Windows 10: Users accounts and Microsoft One drive

Discus and support Users accounts and Microsoft One drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new PC running Windows 10 64 bit. My user account is a windows local account not linked to Microsoft. And I won't change that for many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LW02, Jan 19, 2020.

1. LW02 Win User

Users accounts and Microsoft One drive

I have a new PC running Windows 10 64 bit.

My user account is a windows local account not linked to Microsoft. And I won't change that for many reasons.

I uninstalled One Drive I use drop box, don't want to use One Drive. However, I now have two user accounts on my computer-one under quick access and This PC through C:\Users\LSmith\OneDrive and another one at C:\Users\LSmith that I can only get to by going through the file tree on the C: drive. How do I delete the one under One Drive and make the other one the one Windows naturally recognizes under Quick Access and This PC and generally defaults to for documents, pictures, music, etc.?

Thanks.

:)

2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Microsoft Sudoku not available to other users

Hi Larry,

Thank you for responding.

As Microsoft account has an issue, I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter from my previous post and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, the account might have got corrupted.

I suggest you to convert the Microsoft account to local account, and convert newly created local account (with no issues)to Microsoft account to transfer the user content.

Step 1: To convert the Microsoft account to local account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 3: Once the newly created local account is converted to Microsoft account, you can log-in with this account, try to access
    This PC and copy the contents from the old user account to a newly created user account.

Steps:

• Press Windows + E, click on
      This PC in the left pane.
    • Double click on C: drive (Usually where the operating system is being installed)
    • Double click on Users and older user profile folder.
    • Copy all the content from that user profile to the newly created user profile.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. Users accounts and Microsoft One drive - Similar Threads - Users accounts Microsoft

2. Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?: The company I work for has a customer who says that they used OneDrive to backup their QuickBooks data. Long story short they lost the data locally and are now looking for a way to recover. The user, however, says that he has never signed into a Microsoft account to use One...
  3. Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?: The company I work for has a customer who says that they used OneDrive to backup their QuickBooks data. Long story short they lost the data locally and are now looking for a way to recover. The user, however, says that he has never signed into a Microsoft account to use One...
  4. Can one drive be used without a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft one drive and Office one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft one drive and Office one drive: my one drive is full but my office one drive is supposed to hold a lot more how do I synche them both? Confused https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-one-drive-and-office-one-drive/bb0535b7-b4fe-4f59-9743-b499c6206b17
  6. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  7. Win 10 1903 One Drive & Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 1903 One Drive & Microsoft Account: My desktop PC with Win10 1903 has problems with One Drive & Microsoft Account Signing in starting yesterday. Normally the One Drive will be signed in automatically when the computer is started. Yesterday it couldn't. The cloud icon was with a blue circle with 2 white...
  8. My Microsoft Account for One Drive?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Microsoft Account for One Drive?: I have more than one account. I may have more than two accounts. Can they be found? I don't remember them but I think I know which emails may have been used....
  9. One Drive folders seem to be accessible by other user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive folders seem to be accessible by other user accounts: Hello, I have a PC with a SSD for windows and software and a larger HD for file storage. I've followed the microsoft procedure for moving the ove drive location and have not changed that to a folder on the larger D drive and its syncing fine. But when my kids log on to...
  10. User accounts and Microsoft accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and Microsoft accounts: Our genealogy club has a room with a few PCs that members may use to access online databases the club pays for. With Windows 7, members use a flash drive for data transfer between their home PC and a club PC. If a member had a Microsoft account and could log in to a club...