Windows 10: using VLC Media Player

Discus and support using VLC Media Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had an old laptop with an upgrade to Windows 10 installed, had VLC Media Player installed, worked fine, have updated laptop, came with Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Lange, Oct 25, 2018.

1. using VLC Media Player

I had an old laptop with an upgrade to Windows 10 installed, had VLC Media Player installed, worked fine, have updated laptop, came with Windows 10, have downloaded VLC Media Player and when I try to play video, the screen turns green, plays audio but no video, just won't play on this laptop,????

:)

Tony Lange, Oct 25, 2018

2. VLC Media Player

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Windows 10 follow next steps:

• Click on the Start button, and then select “Settings”

• Click on “System”

• Select “Apps& Features” in the left-hand sidebar

• Scroll down to locate VLC Media Player

• Click “Uninstall” and then confirm the uninstallation in the pop-up window by clicking“Uninstall”

Search for the components of VLC Media Player

• Click Start and then enter Regedit in the search box, Windows 10 users can type Regedit in the search bar and then enter the Registry Editor

• Hold down Ctrl+ F keys to launch the Find box. Put in CLV Media Player

• Choose the registries related to VLC Media Player and then delete them all.

• Note that this steps can trigger problems, thus to prevent problems occurring, you’d better back up the registry so that you can restore it if problems occurred.

Step 4: Show hidden files and remove the leftovers

• Click Start> Control Panel> Folder Options, choose the View Tab.

• Check the “Show hidden files and folders” in the Advanced Settings and then select “OK”.

Search for the leftovers of VLC Media Player in the Search Bar by entering VLC Media Player, and then delete the leftovers.

Source:

https://www.totaluninstaller.com/program-uninst...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Oct 25, 2018
  3. essenbe Win User
    VLC Media Player Question?

@irminator Windows Media Player does work on Windows 10. Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

essenbe, Oct 25, 2018
  4. irminator Win User

using VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player Question?

I am looking for the object code for windows using VLC media player on my website. ~just for audio ~ VLC was suggested by Microsoft. I found a code that was really long and wrong ~ lots of redundancy..it was poorly written. I know there is a shorter better version out there. I now have the object code for windows media play ~ that is now defunct ~ does not work on windows10~. So far, I have had minimal support and the wrong 800 number from microsoft for VLC. No 800 number on VLC website. No online chat. they did provide an email address. If Microsoft is not supporting windows 10 with an updated media player ~ it is really unfortunate. They have simply dropped the ball. Any help out there?

irminator, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

using VLC Media Player

1. using VLC Media Player - Similar Threads - using VLC Media

2. VLC media player problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC media player problem: When i was using vlc i clicked media and then open network stream and i pasted my link in this is my link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e6bTjpTmkA and it said this Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL...
  3. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with VLC Media Player: I use VLC Media Player for watching .mkv file formats but there is now an issue occurring and has occurred many times now. The player seems to be unresponsive after it glitches, the video and audio continue but my mouse clicks and keyboard commands seem to be unresponsive....
  4. VLC media player Privacy

VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  5. VLC media player Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  6. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  7. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  9. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  10. VLC Media Player Question?

VLC Media Player Question?: Ok I know its a lot harder to change file type icons in windows 10 then in other versions of windows like the 8 or 8.1. So I was wondering if its possible to just change the file types for a specific program or through the program. For example I'm using the vlc media...