Windows 10: USB Problem after 1903 update

Discus and support USB Problem after 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Seemingly my 1093 update went through OK, maybe before the block was put on for USB connected items. I now have problems which appear related to USB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricFerbrache, Jun 25, 2019.

1. USB Problem after 1903 update

Seemingly my 1093 update went through OK, maybe before the block was put on for USB connected items.

I now have problems which appear related to USB.

Adobe Lightroom appears to function perfectly until I attempt to import new image(s). It then hangs, even before the choice appears to select the input device, and maybe after 3 - 5 minutes, will mount the next screen display, and become totally hung at that point. Adobe have suggested a BIOS upgrade as a possible solution, but this is not an available option at this time.

Separate to this, if I attempt to copy a file to the USB card, I am unable to select the card as a destination (no action or error message).

With an SD card in a USB port, when I select "Safely remove hardware and eject", no action is apparent for maybe many minutes before the drive selection options display in order to select the drive for disconnection. The problem was not apparent until after the 10 days of retention of the previous OS, so reverting to earlier version is not an option, neither is a system restore where restore points prior to update have been deleted by the system.

I appear to have latest USB drivers installed.

So, what path do I now progress in order to extricate myself from this difficulty? I am filing this under Windows Update, as that appears as the cause of the problem!.

Eric

I

:)

EricFerbrache, Jun 25, 2019

2. USB issue with win10 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing with the USB drive?
    2. What do you mean when you say "sub-directory link" and "if its saved on a USB drive"?
    3. Is the USB drive letter changing itself after the 1903 update?

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB Problem after 1903 update

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB Problem after 1903 update nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

USB Problem after 1903 update

1. USB Problem after 1903 update - Similar Threads - USB Problem 1903

2. Problems With Smartcard Readers after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems With Smartcard Readers after updating to 1903: I use some smartcards in my Pc but after the 1903 update in windows 10 not even one smart card reader are showing up in the management software that my smart card uses, the driver shows up in driver manager and the scardsvr service it is running. Some one have a advise or i...
  3. Problem on Windows 10 Update after 1903

Problem on Windows 10 Update after 1903: Never happened to me before, after 1903 the cumulative updates always caused blue screen then rollback. The win 10 login will be turned to need Ctrl+Alt+Del to login. After login and choose "Do not require Ctrl+Alt+Del to login", My Realtek sound card drive will lost, only...
  4. LAN Connectivity Problem After 1903 Update.

LAN Connectivity Problem After 1903 Update.: Hey, I have update my windows 10 to version 1903. I use my college proxy LAN connection for internet. Before update it used to work really fine, but after updating it is always showing Unidentified Network though all my settings are fine. In order to get internet I need to...
  5. Problems after 1903 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems after 1903 Windows 10 Update: Hello, I have noticed two issuess after Windows 10 update from 29.08.2019. First is - I cant click on folders and files with mouses right button, cause the system gets stuck. The second is - I have icons of my computer and my documents on a taskbar, but clicking on them...
  6. Updating to 1903 with no problems

Updating to 1903 with no problems: I was able to update my new HP Windows10 Home to build 1903 last night with no problems. I shut down all programs running in the background, ran my preferred "clean-up" temp cleaner, set a new restore point and went for it ......... Absolutely no problems!! I don't know if...
  7. Problems after updating to Build 1903

Problems after updating to Build 1903: I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine. On Friday, I restarted the computer and got a "preparing windows" message. I lost every setting I had except windows password and pin....
  8. Hibernate problem after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate problem after update to 1903: I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro version 1903 running on a Dell Inspiron with SSD and HDD. Windows runs on the SSD. Ever since the update when I try to put the computer in Sleep (Hibernate) mode, it wakes up a few minutes later with no keystrokes, no mouse activity, and...
  9. Problem after the last update for 1903

Problem after the last update for 1903: Used recovery after problems after the last update for Windows 1903. I now have a laptop that opens items I have not clicked on, takes at least 4 clicks to select a box on a page and even then will uncheck it. It is almost impossible to move an item or scroll a page. The...
  10. Problems after Windows 1903 update

Problems after Windows 1903 update: I have had a number of problems since the Windows 10 1903 update: 1. Audio problems - sometimes there is no sound when I try to listen to a video or similar. 2. I often can't watch videos. 3. The Night Light option no longer works. These are the problems that I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hybrid sleep windows 10 1809

2. usb problems after windows update 1903

3. usb fix for 1903

4. which usb will not work with windows 10 1903