Windows 10: upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts

Discus and support upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My second computer is a Win 7 machine . Windows 10 upgrade is ready to install. I have several questions: a) Will windows 10 upgrade remember that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportflyer, Nov 24, 2015.

1. upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts

My second computer is a Win 7 machine . Windows 10 upgrade is ready to install. I have several questions:

a) Will windows 10 upgrade remember that I have a local account or I have to start from scratch ?

b) If I choose a local account , would windows 10 remember my existing window 7 account name and password ?

Thanks

:)

sportflyer, Nov 24, 2015

2. Windows 7 2 admin user accounts. How to upgrade to windows 10 keeping these accounts.

windows 7 has 2 admin user accounts which mostly access the same software.

On upgrading to windows 10, will I have to re introduce both admin accounts to access these software or must I rebuilt these admin accounts from scratch?

I am hoping that I can just simply upgrade to windows 10 and carry across these 2 admin user accounts without having to create them again and losing the access they already have to shared software on windows 7. Also, as an aside, on windows 7 we use windows
    live mail for our email, does this work on windows 10?

Regards,

David Collins

MysticMaster, Nov 24, 2015
  3. EMAIL AND WINDOWS 10

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from both windows 7 and 8.1 but my BT email accounts will not receive (and presumably send) and there is an error message "0x8007271d. I have deleted the accounts and re-input without success. Can you help please.

IanWilcox_793, Nov 24, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts

5. That's good to know. When I upgraded my primary computer from 8.1 to 10 , I had to use the MS account login credentials because the machine used a MS account. I want to keep the other computers with their original local account login credentials. Thanks

sportflyer, Nov 24, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    If you use any of the new apps (mail etc) after upgrading make sure you take the option to sign into that app only otherwise it will convert your account to MS account. It isn't a big deal (you can always change it back) but it is something to watch out for.

7. Thanks for the reminder .

sportflyer, Nov 24, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Also if you do a clean-install and you are connected to the internet, Windows insists on creating a Microsoft account when creating a user. You can avoid that either by disconnecting from the internet while on first startup (OOBE) or you select to create an account, but then instead of putting your data there is an option to do it later (not remember exactly) and you are then offered to create a local account instead.

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  9. I just upgraded from the windows notification icon . Upgrade went smoothly but took some time ( I think around 2 hours) The process lingered for a long time down loading the first 1% of files . I almost gave up but after it was pass the first 1% everything went smoothly. It did remember I had a local account and did not ask for Microsoft account. Everything is working fine except one application which is the Malwarebytes Anti Exploit program , it just wont run even after I uninstall and reinstalled.

sportflyer, Nov 25, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    Maybe you need to download a newer version that is Windows 10 compatible. Try installing it with Administrator rights (right-click and Run as Administrator).

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  11. After I uninstall MBAE ,there is still a MBAE folder remaining in Programs (x86) containing the file mbae64.sys which prevented a re installation to work . After deleting this folder and reinstalling MBAE , it works Ok again. Strange .

sportflyer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts - Similar Threads - upgrade accounts

2. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: Split from this thread. Hi EmilyCould you please help me with a similar situation? There are 20 Lenovo all-in-one computers with Windows 11 Home Edition. It is needed to upgrade them to Windows 11 Pro in order to join the local domain controller. How is it possible to...
  3. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: Split from this thread. Hi EmilyCould you please help me with a similar situation? There are 20 Lenovo all-in-one computers with Windows 11 Home Edition. It is needed to upgrade them to Windows 11 Pro in order to join the local domain controller. How is it possible to...
  4. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: I recently purchased a new laptop for my business and realized once received that it had Windows 11 Home instead of "Pro", so I wasn't able to login using my work email account.I ended up logging in with my personal account and upgraded to Windows 11 Pro - however I am...
  5. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: I recently purchased a new laptop for my business and realized once received that it had Windows 11 Home instead of "Pro", so I wasn't able to login using my work email account.I ended up logging in with my personal account and upgraded to Windows 11 Pro - however I am...
  6. I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro: I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for Remote Desktop. I have 11 Home now. It's asking for a product key - which I do not have. Even in the Microsoft Store I an unable to upgrade. Please help - thank you!!...
  7. I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro

I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro: I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for Remote Desktop. I have 11 Home now. It's asking for a product key - which I do not have. Even in the Microsoft Store I an unable to upgrade. Please help - thank you!!...
  8. Since I have upgraded my pc to windows 11 I am unable to sign into any microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I have upgraded my pc to windows 11 I am unable to sign into any microsoft account.: Since I have upgraded my pc to windows 11 I am unable to sign into any microsoft account in any windows thing including windows 11, edge, microsoft 365, etc. I have tried reseting settings, creating new user and all things which are available online can someone please help...
  9. Since I have upgraded my pc to windows 11 I am unable to sign into any microsoft account.

Since I have upgraded my pc to windows 11 I am unable to sign into any microsoft account.: Since I have upgraded my pc to windows 11 I am unable to sign into any microsoft account in any windows thing including windows 11, edge, microsoft 365, etc. I have tried reseting settings, creating new user and all things which are available online can someone please help...
  10. Can I upgrade an account without being signed on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade an account without being signed on?: I currently have my pc working after I reset it and it installed windows 10 pro which i used my student account to log into. I however, would rather have my main account to be the one I use on the regular. It is a home account. I can't sign into it due to me using pro,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 accounts windows 7 to 10 upgrade