Windows 10: Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Discus and support Using Media creation tool with existing ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeylessEnigma, May 16, 2016.

1. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Hello all,

I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for the creation tool to point to an ISO.

Is this not an option for the media creation tool?

Thank you!

:)

KeylessEnigma, May 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 November Update has not arrived

You should download Windows 10 ISO and run the setup within the existing Windows to do an In-Place upgrade.

ISO can be downloaded using media creation Tool.

Media creation Tool is now updated with Version 1511, OS Build 10586 of Windows 10.

Download link for Media Creation Tool:

Download Windows 10

Detailed steps on how to Download an ISO using Media creation Tool:

Download Windows 10 ISO File

The size of the update through Windows update and ISO are nearly the same.

HTH

Sumit Dhiman2, May 16, 2016
  3. Still no upgrade notice

Unhelpful answer do not want to use ISO and media creation tool that might create problem that does not exist now. It is August 30 and still no notice to go ahead with upgrade. What is a support engineer. Why is it that the GWX notice does not endorse
    the ISO or media creation tool as a solution for people still waiting for the good to go notification.

eugeneminns, May 16, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

No, it's not. For your purposes, you'll want to use the RUFUS tool, which does let you build a bootable and UEFI capable UFD with an ISO of your choosing. Two additional points, if using Rufus
    1. Make sure you pick GPT partition scheme for UEFI for best UEFI outcome
    2. Use a USB flash drive of 8 to 16 GB or larger to build your install environment.

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO [​IMG]

Good luck!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 16, 2016
Thema:

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

1. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO - Similar Threads - Using Media creation

2. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  3. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  4. problem using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  5. Download Windows 10 Enterprise ISO using Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 Enterprise ISO using Media Creation Tool: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Media Creation Tool is one of the ways of downloading the latest Windows 10 Home and Pro editions ISO. You can also download the latest Enterprise Edition, assuming you have a valid product key. In this post, we will [...] This post Download Windows 10...
  6. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  7. Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool

Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool: Hi there I downloaded the ISO using Ms's creation tool -- I selected create ISO. After the download it prompted me to burn to a DVD -- I didn't want that because I was going to use rufus to create a number of USB sticks so I exited the program. Now I can't find the...
  8. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use existing iso Media Creation Tool

2. media creation tool from existing iso

3. media creation toll use existing iso