Windows 10: username path error

Discus and support username path error in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So when I installed the OS I had no problem configuring the username and stuff like that, but when I started installing programs I notice that one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by doriandiaconu, Nov 4, 2015.

1. username path error

So when I installed the OS I had no problem configuring the username and stuff like that, but when I started installing programs I notice that one letter of the username is off (instead of users/dorian it's users/doria). It's not a big problem, but still bothering me. I managed to change the username, but is it possible to change the path?

:)

doriandiaconu, Nov 4, 2015

2. Can't Display Contacts On PC After Backup

Could you do this:

click 'Start', 'Run' and add there path 'C:\Documents and Settings\username\Phone Browser\Nokia 6230\Contacts\file.datastore.control.lml'

(replace 'username' with your user account name)

Can you open that file?

Is there any error messages?

miksu---01, Nov 4, 2015
  3. How to retrieve a file was opened direct from email

Did you replace username in the path with the actual username?

Typing in appdata in Run dialog box should also take you till Appdata in the path.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 4, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

username path error

When you create an account using a Microsoft account it creates the directory name using 5 characters. If your first name is longer than 5 it will truncate it (like you had). If it is less it will append the first letters of your second name so if your name was "bob jones" you'd get "bobjo". Perhaps you created your account like that...

In any case you can't safely change the directory name in users.

If you wanted to correct it you could make a local administrator account called "dorian", copy your documents from "doria" then delete "doria" and (if you want to) convert "dorian" to a Microsoft account.

User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

lx07, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

username path error

1. username path error - Similar Threads - username path error

2. Change username error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username error: I was attempting to change my username and something has gone wrong. I tried a fix but made things worse.The machine has 2 users, User1 me & User2now I have changed my username but and can login but there are 7 user folders Public and User2 are unchanged but there are 5 user1...
  3. Change username error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change username error: I was attempting to change my username and something has gone wrong. I tried a fix but made things worse.The machine has 2 users, User1 me & User2now I have changed my username but and can login but there are 7 user folders Public and User2 are unchanged but there are 5 user1...
  4. Change username error

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Username path different from actual username

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username path different from actual username: I recently did a clean install of Windows 10. While installing I connected to the internet so I was forced to make a live account. Once I finished setup I decided to make a local account and delete the live one. When the dialogue box popped up to input a username the box was...
  6. Correct username under C:\windows\Users path in windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Correct username under C:\windows\Users path in windows 10?: After doing a custom install of windows 10, due to BSOD error loop, I am facing few newer issues. Issue 1: Username path in C:\Users\ got changed automatically from C:\Users\Raghav to C:\Users\ragha somehow on this new custom install of Windows 10 (version 20H2). why we...
  7. Correct username under C:\windows\Users path in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Correct username under C:\windows\Users path in windows 10?: After doing a custom install of windows 10, due to BSOD error loop, I am facing few newer issues. Issue 1: Username path in C:\Users\ got changed automatically from C:\Users\Raghav to C:\Users\ragha somehow on this new custom install of Windows 10 (version 20H2). why we...
  8. error Path too long-

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error Path too long-: In Windows 10 Home is there a way of stopping this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-path-too-long/b050c5d4-808c-4a21-bf15-43f1f80914c4
  9. Error "Faulting Application Path"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "Faulting Application Path": One of my games keep crashing on the loading screen. I tried reinstalling it but it still crashed. I tried it using compatibility mode (It's a 13 year old game). I tried using the system file checker but it didn't do anything, just gave me a message saying: Deployment Image...
  10. Error 76: Path not Found error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 76: Path not Found error.: Hello All, We have upgraded our server from Windows 7 to Windows 10 then we found the "Error 76:path not found" while creating directory using a job from lotus notes database . I have debug the code and checked the path but no issue in path as we are able to create same on...