Windows 10: Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello

Discus and support Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, a) possible to use use the Microsoft Authenticator App in general for Window Hello? b) possible to use push notification (allow, decline)... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by YT_01, Feb 13, 2019.

1. YT_01 Win User

Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello

Hi there,

a) possible to use use the Microsoft Authenticator App in general for Window Hello?

b) possible to use push notification (allow, decline) for desktop login?

--> User types user name during windows login

--> User gets a notification on the smartphone.

--> User allows allow login and gets access on the windows desktop

Thanks,

YT

:)

YT_01, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
  3. poit57 Win User
    Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello

Source: Convenient two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello | Building Apps for Windows

Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello [​IMG]
    Tip How to Set up a Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Microsoft Authenticator App with Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Microsoft Authenticator App

2. Microsoft Authenticator App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Authenticator App: My computer password must be changed every 90 days. When I change that password does my Microsoft Authenticator App password then become that new password? Do I need to do something on the App to put in the new password? Or is my App password always the same original...
  3. Microsoft Authenticator App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator App: Hello, I was checking my Microsoft Authenticator one day because I needed to sign in to OneDrive. I checked my Apple Watch for the pop-up, and I did not have the section on the bottom that allows you to approve or deny. I checked my app grid to find out that I didn't have...
  4. Microsoft Authenticator App on Windows

Microsoft Authenticator App on Windows: Can Microsoft make the Authenticator App not just on mobile but also on our Windows devices, it will be great for us to use it conveniently on Windows and don't have to turn on our phones and look at the code. Let people download it via Microsoft Store to their PC....
  5. Microsoft Authenticator App on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator App on Windows: Can Microsoft make the Authenticator App not just on mobile but also on our Windows devices, it will be great for us to use it conveniently on Windows and don't have to turn on our phones and look at the code. Let people download it via Microsoft Store to their PC....
  6. Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...

Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator app: Hi, I had this app on my old phone and it worked fine. I got a new iphone and it will not work.I have my college email address added to it but when I want to log into emails it asks to be approved and it wont give me the box to approve.I have tried to Sync it but it asked for...
  9. Microsoft Authenticator App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator App: I use the microsoft authenticator app and accidentally set the app to locked, when I try to unlock it says use biometrics or enter passcode but there isnt anywhere to enter passcode and dont have biometrics in this phone so I cant unlock the app. Any ideas?...
  10. App Microsoft Authenticator

App Microsoft Authenticator: Hello, I'm came from chatting with a technical support on Microsoft, with not result about,.. What happen if you change your phone number using the Microsoft Authenticator App? Well, I know there is a lot of people with the same issue, with the two step verification. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello authenticator app

2. windows hello authenticator

3. use windows hello as a authenticator app

4. windows hello microsoft authenticator,
  5. windows hello and microsoft authenticator,
  6. use Microsoft Authenticator app to unlock windows,
  7. is microsoft authenticator a windows hello,
  8. microsoft authenticator code windows hello,
  9. suggested windows authenticator app for pc,
  10. windons hello aythenticator,
  11. multifactor unlock windows hello,