Windows 10: User accounts with limited permission for public gaming events

Discus and support User accounts with limited permission for public gaming events in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm writing here in a time of great need. I work for a company which manages couple of gaming events around our country.We have some stands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MeTiuJeFetak, Dec 2, 2019.

1. User accounts with limited permission for public gaming events

Hi there,
    I'm writing here in a time of great need.

I work for a company which manages couple of gaming events around our country.We have some stands which are pretty much an add for our partners with PCs sent by them.Usually,they are just setup in a back-to-back or "LAN style" fassion and people can just come,sit and play whatever they want,but I want to make it a little bit more professional than just creating guest accounts.
    Title pretty much says what I'm asking.I'm looking for a way to create Windows 10 user account with very limited permissions ie. can login,start a game,login to steam/EGL/Battle.net and so on,but they can't see the taskbar,edit windows settings,open other apps(like chrome..) and so on.Preferably,downloading a game through mentioned clients would be also nice,but that would mean that any downloading would be available(atleast I think so),which is not what we want.

I know that with Windows XP it was possible to limit user permissions to web browsing only,but I have no idea how to set it up on Windows 10 and I haven't had any luck googling this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

submitted by /u/MeTiuJeFetak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MeTiuJeFetak, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Dec 2, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, Dec 2, 2019
  4. User accounts with limited permission for public gaming events

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

User accounts with limited permission for public gaming events

1. User accounts with limited permission for public gaming events - Similar Threads - User accounts limited

2. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  3. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  4. Logged in as Public user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logged in as Public user: I recently did a clean reinstall of Win10 and today after removing the local user credentials, leaving only the logged in user, I noticed my displayed desktop is for the Public user.In Windows explorer the Public user shows what I see on the display, and the Desktop icon...
  5. USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS: HI, I HAVE BEEN HACKED BADLY AND THE HACKER HAS CHANGED USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISIONS BLOCKING ME FROM HAVING ADMIN ACCESS AND EVEN MY TROUBLESHOOTER IS UNACCESSABLE NOW AS I DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO FIX ANYTHING EVEN THOUGH IM THE OWNER AND SOLE USER OF THIS LAPTOP SINCE I...
  6. User account permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account permission: I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they made me update everything in Windows and my video driver, nothing helped. Finally, the customer service person asked if they...
  7. User account permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...
  8. Permissions issue with a User account

Permissions issue with a User account: I followed advice on a here. Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder! When I try to delete a file it says I need permission from DESKTOP-KH36HHO, which is the computer I'm using. Before I go to delete the folder I enter my admin pin...
  9. Limiting applications that are on user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Limiting applications that are on user accounts: I would like to know who I can make it so that only the applications I have on my admin account show up on subsequent user accounts. My admin account is a Microsoft account and my user accounts are local. I just tried adding a user account but when I logged in, it looked...
  10. User Accounts / Permissions Issue

User Accounts / Permissions Issue: My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which...