Windows 10: Upgrading to Pro but it says Home on install wizard

Discus and support Upgrading to Pro but it says Home on install wizard in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Bought a W10 Pro licence yesterday to upgrade from W10 Home. Just running the install wizard and i'm getting: "Ready to install. To recap you've... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DorseyUK, Nov 4, 2015.

1. DorseyUK Win User

Upgrading to Pro but it says Home on install wizard

Bought a W10 Pro licence yesterday to upgrade from W10 Home. Just running the install wizard and i'm getting:

"Ready to install. To recap you've chosen to install Windows 10 Home."

Just a text error do we think or something more sinister? I don't want to go through the whole process only to replace Home with Home!

:)

DorseyUK, Nov 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 pro

Are you performing a clean install or just want to upgrade the existing Windows 10 Home install to Pro? If you just want to upgrade the existing Windows 10 Home install, use the Easy Upgrade wizard with the Pro key.

Review instructions how to perform an Easy Upgrade using the default key:

How to Perform an Easy Upgrade in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home

*Original Title: Windows 10 home upgrade to pro

I did a clean install of windows 10 home and bought upgrade to pro. Upgrade goes through but at restart says, (can't complete upgrade, attempting to undo changes) and upon on logging in I notice my windows 10 home is now deactivated and if I attempt
    upgrade again, it says not compatible with this version of Windows. What is issue?

johnhartmann1, Nov 4, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

lx07, Nov 4, 2015
  5. DorseyUK Win User
    Thanks, that certainly seems to say it's a Pro licence. Just trying to chat to MS support too.

DorseyUK, Nov 4, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Nov 4, 2015
  7. DorseyUK Win User
    Yes, it would seem I did it wrong. They're refunding me the big licence fee I paid yesterday and i'm just about to start the (easy) upgrade now.

Sorry to have wasted your time today but thank you for your help.

DorseyUK, Nov 4, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

Certainly not a waste of time if you got refunded *Smile

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading to Pro but it says Home on install wizard - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro says

2. home to pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    home to pro upgrade: Looking and getting a new w10 or w11 home box i need to upgrade it to the pro version but cannot find the cost of such, any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-to-pro-upgrade/993c1c08-a3ad-4361-ab7f-a74bed0e7e13
  3. home to pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    home to pro upgrade: Looking and getting a new w10 or w11 home box i need to upgrade it to the pro version but cannot find the cost of such, any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-to-pro-upgrade/993c1c08-a3ad-4361-ab7f-a74bed0e7e13
  4. Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home to Pro Upgrade: We ordered 4 Computers with Home on accident, We want to upgrade them to Pro, However the purse strings are controlled far away. How can we upgrade these 4 machines without the person buying the upgrade here or having their financial info? I'm hoping there is a way they could...
  5. Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home to Pro Upgrade: We ordered 4 Computers with Home on accident, We want to upgrade them to Pro, However the purse strings are controlled far away. How can we upgrade these 4 machines without the person buying the upgrade here or having their financial info? I'm hoping there is a way they could...
  6. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed - Computer says Home, Microsoft account says Pro,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed - Computer says Home, Microsoft account says Pro,...: As above.Dell Inspiron 15 5510Came with Windows 10 Home.Went into my account on the Microsoft website, selected the Dell device, went to upgrade by paying $99+Tax to go from Win 10 Home to Pro.The transaction went through Microsoft website now says my computer is Win 10 Pro...
  7. upgrade home to pro

upgrade home to pro: hi i have a legal windows 10 home, want to upgrade to pro with legal and does not accept the upgrade to pro ,does not activate. i tried to install home with legacy or uefi and nothing 167624
  8. upgrade home to pro

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrade home to pro: hi i have a legal windows 10 home, want to upgrade to pro with legal and does not accept the upgrade to pro ,does not activate. i tried to install home with legacy or uefi and nothing 167624
  9. Upgrade Home to Pro

Upgrade Home to Pro: I understand that my Microsoft Account allows me to install Windows 10 on multiple computers. I currently have one desktop and two laptops running Windows 10 Pro v. 1909. One of those laptops is dying and I have replaced it with a new laptop with Windows 10 Home v.1909...
  10. Home to Pro Upgrade

Home to Pro Upgrade: I have an old Windows 8 Pro key that I want to use on my Windows 10 Home PC. When I try to use that key under "Change Key" it just says you can't use this key to make the upgrade. Microsoft's website says to use a specific key instead, which will activate the process to...