Windows 10: User Group Membership

Discus and support User Group Membership in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have put a group policy in place to remove local admin rights for all our users (currently a test group) and on member is in the IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iron key, Oct 8, 2018.

1. iron key Win User

User Group Membership

Hello,

I have put a group policy in place to remove local admin rights for all our users (currently a test group) and on member is in the IT department. I have removed his account from the Domain Admin group but the policy isn't applying correctly, his account can still perform admin functions on the local machine.

When i run a gpresult /r the result show that he is still in the Domain Admins group. So far I have gone through all the Policies and Groups he is a member of and Domain Admins doesn't appear.

Has anyone come across this and how it can be resolved?

:)

iron key, Oct 8, 2018

2. User Account Type/Stuck in Administrator mode.

Hi,

how many user account you have on your computer?

follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Win + R type netplwiz
    • Select the user and click on properties.
    • Go to Group membership tab
    • Change account type and click apply and ok.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. User Group Membership :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Oct 8, 2018
  4. hooked Win User

User Group Membership

Show Local users and Groups

Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

User Group Membership

1. User Group Membership - Similar Threads - User Group Membership

2. Premium Membership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Premium Membership: I renewed my Premium Membership 28042022 and today I received a reminder that my Premium Membership is about to expire. Can someoneplease let me know what is going on and why my membership has not been update?Robert Brown or Cute Cactus 31950 10052022...
  3. Premium Membership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Premium Membership: I renewed my Premium Membership 28042022 and today I received a reminder that my Premium Membership is about to expire. Can someoneplease let me know what is going on and why my membership has not been update?Robert Brown or Cute Cactus 31950 10052022...
  4. Is there a way to save group membership in AD so as to restore it later?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to save group membership in AD so as to restore it later?: Hi everyone,I recently encountered a situation where a user was disabled and removed from their security & distribution groups.They were later re-enabled but of course were no longer part of their previous groups, so the original user access records had to be reviewed and we...
  5. "Users & Groups" is not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Users & Groups" is not available: I have admin rights on my PC. When I go to Computer management trying to get access to "Users & Groups", I cannot find this feature. I have Windows 10, Home, 1903...
  6. VPN - Group Membership

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN - Group Membership: When the user is on Cisco VPN or any third party VPN on a Windows 10 device the user group membership does not enumerate properly. For example, we have a group called Windows10RemMedia that we add users that needed USB access. When on the VPN, if the user is being added to...
  7. Family Group membership removed by Son

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Group membership removed by Son: UPDATED from Security & Privacy: After 5 hours on line with MS Support I'm none the wiser. For some reason two of the 'advisers' lost connection when they couldn't resolve the issue. Funny that! Here is the exact problem: From the task bar the child Family Group member...
  8. cancel membership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cancel membership: Please cancel my membership. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-membership/41bd36c4-8d84-4f9f-906d-5e8250aab836
  9. Premium Membership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Premium Membership: I became a premium member some months ago so I would not have to look at commercials while playing games. However, in the last few weeks commercials have been appearing that say if you want this to end, click here and become a premium member. When I click it, it states that I...
  10. Lost Administrators Group Membership

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Administrators Group Membership: My wife's normally signs in to her computer using her Microsoft account. So as a user on the system she shows up as "C900," which is the model number of the computer. Her account had Administrators Group membership, but I accidentally removed it. I'm attempting to...