get/5cfd8c8b-8d5f-44f2-a145-190db933c204"
  9. Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Edge is not saving my passwords: Hey, I wanted to use Windows Edge as my browser, not crome (even though I like chrome) windows works well, but my passwords are not saving. I know some people say; go to settings, advanced, then to save passwords/autofill. But that does not work. I have the boxes checked...
  10. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215