Windows 10: Urgent help: Did I break my system?

Discus and support Urgent help: Did I break my system? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to change my user account name cause it sounded ridiculous. I could not find an option in the Control Panel so I followed the 4th method... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by helphelphelp, May 30, 2018.

1. Urgent help: Did I break my system?

Hi,
    I wanted to change my user account name cause it sounded ridiculous. I could not find an option in the Control Panel so I followed the 4th method under this link: Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

In short I did Win+R, netplwiz, clicked on my account there and changed its name.

I only had 1 account listed in netplwiz. I renamed it. But when I clicked "OK", the entry disappeared. The field is empty now. I cannot click on "Add.." to create a new one, it is not greyed out but nothing happens when I click it.

I cannot access Control Panel or Settings anymore. I get the error: No mappings between account name and security IDs was done.

Did I fk up my computer? Is there any fix? I tried to change my account name back but I don't know how. I'm panicking and scared to close my computer, because I am scared to be locked out of everything

:)

helphelphelp, May 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 30, 2018
  3. scrolling. reply did not help

Hi Verendra,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the touchpad drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest touchpad drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to
    Run this program in Compatibility mode.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Urgent help: Did I break my system?

1. Urgent help: Did I break my system? - Similar Threads - Urgent help Did

2. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  3. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  4. I NEED URGENT HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I NEED URGENT HELP: Help! I am on windows 10!So I did a system reset on my laptop. after the reset, I still had my old files on the windows.old folder. My files were located on a very long subfolder on a subfolder on a subfolder... and about 20 more of that. Now, the subfolders that the files...
  5. I NEED URGENT HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I NEED URGENT HELP: Help! I am on windows 10!So I did a system reset on my laptop. after the reset, I still had my old files on the windows.old folder. My files were located on a very long subfolder on a subfolder on a subfolder... and about 20 more of that. Now, the subfolders that the files...
  6. I need urgent help with this!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need urgent help with this!: I like this pc, but I have not downloaded anything and for some reason I am losing storage fast!what do I do?I can't factory reset because I have no disk space to do so!I don't know what's causing it either.pls help me, I just got this laptop!...
  7. I urgently need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I urgently need help: my notebook lenovo ideapad 330 some weird version witout cd mechanic and with windows 10, intel core i7, nvidia gtx 1080, Ssd 250gb, Hdd 1tb: when i try to boot it up it says windows couldn't start properly tray restart that can repair the problem or other options. well...
  8. Did my PC break my mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did my PC break my mic?: One day when I was talking to people and my mic was working perfectly fine, my PC decided to shut off randomly on its own, probably due to overheating but it could be another reason. Anyway, ever since I turned my PC back on, my mic no longer picks up my voice. Usually...
  9. I need urgent help

I need urgent help: Yesterday I uninstalled the latest feature update because my computer has been lagging like crazy since I installed it. When I tried to reboot, INACESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I tried some cmd tutorials, but bootrec fixboot wont work and nt60 sys doesn't fix it, access is still...
  10. Did I break my computer?

Did I break my computer?: So when I got home from work I turned on my pc and was presented with a blue screen. My mom told me the power flickered and that that could be the reason, so I restarted and forgot about it. I was trying to open Microsoft store and it kept crashing every time I tried to open...