Windows 10: Upgraded to 1903 - Most Win Apps fail to launch

Discus and support Upgraded to 1903 - Most Win Apps fail to launch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Subject line describes it well. Nearly every Win app fails to run (some show splash screen which quickly disappears). Edge and Sticky Notes are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Telos, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Telos Win User

Upgraded to 1903 - Most Win Apps fail to launch

Subject line describes it well. Nearly every Win app fails to run (some show splash screen which quickly disappears). Edge and Sticky Notes are working... but not much else.

When I launch calculator it fails, leaving this trail in Event Viewer:

"Failed with 0x5 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1905.28.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe."

... or Alarms:
    Failed with 0x5 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1903.1006.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.

I thought about uninstalling/reinstalling apps, but the Microsoft Store is broken as well, so I probably couldn't reinstall.

Any ideas? SFC and DISM (Run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth) show no errors

:)

Telos, Jun 30, 2019
  2. rjolbrich Win User

Win 10 1809 kb4497934 update fails with 0x80070157

Hello,

I tried all suggestions up to upgrading to 1903 from

step 1 in fixes. I also tried step 2. None of the fixes

solved the problem. I am not willing to upgrade to

1903 - not during the first month of availability! Do

you take me for a fool? Windows Update continues

to be the most unreliable component of Win 10.

rjolbrich, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 30, 2019
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

Thema:

1. Upgraded to 1903 - Most Win Apps fail to launch - Similar Threads - Upgraded 1903 Apps

2. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  3. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  4. Upgrade Win 1903 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win 1903 version: Hello,My windows is still 1903 version.Previously I wrote that I'm thinking to upgrade to 1909 version, downloaded the enablement package file, made some homework and hope to upgrade the system soon.(May I shorten the long name of the file to just "kb4517245-x64.cab")But...
  5. Apps keep failing to launch ... :

Apps keep failing to launch ... :: Just recently, the Apps I have downloaded from the Microsoft Store and the built in apps such as the Photos app keep crashing on launch ... and you have to re-launch them several times to get them up and running. Is there a quick and easy way of fixing this really annoying...
  6. Built-in apps fail to launch

Built-in apps fail to launch: Not sure which forum to post this in -- since it has to do with apps, trying here. I'm at my wits end with my new Windows 10 laptop! The built-in apps (e.g., Connect, Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store, Movies & TV) show splash screens and then disappear after a couple seconds....
  7. upgrade to windows 1903 failes

upgrade to windows 1903 failes: the update is not executed. The system gives the error message 0x80240034 What can I do to solve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-1903-failes/1295a031-9f59-4d6c-a299-a58e3cf8e0d1
  8. Win 10 upgrade to ver 1903 keeps failing

Win 10 upgrade to ver 1903 keeps failing: I have a HP Pavillion laptop with AMD processor that I cannot get upgraded to ver 1903. I have tried the Upgrade Assistant online, have created a bootable USB drive, and bootable CD/DVD disk. Have tried each at least twice with same results, I keep getting a 0xc1901130...
  9. win 10 upgrade 1903

win 10 upgrade 1903: i have 1809 x64 win 10 version and windows update tells me that i can upgrade my version to 1903 when i press download and install it runs normally until the installation process when it stops at 82% and give this error Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error...
  10. Win 10 1903 upgrade fails because of docking station

Win 10 1903 upgrade fails because of docking station: I have tried with different models: a Dell Latitude 7390 and a Precision 5510, both laptops running Windows 10 (version 1809) when I start the Windows upgrade to 1903 the laptops restart and roll back the upgrade. I ran a setupdiag...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1905.28.0