Windows 10: Upgrade to 1903 fails 5 times

Discus and support Upgrade to 1903 fails 5 times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have no clue what is going on here. This is my 5th. try at installing this upgrade 1903. First thing I did was make a computer backup. I st. time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Binkie, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Binkie Win User

Upgrade to 1903 fails 5 times

I have no clue what is going on here. This is my 5th. try at installing this upgrade 1903.

First thing I did was make a computer backup.

I st. time was from updates, kept freezing and I kept forcing restarts, then it reverted back to original.

2 nd. and other tries, I used the Media Creation Tool, works great to a certain point like about 58% then freezes, I do a force restart it goes along fine doing the updates then at 89% it freezes and this is the end of it. No more restart and reverts back.

I have shut down all 3rd. party apps like Malwarebytes, and Adguard. to try and stop any interference.

Is there any easier way of doing this, or do I have to do a Clean Install, which was what I had to do when 1809 came out..

Any good ideas out there.

Thanks.

Ronald

Here is an image of the final results.

:)

Binkie, Aug 30, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Sync Centre failing after upgrading to Windows 10 1903

Hi, my Thinkpad X230 was recently upgraded to release 1903 of Windows 10, and now the Sync Centre / offline files feature is playing up, having previously been very reliable (laptop is on a domain, connected to a Server 2102 Essentials R2 box).

Since the 1903 upgrade, opening Sync Centre and starting a sync works - once. Asked to sync a second time, and it responds with "Sync Failed". Opening Settings (the gear wheel) and typing "Sync", shows that Sync Centre has now disappeared as an option at
    the bottom of the list. Accessing Sync Centre via the Control Panel is successful, but sync doesn't now work (synchronisation failed). In "Manage Offline Files" Windows states "Offline Files are enabled, to use restart your computer" or similar. I restart
    the laptop, go into Sync Centre (which has now reappeared in Settings) and synchronisation works again - once - before once again failing on second attempt, restarting the whole scenario of rebooting the PC to get it to sync once again. I know this must be
    related to Windows 10 1903 because I reinstalled the laptop to attempt to fix the issue (having also tried restoring the PC to an earlier snapshot from the server) with a fresh download of Windows 10 1903, and the problem was the same, failed on second attempt.
    Any suggestions? I have posted this issue on Windows Feedback (twice) but no response to the posts.

BJGlendinning, Aug 30, 2019
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

Thema:

1. Upgrade to 1903 fails 5 times - Similar Threads - Upgrade 1903 fails

2. Feature Update 1903 failed a number of times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature Update 1903 failed a number of times: Hi to all, Feature update 1903 has failed repeatedly for months. I've looked at a number of threads on this forum, and tried a number of suggestions, unsuccessfully. If I check for updates, it tries to work on a 1903 update. Disk goes to 100%, and it VERY slowly updates...
  3. Feature Update 1903 failed a number of times

Feature Update 1903 failed a number of times: OK, I've been looking into this problem on and off for a while now, and decided I need some advice. Standard HP desktop, Win10, all updates previously successfull. Symptom. On any restart/reboot, the system stays doesnt hang on the blue screen for many minutes yesterday...
  4. Repeated fail upgrade to 1903 => block functional upgrades

Repeated fail upgrade to 1903 => block functional upgrades: Dear all, Since some months, I fail to update to W10 1903 from 1803. I tried the different methods from FIX: Windows 10 Update 1903 failed to install (Solved) - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos It fails with error 0xc1900101 It is a 12 years old Thinkpad R61, and...
  5. Upgrade of Windwos 10 to 1903 fails

Upgrade of Windwos 10 to 1903 fails: I have tried to update my computer twice now to Windows 10 1903. Each time, on the second reboot the progress indicator gets to about 40% and then the computer powers-down. When the computer is turned on it does not boot until the reset button is pressed. Then it rolls back...
  6. update failed to 1903 two times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    update failed to 1903 two times: hi, i have downloaded and updated 1903 two times, it takes lots of time(more than 2hr) though, and every time it goes to 27-30% and then it restart then after few mins restarts again saying windows reverting back to the original state. then after again wasting a few mins...
  7. upgrade to windows 1903 failes

upgrade to windows 1903 failes: the update is not executed. The system gives the error message 0x80240034 What can I do to solve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-1903-failes/1295a031-9f59-4d6c-a299-a58e3cf8e0d1
  8. Windows 10 1903 Upgrade Fails

Windows 10 1903 Upgrade Fails: With the urgency to upgrade from 1803 to 1903, I need assistance with this failure to upgrade. I have used this document as a guide: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshoot-feature-update-install-failures/eaf4ff24-64d6-4c72-824c-3ba3df716fc3 I...
  9. Windows 10 1903 failed upgrade

Windows 10 1903 failed upgrade: Hi, I tried several times to upgrade windows 10 to version 1903 but the upgrade failed in all occasions with error code 0XC1900101 – 0x20017. Several sites mention that the problem is associated with device drivers but I have no idea how to fix it. I attempted to upgrade...
  10. Update failed, 5 times in 2 weeks.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update failed, 5 times in 2 weeks.: Hello folks, I am running Windows 10 Home, upgraded from Windows 7 Home Edition. The current version is 1703 (OS Version 15063.674). Within a period of last 2 weeks, Windows has tried to update at least 5 times and after a couple of reboots, it tells me that the updates...