Windows 10: User Account Issue

Discus and support User Account Issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have lost the use of my user account, i cannot delete, change anything on my laptop, the user account window appears and in the past i had an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tjmck, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Tjmck Win User

User Account Issue

Hello,
    I have lost the use of my user account, i cannot delete, change anything on my laptop, the user account window appears and in the past i had an option to use either YES or NO i only get NO and have to log in as administrator i do not see where to do this, i may have changed my admin account to standard account, i am not a computer person (70 yr old guy) so you i hope you understand i have tried Microsoft but they want $184.00 for a year, i had an issue before (two years ago) and they went on my computer and fixed it within 10 minutes i guess times have changed, hope someone can help.

Thank you for your time.
    Terry.

:)

Tjmck, Jan 28, 2018

2. User account and user folder issue

You bet! You an also right-click the Start button (the menu there has a shortcut to the Admin command prompt), or you can always just find the command prompt icon shortcut and right-click it to Run-as-admin (the Ctrl-Shift-Enter is just the keyboard shortcut
    for that).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 28, 2018
  3. User account and user folder issue

Thanks. That brings up the administrator command prompt I was looking for , C:\windows\system32>

MarcGR1710, Jan 28, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

User Account Issue

5. Tjmck Win User
    Hello Denis,

Looks a little over my head but looking i shall try the Safe Mode, you have illustrated what icons to push so i shall try this.

Best Regards

Terry

Tjmck, Jan 28, 2018
  6. You will need to enable build-in Administrator account and from Administrator account change your user account type from Control Panel --> User Accounts.

Please visit my tutorial, link is below and scroll down to How to Enable Windows Build-in Administrator Account section.

Windows Recovery Environment

Make sure to disable the build-in Administrator account when you are finish.

FreeBooter, Jan 29, 2018
  7. Try3 Win User
    Terry,

I understand what FreeBooter has suggested but it is not appropriate to your situation because it ignores how Windows behaves in the particular circumstances you have described.

FreeBooter's procedure is called 'Registry hive editing'. It would replace section 3 of the procedure I have suggested so you would still need to use sections 4 & 5.

Denis

8. User Account Issue

Hi Tjmck,

This problem can be solved easily.

1. Enable the built in administrator: Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

2. Create a local account: Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

3. Login in with the new created local account, and set the account type as the administrator: Change Account Type in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

4. After you set the local account as the administrator, you can add, move, delete files as you like.

rickchristine, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

User Account Issue

1. User Account Issue - Similar Threads - User Account Issue

2. new user account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    new user account issues: hi there: I created a new user account because my old one was corrupted. Two issues. 1 I switched from local account to my MS account. Issue is, the background color, like having folders in the dark mode, etc. did not sync or carry over. What is happening there? 2 Why...
  3. User Account Control issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control issue: I used to be asked to authenticate(by password, PIN or Windows Hello) an action requiring admin rights eventhough I was logged in with administrator account but after some change to registry, I am not being asked to authenticate such admin level actions like installing a new...
  4. Permissions issue with a User account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions issue with a User account: I followed advice on a here. Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder! When I try to delete a file it says I need permission from DESKTOP-KH36HHO, which is the computer I'm using. Before I go to delete the folder I enter my admin pin...
  5. User Accounts / Permissions Issue

User Accounts / Permissions Issue: My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which...
  6. User account and family issues

User account and family issues: This is happening loads on my new laptop. Family settings down and Cortana summary screen just spinning. Is this an MS side issue as the machine is doing this more often than not. Sometimes everything is fine but I just don't understand it really. Yesterday evening everything...
  7. Ambushed by User Account Control Issue

Ambushed by User Account Control Issue: Hi I've been researching this Forum on this problem, but I could not see whether or not there is a solution to the case. See SIMILAR threads but all seems not the same about the path to find a solution... Every time I try to open some certain non-Microsoft programs and...
  8. Issues switching between user accounts

Issues switching between user accounts: I share my laptop with my wife; I have an admin account and she is a standard user. We have a consistent but intermittent problem switching between user accounts using the fingerprint reader. Most of the time, one swipe of a finger properly changes accounts. At least every...
  9. User account issue (w/ other issues)

User account issue (w/ other issues): Recently i allowed a family member use my only pc, and somehow user accts is corrupted. The pc went into automatic repair, it couldnt perform it. In advanced options, tried using recovery flash drive, that failed to execute- i dont know why, then system repair, failed! Then...
  10. Advance user account control issue

Advance user account control issue: i forgot my win 10 pw. i am able to login as a guest account but unable to make changes or open other applications cause its restricting as not as Admin. suggesting me to sign in as admin. need advice. these are the things i did to resolve this issue: 1) win + R type:...