Windows 10: Urgent help: Did I break my system?

Discus and support Urgent help: Did I break my system? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to change my user account name cause it sounded ridiculous. I could not find an option in the Control Panel so I followed the 4th method... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by helphelphelp, May 30, 2018.

1. Urgent help: Did I break my system?

Hi,
    I wanted to change my user account name cause it sounded ridiculous. I could not find an option in the Control Panel so I followed the 4th method under this link: Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

In short I did Win+R, netplwiz, clicked on my account there and changed its name.

I only had 1 account listed in netplwiz. I renamed it. But when I clicked "OK", the entry disappeared. The field is empty now. I cannot click on "Add.." to create a new one, it is not greyed out but nothing happens when I click it.

I cannot access Control Panel or Settings anymore. I get the error: No mappings between account name and security IDs was done.

Did I fk up my computer? Is there any fix? I tried to change my account name back but I don't know how. I'm panicking and scared to close my computer, because I am scared to be locked out of everything

:)

helphelphelp, May 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 30, 2018
  3. scrolling. reply did not help

Hi Verendra,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the touchpad drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest touchpad drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to
    Run this program in Compatibility mode.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Urgent help: Did I break my system?

1. Urgent help: Did I break my system? - Similar Threads - Urgent help Did

2. [URGENT] Need Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [URGENT] Need Help: So, I bought a new iBuyPower PC $450, I went to create the password and typed it in, what I didn't know is that the keyboard they sent me has mixed up keys and they type different then what they say they do. I cant figure out the password and now Im locked out of my computer,...
  3. Urgent need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Urgent need help: Ok assuming you’re here to help, I shall explain. So my laptop is literally unuabpe because when I factory reset it, it turned off during the ‘installing windows’ part. Now windows 10 is broken and I tried everything to fix it from command prompt to trying to use the default...
  4. need help urgent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help urgent: i am using lenevo yoga 500 current version 511 started an update yesterday of windows 10 it is stuck on 99% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-urgent/d91cf3f6-e37b-4fd5-97f2-ed914e3b4d2a
  5. Please help urgent!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Please help urgent!: I constantly get black screens while doing random things on my cpu. I get a error of "Event id: 10016 The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and...
  6. Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?: *MadEver since install..all 3 pc's have been acting weird....won't sleep or shut down properly, random crashes, go away 30 min. and when I come back, all my icons are huge...???? and just now my Desk Top just powered off and it's completely DEAD!!!. No lights on the MB,...
  7. Uninstall Help! URGENT!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Help! URGENT!!!!: Hello guys, I have been using windows 10 TP build 9926 for about a week on my SP3. I've noticed some bugs but overall was great. But there is one issue that is bothering me and I wanna go back to windows 8.1 due to that. The issue is that the battery discharge on W10TP...
  8. Help urgent

in Windows 10 Support
    Help urgent: Help I bought a copy of windows 10 and now the person is saying they are going to revoke the windows licence can they do this and what does it mean 24535
  9. help, urgently ><

in Windows 10 Support
    help, urgently ><: Okay as the title says I have some sort of... uh an issue with windows 10 and that is as the picture shows that(2nd one) I have "microsoft essentials prerelease" turned on.. even tho I don't have it installed or anything and I tried uninstalling it, but didn't find it...
  10. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need urgent help: I know this is a Win 10 Forum but I was hoping someone can help me solve my win 8.1 issue. When ever I'm playing games my windows alt tabs and goes to the search tab and it wont let me exit it, this is causing me many headaches because I play a lot of online games and the...