Windows 10: Using multiple profiles is now easier with Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Using multiple profiles is now easier with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Our customers tell us that they like to keep their browsing data separate as they take on various roles in their lives. For people at home working from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Using multiple profiles is now easier with Microsoft Edge

Source: Using multiple profiles at work and at home is now easier with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

How to Add a Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Sign in and Sign out of Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Change Name of Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Change Profile Picture in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Turn On or Off Automatic Profile Switching in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Change Default Profile to Open External Links in Microsoft Edge

:)

Brink, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Source: Using multiple profiles at work and at home is now easier with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

How to Add a Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Sign in and Sign out of Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Change Name of Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Change Profile Picture in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Turn On or Off Automatic Profile Switching in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Change Default Profile to Open External Links in Microsoft Edge

Brink, May 23, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge is not working

Hi Sean,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with using Microsoft Edge is due to User Profile corruption. To address your concern, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. Using the Test User Profile, check if you will have the same issue
    with browsing in Microsoft Edge. This is for us to test if the issue is isolated with one User Profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter key
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We are looking forward for an update about your concern.

Darleen Pen, May 23, 2020
  4. Using multiple profiles is now easier with Microsoft Edge

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Using multiple profiles is now easier with Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Using multiple profiles

2. Microsoft Edge - profile photo desync issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge - profile photo desync issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ramloy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbxyb8/microsoft_edge_profile_photo_desync_issue/
  3. Edge Profile Pic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Profile Pic: I just installed Microsoft Edge Beta and thus far am enjoying it. The issue albeit a small one is that I cannot get the profile picture in the right hand corner top to update. I have gone into settings, clicked change picture, changed the picture, save but yet the picture...
  4. Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile: I'm on Edge Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit). I am using the Edge profiles feature to enable connectivity, bookmarks, cached credentials, etc., in order to connect to different environments for different customers of mine. I have a default profile 'Default' for...
  5. How to create multiple profiles on Edge Chromium browser?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create multiple profiles on Edge Chromium browser?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The final version of the new Chromium-based Edge browser is expected to be out soon and it will come with a load of features. In this post, we’ve tried to cover on how to create multiple profiles on the new [...] This post How to create multiple profiles on...
  6. Twitter testing an easier way to check out profiles on iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter testing an easier way to check out profiles on iOS: We’re testing an easier way to check out profiles on iOS without leaving your timeline! Simply tap any @ handle in a Tweet, take a peek, follow, and get right back to it. Let us know what you think! Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 127180
  7. Microsoft Edge Startup Page Profile Picture

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Startup Page Profile Picture: Hi, The upper right profile picture on the default Startup Page of Microsoft Edge doesn't update. It keeps displaying the first profile picture I used when I installed Windows 10. Maybe it's a detail for most of the people but being a nitpicker, and not being given any...
  8. Multiple profiles?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple profiles?: Hello, Extreme noob: Whenever I start Windows 10, two profiles show, one requires a username/password and the other just required password. Is there anyway to just log in without requiring a password? If not, how can I just have the profile that only requires the...
  9. Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10: (1) I open a Web Page (2) I go to Task View and see that Web Page in a mini desktop (desktop 1) (3) Then I go back into my Browser (Edge) and minimise that page (4) Then I open a different Web Page and go back into Task View, only to find that this new Web Page has...
  10. Microsoft to make multiple graphics cards easier w/ DirectX 12 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to make multiple graphics cards easier w/ DirectX 12 update: One of the most exciting aspects of DirectX 12 is that it allows users to pool together different video cards, with different models and performance, to improve a system’s power. But so far, that promise has only been sporadically fulfilled, because it’s up to developers to...