Windows 10: USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound

Discus and support USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi This foot pedal was perfectly until about two weeks ago. I am a transcriptionist and so need this to stop and start audio while i type it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Redlorakeet, Jun 7, 2017.

1. USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound

Hi

This foot pedal was perfectly until about two weeks ago. I am a transcriptionist and so need this to stop and start audio while i type it.

I am running windows 10 on a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop. I have just upgraded to the Creator version but it was doing the same thing on the previous version.

When I put my foot on the foot pedal I get the windows disconnect sound and then the connect sound and the play button does not work.

I also get HIDwatch 1167 error when I try to use another transcription software. Are the two related??

I am at my wits end. Can anyone help please?

:)

Redlorakeet, Jun 7, 2017
  2. Shoebling Win User

Infinity foot pedal

I am trying to connect infinity foot pedal USB2 but keep getting the message 'controller could not be opened. I googled the problem and found it was a Windows 10 problem, when I checked my devices the foot pedal is recognised as a keyboard. I have tried
    disabling the USB power saving option but this hasn't worked either. Any ideas?

Shoebling, Jun 7, 2017
  3. vrbtm99 Win User
    Infinity foot pedal - Windows 10 usb recognized intermittently

I have an Infinity USB foot pedal. My computer running Windows 10 is only recognizing it intermittently, so it works some times and others not. I have plugged in and replugged and when not working does not show anything being plugged in or removed.

Is there an update or download so that Windows 10 will recognize the Infinity pedal?

vrbtm99, Jun 7, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound

What is the make and model of the foot pedal?
    Hold down the Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager. Do you have any Yellow Flags next to any USB Devices? If so, right click it and Uninstall it, then remove the USB cable from the computer and restart the computer. When you come back up, plug the cable into a different USB port.
    You can also go to the foot pedal manufacturers support/download drivers site and look for an updated driver.

spunk, Jun 7, 2017
  5. Hi

The foot pedal is Infinity (made by VEC) In USB 2.

I have no yellow flags.

I have been in touch with the makers and they tell me there are no drivers with the pedal. They come with the software.

I have spoken with the software people and they tell me it is a windows problem. Going round in circles here.

When you look in the Device Manager in the HID area its very busy - should there be so many entries?

USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound [​IMG]

Redlorakeet, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Yea, it's normal to have a lot of HID devices listed. More to try

Re: HIDwatch error. From google, if that was from NCH Express free, only the Alto pedal works with their free version
    Infinity USB Foot Pedal (IN-USB-2)

/* EDIT */
    Run the 32 or 64 bit version of USBTreeView (based on if you have 32 or 64 bit windows running). When you connect the foot pedal, do you see a new USB device appear?

ComputerGeek, Jun 8, 2017
  7. Hi
    I have downloaded this and when i first run it i can see red blobs on the usb pedal. I have no idea what that means.

USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound [​IMG]

Redlorakeet, Jun 8, 2017
  8. USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound

Was trying to learn if the foot pedal was being recognized (and stayed recognized by Windows) while it was plugged into the USB port. When it's recognized it appears with a name (such as USB composite device). The red blobs around that blue icon also indicate a device is plugged into the port.

Now that you've tried Spunk;s advice (checking if any yellow icons anywhere in Device Manager) and we've verified the device is detected - the only other thing that come's to mind, is try uninstalling then reinstalling the software that comes with it. Download and use Revo Uninstaller (free) to assure all bits and pieces of the software are completely removed. Let the uninstaller tell you its complete before following Revo prompts to continue looking for any left overs to be removed.

Then try reinstall. Hope that might help

ComputerGeek, Jun 9, 2017
  9. Hi

thanks for your help with this.

There is no software with the pedal. The software that you use contains the drivers i understand.

Redlorakeet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound

1. USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound - Similar Threads - USB Infinity pedal

2. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  3. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  4. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  6. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  7. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Connect / Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connect / Disconnect Sound: Help! The "Connect" and "Disconnect" sounds are constantly activating. Very annoying. I went to the sound device manager and it does not give me the ability to "turn off". Also...a separate Community Thread offered some "Troubleshooting" tips however those did not...
  9. No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices

No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices: There's no sound when I connect and disconnect USB devices. The sounds used to work until one or two weeks ago. I am not sure if the other event sounds work or not, but I can use media players without issues. If I check the Sounds tab under Settings, I can see the event...
  10. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound: Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. foot pedal not recognized

2. how to tell if VEC USB foot pedal is 32-bit or 64-bit

3. windows 10 usb infinity pedals

4. MY COMPUTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO MY INFINITY FOOT PEDAL,
  5. infinity usb windows 10,
  6. controller could not be opened foot pedal,
  7. vec infinity foot pedal intermittant issues