Windows 10: Updating to 1903 Issues

Discus and support Updating to 1903 Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to update to 1903, I download the entire update via Update Assistant, then my PC restarts and the standard blue screen that displays the %... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZachC3, Oct 23, 2019.

1. ZachC3 Win User

Updating to 1903 Issues

Trying to update to 1903, I download the entire update via Update Assistant, then my PC restarts and the standard blue screen that displays the % Updating follows, then it restarts again and I get "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION HANDLE" or something like that

Every time I get back into the OS, Update Assistant forces me to redownload the same update every single time... even though I just downloaded it.

This is all because the Xbox Games Pass app refuses to install unless windows is updated to 1903.

Yes, my GPU drivers are fine, I routinely wipe them with DDU and reinstall the newest NVIDIA driver.

It seems like it has partially installed correctly? And that is flummoxing the system? Sometimes I get Windows Setup "Searching for Updates" showing up on top of the Update Assistant. I have no idea what this OS is doing, and I don't think it quite knows either.

Tried both contacting MSFT via their messenger, sat for 40 minutes and no one responded. Then tried scheduling a call. I was to receive one in "6 minutes" about 30 minutes ago.

:)

ZachC3, Oct 23, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Updating to 1903 Issues

USB issue with win10 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing with the USB drive?
    2. What do you mean when you say "sub-directory link" and "if its saved on a USB drive"?
    3. Is the USB drive letter changing itself after the 1903 update?

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Updating to 1903 Issues

1. Updating to 1903 Issues - Similar Threads - Updating 1903 Issues

2. Audio issues on Update 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues on Update 1903: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/na2ytwe0mcj51.png?width=381&format=png&auto=webp&s=d584c4d6a76f7d48bf05a59781743ef2f202baf5 Hey! After Update 1903 (I was using 1809) I can't switch between speakers and headset like I was used to, now I have to plug and unplug my...
  3. Issues with the 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with the 1903 Update: Split from this thread. hi. with very very sorry I feel that now Microsoft has no answer to solve the issues. three-time I contact still having problem upgrade system Windows 10. new updates 1907, some of Ms agent says reinstall new Windows, some are sending me some...
  4. Numerous issues with 1903 update

Numerous issues with 1903 update: I want to see if anyone is having similar issues with the 1903 Windows 10 update. I've already tried rolling back and then reinstalling the update, and the same issues are persisting. So what's happening... My computer will run fine for a a few hours, then things start...
  5. 1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues

1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues: After 1903 Some Games now will not run in exclusive Fullscreen causing performance issues and input lag. I've tried everything from comparability settings to registry values, and I unfortunately cannot roll back my version of windows due to the update being longer than 10...
  6. Updating to version 1903. - issue.

Updating to version 1903. - issue.: I have been trying to update to version 1903 for quite some time, & I am now getting this error message displayed:- "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  7. Issues with windows 10 update 1903

Issues with windows 10 update 1903: hi i was wondering if anyone had any issues with update 1903 deleting files and other things in this update even bookmarks in google chrome are gone too please help....
  8. Windows Update 1903 issues

Windows Update 1903 issues: A few weeks ago, Microsoft basically forced this upgrade onto my PC (computer eventually restarted on its own with no prompt) After I waited 3 hours for it to update, my computer would freeze up randomly (the screen & mouse etc. completely freezes and I have to restart my...
  9. Windows 10 1903 Update issues

Windows 10 1903 Update issues: So gonna put this is detailed as possible without writing a book Trying to update to the latest update for windows 10 - 1903 (Feature update introducing PC Game Pass) I have tried every method known to man to get it to work, but it gets to reboot - 30% then reboots - 48%...
  10. Issues with 1903 update

Issues with 1903 update: Hi all, I received the option to update to 1903 on settings today, and so I accepted it. However, after a while, it said it failed to update, so I tried restarting my laptop. After restarting, my laptop just showed a black flickering screen with the drive light flashing,...