Windows 10: Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues

Discus and support Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Built a new system beginning of December and regularly get a shopping list of BSODs for apparently different reasons. Also occasionally run in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Davism_075, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues

Built a new system beginning of December and regularly get a shopping list of BSODs for apparently different reasons.

Also occasionally run in to boot issues in which display and usb won't start, and the PC attempts to reset after about 10 seconds only to continue in a loop. A complete power cycle breaks this cycle, however UEFI settings are reset to default.

BSOD Stop codes include:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (What failed: win32kfull.sys)

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

No change in peripherals used between this and previous build

Any advice around whether all this issues may be linked to a single installation or hardware error or if the entire PC needs to be thrown in a fire without further discussion would be appreciated.

:)

Davism_075, Jan 6, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

System lockups, BSOD, games crash. errors vary.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please uninstall ASUS software, it is known for causing bluescreens.

Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

axe0, Jan 6, 2019
  3. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Jan 6, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues

1. Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues - Similar Threads - Varied BSOD Crashes

2. Frequent and varied BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent and varied BSODs: For the last couple of months, I've been receiving random BSODs such as:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALDRIVER_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFERSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONAnd so on.I've tried with fresh Window installation, disabling drivers, updating them. I've tried sfc...
  3. Frequent and varied BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent and varied BSODs: For the last couple of months, I've been receiving random BSODs such as:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALDRIVER_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFERSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONAnd so on.I've tried with fresh Window installation, disabling drivers, updating them. I've tried sfc...
  4. Computer keeps crashing. Getting varying BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing. Getting varying BSODs: Hey so I've this computer for a couple years now, and I've been getting pretty frequent crashes lately.It's usually a BSOD, either a DPC watchdog violation, or system thread exception not handled. Although sometimes everything will just lock up and the computer will crash...
  5. Computer keeps crashing. Getting varying BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps crashing. Getting varying BSODs: Hey so I've this computer for a couple years now, and I've been getting pretty frequent crashes lately.It's usually a BSOD, either a DPC watchdog violation, or system thread exception not handled. Although sometimes everything will just lock up and the computer will crash...
  6. Computer keeps crashing. Getting varying BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent (and varied) BSOD's

Frequent (and varied) BSOD's: For a month now, my computer has frequently (At least twice a day) been soft-locking up (IE everything pauses for a couple seconds as I frantically try and do something, and then everything happening at once at the end of it). Just a several hours ago my computer BSOD'ed to...
  8. Varying BSOD Issues after reinstall

Varying BSOD Issues after reinstall: Hi, I reinstalled windows due to issues with bsods happening once a day randomly. I tried using driver verifier to identify any problematic drivers and also reinstalled windows. I've removed what appeared to having problems but now am getting generic system errors instead of...
  9. Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes

Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes: For several days, I have been getting several different codes and I need some help trying to track down the issue. I have uploaded the minidump files to my public Onedrive along with the events from the past month. I don't think all instances are listed as I had to restart...
  10. Varying BSOD's...

Varying BSOD's...: Ok I want to take a moment to say thanks to AXEO for helping me solve my issues! Ok I was experiencing a wide range of blue screen error msg's AKA as BSOD's. IRQL, MEM, READ/write, combined with computer freezing for moment and then speeding up....here is a quick sum up of...