Windows 10: User's Surface book wont accept Active directory password after an OS update.

Discus and support User's Surface book wont accept Active directory password after an OS update. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The device password is correct, as it works on other machines, however the users device wont accept that password and says it's incorrect. This has... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Isobel Coyle, Jan 3, 2019.

1. User's Surface book wont accept Active directory password after an OS update.

The device password is correct, as it works on other machines, however the users device wont accept that password and says it's incorrect. This has started after a recent update, the OS is windows 10 pro.

There are no other errors, the device has been rebooted and it is connected to the internet.

Any suggestions?

:)

Isobel Coyle, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

User's Surface book wont accept Active directory password after an OS update.

Updates for Surface Book - Feb. 23, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Book (23 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Book update history

Brink, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

User's Surface book wont accept Active directory password after an OS update.

1. User's Surface book wont accept Active directory password after an OS update. - Similar Threads - User's Surface book

2. Widows 10 wont accept password after running os recovery...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Widows 10 wont accept password after running os recovery...: I had to run an OS recovery with my daughter's dell laptop. Now, windows will not accept my password, which is correct. Even worse, when following all the different troubleshooting I have read on your site, the os recovery was my only option, other than a clean install. but...
  3. Widows 10 wont accept password after running os recovery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows 10 wont accept password after running os recovery...: I had to run an OS recovery with my daughter's dell laptop. Now, windows will not accept my password, which is correct. Even worse, when following all the different troubleshooting I have read on your site, the os recovery was my only option, other than a clean install. but...
  4. Widows 10 wont accept password after running os recovery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Book 2 overheating after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating after update: I was forced to update my Windows 10 back on 10th June 2020 and after updating I have noticed a huge issue with heat. I have noticed my Surface Book 2 overheating with fans running so loud especially when gaming or when idle. This issue never happened before the update and...
  6. cannot login to Surface wont accept username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot login to Surface wont accept username and password: I have checked the username and password at Microsoft accounts and it is correct. So how can I remove this logon issue and get it right. How can I bypass this login Thanks Wayne...
  7. Windows broken after Surface Book update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows broken after Surface Book update: I’m having a problem with my 1st gen Surface Book running windows 10, where I get a black screen with only a (moveable) cursor on screen for about 10 minutes, before the login screen is displayed and windows starts up. This happened before, and I eventually just gave in and...
  8. wont accept password

in Windows 10 Customization
    wont accept password: wont accept password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-password/af3d63d1-a6be-4f43-9a83-13efa7620b8e
  9. Surface book wont login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book wont login: I have had my surface book less than 24 hours and something is wrong. It may be my fault but whenever i try to login the welcom loading screen doesnt change it keeps loading and doesnt stop. During setup i detached the top and i havent been able to login since then....
  10. User password not accepted after holiday

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User password not accepted after holiday: A friend recently returned from a 2 week holiday. His W10 desktop PC now rejects his password and will not let him in. He assures me that he had not changed the password. He has doubled checked that caps/num lock, etc, are not active. I believe him. He was coerced into...