Windows 10: Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

Discus and support Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mmdaminmlz, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

Hi!

I'm using Windows 10 version 1807,

In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu.

I have to open cmd from start and navigate to the folder by "pushd" or "cd" but before I just need some click to do that.

Please add this

I didn't learn PowerShell's language, And it's startup is too slow.

:)

mmdaminmlz, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 15, 2018
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Context menu now has "Powershell" instead of "Command Prompt"

Read this tutorial and it shows you how, step by step Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell" :)
    Show Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell on Win+X menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

OldMike65, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

PowerShell can process many CLI commands but does have its own syntax as you are finding.

I use it a lot at a management level for carious workstation and sever tasks. Pretty much anything Windows does in the GUI is a powershell command.

I recommend you look up some info on Google and also look into the book, Learn PowerShell in 30-days Worth of Lunches. That'll give you a great start to properly using and understanding PowerShell. Its extremely powerful and useful...the caveat is learning it and understanding what it wants.

You should be able to set it back to CLI in personalization settings if you don't want to learn it. CLI is still food enough for most folks...not sure why they felt the need to do that...ironically I have my menus set to display PowerShell instead of CLI.

http://m.windowsitpro.com/windows-10/pro-tip-replace-command-prompt-powershell-windows-x-menu

Kursah, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

1. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell" - Similar Threads - Command Prompt instead

2. Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...: Hi Windows 11 friends.I have no more external USB or Flashdrive to create a USB Windows 11 build 22H2 Installer to fix the drive C: Windows 11 build 22H2 nor can use its DISM or SFC Checkdisk runs fine but it's not powrful enough to fix it on its own Command Prompt among...
  3. Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...: Hi Windows 11 friends.I have no more external USB or Flashdrive to create a USB Windows 11 build 22H2 Installer to fix the drive C: Windows 11 build 22H2 nor can use its DISM or SFC Checkdisk runs fine but it's not powrful enough to fix it on its own Command Prompt among...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  5. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  6. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Enable Remote Desktop using Command Prompt or PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Remote Desktop using Command Prompt or PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you want to use the Remote Desktop feature without opening the Windows Settings panel, then you can enable Remote Desktop using Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell. If you have a remote desktop client on your mobile or another computer, [...] This post...
  8. How to use Powershell command Set-ADAccountPassword as a prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use Powershell command Set-ADAccountPassword as a prompt: This is where I am currently at: $firstname = Read-Host -Prompt "Please Enter the First name" $lastname = Read-Host -Prompt "Please enter the last name New-ADUser -Name "$firstname $lastname" -GivenName "$firstname" -Surname "$lastname" -UserPrincipalName...
  9. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838
  10. Context menu now has "Powershell" instead of "Command Prompt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu now has "Powershell" instead of "Command Prompt": So I updated to the CU over a week ago, and I noticed an odd change. The "Open command prompt here" option in the shift+right-click context menu has been replaced by "Open Windows Powershell here" instead. Powershell does not work with the apps I use (for example, an RPA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to get command prompt but get powershell insted

2. use cmd instead of powershell

3. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

4. use command prompt instead of powershell,
  5. use command line instead of powershell,
  6. cmd prompt instead of powershell,
  7. use command not powershell,
  8. command prompt instead of powershell,
  9. should I learn how to use power shell instead of command prompt?,
  10. use command prompt instea,
  11. powershell keeps opening instead of cmd,