Windows 10: User and Administrator accounts help...

Discus and support User and Administrator accounts help... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello... Just joined the forum to get some help on windows 10 user accounts... OK... Here I go, See if I can relay what I'm fighting... I upgraded to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Raner, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Raner Win User

User and Administrator accounts help...

Hello... Just joined the forum to get some help on windows 10 user accounts...
    OK... Here I go, See if I can relay what I'm fighting...
    I upgraded to windows 10 made one account because this is my home personal computer...
    I don't need a password... I just like to start the pc and get to it...
    I't is a water cooled gaming pc so I turn it off every night...
    I found a tutorial on how to sign in without a password. Using the admin cmd. and typing: netplwiz
    Well when I got to the user accounts, I see four accounts...
    Is it possible to delete three of the accounts and just keep the one I made which is one of the admin accounts I see...
    There seems to be two admin accounts and two users accounts. Where the heck they came from I have no Idea.
    I log in on the main account and when I restart the pc is goes to one of the other accounts I have to manually tick on my admin account then type password then login... I'ts a big pain in the rear end for me...LOL...
    I know there has to be a solution to my problem... I know I doing something wrong...
    I did not want to delete any of the accounts until I had some idea of how to do it correctly and I did not want to mess up and delete the wrong one and really mess up...
    I can provide what ever information you need... Just let me know what is needed...
    Thanks for any help you can give me in advance...

:)

Raner, Sep 4, 2015
  2. torbar Win User

Windows 10 Administrator id - User Accounts and Logon Screen

Jamille

Thank you. Your direction worked to not display the administrator id.

Thanks to all who helped me with the problems from the Answer desk member.

The reinstall of Windows 10 caused some configuration problems and some problems with device drivers that had to be reinstalled. They are all resovled now.

torbar, Sep 4, 2015
  3. torbar Win User
    Windows 10 Administrator id - User Accounts and Logon Screen

Evening

I logged onto the Dell laptop (number 2). The system indicated that Updates were installed. I checked and the updates for the problem download had been installed.

The laptop had been reconnected via Ethernet to the router and left powered on overnight.

Anyway the system performed the updates at some point in time in the expected pattern.

Now I will try laptop 3 and see what happens.

Thanks for all the assistance.

I am still looking for an answer for the Administrator id logon problem- noted in this thread.

Bob

torbar, Sep 4, 2015
  4. altae Win User

To start: Why don't you show us a printscreen of netplwiz, it would definitely help to get an overview over the situation. But I can already tell you this: There must be at least 2 accounts. One user account (designated administrator) and a "real" administrator account that you normally cannot see because it's hidden. Please don't delete any accounts yet, just show us a printscreen of the current situation.

altae, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Raner Win User
    Hi Altae...Here is the netplwiz snapshot...
    Were is say's chista88, I edited the two lines a bit... It is showing my email address...chista88@xxxxxxxxx...

Raner, Sep 4, 2015
  6. altae Win User
    Ok, everything alright. There are but 2 accounts on your system, the built in but hidden "real" admin account, and the user with admin rights christa88. The system internal HomeGroupUser is needed for the HomeGroup feature of Windows and isn't a user that can be used to log in. Leave everything as it is, it has to be this way. In fact there is only one active account which is christa88.

altae, Sep 4, 2015
  7. Raner Win User
    Thanks Altae... Looks like the third account is the one I need to log in... I set it to enter windows without password as per this video... Windows 10 Technical preview removing password at startup - YouTube and it's working fine. I restart the pc and now it logs back in to the account I was in when I logged out... I was messing with it last night and when I set the first account to log in without a password the pc hung on the welcome screen for a few minutes and then gave me a pop up message of "CRITICAL ERROR, LOG OUT" I did and used my chiata88 admin account and it worked fine... I think the first account was left over from my windows 7 operating system. Now that I know which is the admin account for windows 10, That account is not going to bother anything as long as I don't use it...
    Is there a way to remove the account from the windows 10 control button menu...
    If the answer is no can't delete it... Thats fine... *Sad
    What is the Lock on the menu for...( What does it do... Just curious)*Huh

Raner, Sep 4, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Raner just this out it may describe your Lock screen better for you.
    How to Enable or Disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10
    Windows 10 Forums lock-screen-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Sep 4, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Guess I am having trouble trying to post you that link, anyhow, go to the Tutorials forum, and its their, also just put in lock screen in the search box at the top, and it will show you where it is, and bring u their.

OldMike65, Sep 4, 2015
  10. Raner Win User
    Raner, Sep 4, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup Raner, I got it now.....brain fart on my part. *Redface

OldMike65, Sep 4, 2015
  12. Raner Win User
    No Sweet... I just turned 63 and I get them all the time...
    At least I'm above ground and not under it... LOL...

Raner, Sep 4, 2015
  13. altae Win User

By the way, if you ever need the "real" admin account (some folders can only be accessed by that account) you open cmd (with admin. privileges) and enter user Administrator /active:yes.

To deactivate it again the command is user Administrator /active:no.

altae, Sep 5, 2015
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Just tried that command....does not work.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>user Administrator /active:yes

'user' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

replaced "user" with my accounts name, same result

OldMike65, Sep 5, 2015
  15. Raner Win User
    Ok Altae .... Thanks... If I activate it will it stay activated till I deactivate it... Because if it does stay activated I'll leave it on forever...
    I'm the only one that uses this PC...

Raner, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

1. User and Administrator accounts help... - Similar Threads - User Administrator accounts

2. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  3. Administrator and user accounts question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator and user accounts question: I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and I chose to use the Custom installation. Somehow I created a User account with a nickname that I use, and a Administrator account with my real name. When I installed Windows 10 a number of years ago I did it from scratch, and...
  4. Administrator and user accounts question

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator and user accounts question: I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and I chose to use the Custom installation. Somehow I created a User account with a nickname that I use, and a Administrator account with my real name. When I installed Windows 10 a number of years ago I did it from scratch, and...
  5. Administrator account HELP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account HELP: Hi wonder if anyone can help me. I have separated from my ex partner. We shared a laptop and with everything needed to be sorted this detail was not. I am currently the administrative account on this laptop, the laptop is 5 hours away so I cant just pop over to sort...
  6. Lost User Account, Administrator, everything... please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost User Account, Administrator, everything... please help!: I received my computer by my previous employer when she closed her firm. There was only 1 user account on my computer. I must have been the admin because I never needed permission to do anything. The computer was setup by the employers IT person. I have reached out to him but...
  7. administrator user account deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator user account deleted: accidentally windows administrator user account deleted now I am not able to install or uninstall any apps because administrator permission option is not showing for installing or uninstalling...
  8. How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.: When I was trying to take all the accounts of my pc I accidentally change my account type to user and I don't know how to make it back to an admin account again this is my only account I'm just stuck like this; Every time I try to change it back it says to enter admin...
  9. How to change the user account to the administrator account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the user account to the administrator account?: I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-account-to-the/c2c96a22-4676-4557-b1ce-920070c4442c"
  10. User Account / Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...