Windows 10: Utilities for Multiple Monitors

Discus and support Utilities for Multiple Monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my home theatre I have a Win 10 Pro PC , set up for Extended Display set up for: - a large 4k TV (the default), with high res settings (Monitor 2)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mediaman09, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Utilities for Multiple Monitors

In my home theatre I have a Win 10 Pro PC , set up for Extended Display set up for:
    - a large 4k TV (the default), with high res settings (Monitor 2)
    - a small legacy 17" display, low-res settings (Monitor 1)

The large screen is the default screen, as that's what I need to be displayed when watching media, and controlling things via a wireless keyboard on the couch.

The purpose of the small display is simply so that I don't have to have to keep the large display on when:
    -doing minor config/setup work
    -listening to music via iTunes
    -viewing the 'current' song being played on my digital cable box
    -etc

It's more or less working well, but THE ISSUE IS THIS:

When working when both displays are on, and the active window in on the large display, I can select it and drag it over to the small display to work with. But when the large display is powered off, I am blind ; all I see is the task bar and whatever I launch goes , of course, goes to the default display.

-Is there any tool or utility I can use to virtually see the open window on the active monitor and so I can drag it over?
    -Is there any tool or utility , like TeamViewer has, where there is a top level menu "Next Monitor" to help manage the screens.

Ironically, when I do use Team Viewer from another room, its perfect as I can flip between monitors at will (as I am starting on the 'default' screen). But when I am in front the physical machine, in front of the small monitor, I dont have that option.

What I kinda need is the multiple monitor option of Duplicated displays, but that does not work because of the different resolutions.

I can use Show Desktop Only on 1, as I cant get there ( ie a right click will always show up on the large screen only as is the default.

My workaround for now is poor. I need to power up the large display, drag the window (eg iTunes) to the smaller display, and then turn off the large TV.

:)

mediaman09, Jan 26, 2016

2. notification area on all display

to get whole notification area to multiple monitors,

using the 'Actual Multiple Monitors' utility software is the only a way to get this function.

I've tried once but the utility is too big.

HelloEarth7, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Detecting Dual Monitors

Okay - this seems to be happening MORE and MORE lately...

A "VGA Splitter" does not give you the ability to utilize multiple monitors as-if you had an actual multi-monitor capable video card/device... it just takes your single signal and splits it to display identical pictures (SPLITS it) on multiple monitors.

In order to have the ability to extend your desktop (each monitor can display different things) requires a video card/device that can output to multiple monitors...

Shenan Stanley, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Utilities for Multiple Monitors

If you press the Windows logo key and the P key, you could just switch it back to PC only and all Windows should open on the one screen. Then switch back to extend when using the two screens. I put shortcuts for PC only and Extend on my taskbar so I can switch with just one click. I only use one monitor when I game.

alphanumeric, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Re those taskbar shortcuts, could you be kind enough to share the command line you use for:
    -PC only and
    -Extended

If they work when only using the non-default monitor ( the one that only has the taskbar showing), that would be great!

mediaman09, Jan 26, 2016
  6. alphanumeric, Jan 26, 2016
  7. Utilities for Multiple Monitors

alphanumeric - a million thanks - that's what I needed. Seems to work perfectly.

mediaman09, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Utilities for Multiple Monitors

1. Utilities for Multiple Monitors - Similar Threads - Utilities Multiple Monitors

2. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors: Hi,I replaced my second monitor this week. It will only duplicate the laptop screen; it will not extend.In display they show up as one monitor and windows does not detect the new monitor. I've run the windows update and checked the one video adaptor driver that's listed. I...
  3. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors: Our teachers have Dell Latitude 3310 2-in-1 laptops and corresponding docks in classrooms. The docks are connected to a monitor and a projector. When we clean install the laptops, the teacher can either duplicate the display on all three output devices laptop screen, monitor...
  4. Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  5. No utility icons on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No utility icons on second monitor.: I have 2 monitors and they both have a taskbar. I've noticed that the small icons next to the date/clock are not on the second screen. Is there a setting to do this or third party application to do this? submitted by /u/Qryza [link] [comments]...
  6. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors: I have a RazerBlade Pro and am trying to set up multiple monitors. The computer has 1 HDMI Port and1 Thunderbolt port. Was able to connect 1 additional monitor to the HDMI port. This works with either my Samsung 32" monitor or the HP 29" monitor. When I try to add a...
  7. Multiple monitors

Multiple monitors: Can do I set up 2 external monitors on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-monitors/69e805c9-758f-485d-a74b-e316dddb9b8d
  8. Utility that monitors upload activity?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Utility that monitors upload activity?: My home network is three desktop PCs, a laptop, and an NAS. The NAS is linked to a cloud service for backups. Three machines are Windows 10, one is Windows 7. Is there a utility that would allow me to conveniently monitor when cloud backup syncing (uploading) is taking...
  9. multiple monitors

multiple monitors: how to switch my 1 and 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/multiple-monitors/101ec3d8-0e37-497f-8656-1df332c50ba6
  10. multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple monitors: Is there a way to make certain programs only open up on a certain monitor in Windows 10? Right now I am using 2 monitors for programs and a TV to run Netflix app, etc. 14378