Windows 10: Very high RAM usage all the time w10

Discus and support Very high RAM usage all the time w10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey, so I have read alot of articles about this problem but none of them helped me out. Whenever I try to play a game it gives incredible frame drops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Savitar, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Savitar Win User

Very high RAM usage all the time w10

Hey,
    so I have read alot of articles about this problem but none of them helped me out. Whenever I try to play a game it gives incredible frame drops all the time, making it unplayable.

This is what I did so far (installed ram is 16GB):
    I turned off Superfetch, switched ram from slot 1-3 to slot 2-4, checked for mallware, then deleted everything from pc and did a fresh installation again and nothing worked.

The problem is: I'm currently using 1.3Gb in total of my RAM but somehow it is using up 15Gb/16Gb?
    I can't find any app or service that is using that much RAM.

I'm not a computer expert I only have very basic knowledge so don't really understand the thing about RAM leak.

I'll add some printscreens to show you the problem.

Screenshot - 23ee84350ec0576670f1c4f89fc83431 - Gyazo - Total ram usage of everything active ATM(but something not displayed uses 14Gb?)

Screenshot - 780ee3796d02b65e2e149c704a7b37d5 - Gyazo - In use : 14.9 Gb Available : 1 Gb

Assigned: 16.0 / 24.4 Gb (only installed 16GB ram where does the 24.4Gb come from?)

Screenshot - 7743387676bd911ab17366f1f98c7468 - Gyazo - All active processes

:)

Savitar, Jan 2, 2018

2. My cpu and ram usage is very high!

Sometimes my cpu and ram usage goes very high.

System(ntoskml.exe) and svhost(netvcs) use high ram.Once it reach 950 mb of my total 2gb ram.It has become difficult to use my pc (it is already old).Please Help me to prevent this high usage

Windows10xl, Jan 2, 2018
  3. Gracjan D Win User
    Windows 10 - wuauserv - high cpu for severals hours a day

I am on W10 from long time - not trying to update to w10.

This high CPU usage appears from few days.

I can't stop this service.

It start working some time after boot.

Gracjan D, Jan 2, 2018
  4. Very high RAM usage all the time w10

Please post a screenshot of the Use Counts tab in RAMMap - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs . Are you running any disk caching utilities (like Samsung Rapid) or virtual machines?

Your committed byte count (24.4GB) can be higher than your physical memory size because of paging, where some memory pages are stored in the pagefile on your hard drive.

PolarNettles, Jan 2, 2018
  5. Savitar Win User
    Savitar, Jan 4, 2018
  6. Thanks. There's very high non-paged pool usage - this was also in your original screenshot (neit-wisselbare pool) but I missed it.

That usually points to a driver problem. Did this start happening after you installed some new device or driver? Does it start growing when you start playing a game or does it start growing right when you boot?

PolarNettles, Jan 4, 2018
  7. Savitar Win User
    Most of the times it gets worse over time (when PC is running a couple of hours) , it happend a few times right after reboot to.

But it all started very suddenly: my pc was fine and then suddenly the next day it started with massive frame drops and got very laggy.
    Can't remember if it was due a driver update tough. Was thinking that my GPU or HDD was broken or something.

Savitar, Jan 5, 2018
  8. Very high RAM usage all the time w10

Make sure all your drivers are up to date. If that doesn't help then you can do the following.

1. Download and install WDK - https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=859232 . It's about 800MB - if you don't want to do that then PM me and I can just send you the poolmon.exe tool.
    2. Run poolmon.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\x64
    3. Press "p" until only "Nonp" lines are shown. Press "b" to sort by size.

Very high RAM usage all the time w10 [​IMG]

4. See what are the top Tags. In the example above "ismc" is the top user of the non-paged pool with ~134MB.
    5. Open an admin CMD/Powershell, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers, and run: findstr /m /s /l ismc *.sys (replace "ismc" with your top tag).

6. The drivers listed are the likely owners of the "ismc" tag. In this case it's the Intel storage drivers.

PolarNettles, Jan 6, 2018
  9. Savitar Win User
    Hey thanks alot already for helping me out!

I did what you said, and found that the problem seems to be with a driver called " netio.sys " , it uses atm around 2Gb of my non-paged pool.

I tried to google what to do about it but can't find a good enough explained answer to solve it :/. What would you do?

Savitar, Jan 10, 2018
  10. PolarNettles, Jan 10, 2018
  11. Savitar Win User
    Allright got the log:

DESKTOP-P72SJK9-do_11-01-2018_160302,92.zip

Savitar, Jan 10, 2018
  12. Well you have one of those Killer NICs that I commonly see associated with this issue. Please install the latest drivers from Killer Driver Suite

Your system:
    KillerEth ... 14-9-2016 22:52:26 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\e2xw10x64.sys

Latest driver:

PolarNettles, Jan 10, 2018
  13. zbook New Member

The logs are in a foreign language and cannot be scanned or read.
    Please change the default language to English and re-post the zip for troubleshooting:
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

Bugcheck C2 is a bad pool caller.
    There were no mini dumps in the logs.
    So dump creation or dump cleaning need to be checked.

Code: 11-1-2018 13:58 Windows Error Reporting Foutbucket , type 0 Naam van gebeurtenis: BlueScreen Antwoord: Niet beschikbaar Id van CAB-bestand: 0 Handtekening van probleem: P1: c2 P2: 7 P3: 0 P4: 0 P5: ffffe2019834c260 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Toegevoegde bestanden: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011118-35031-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-41578-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER133B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER14F0.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER153F.tmp.txt Deze bestanden zijn mogelijk hier beschikbaar: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_c2_a147455483ed5fe1b3ff090d9dc91682aab46_00000000_02f7156d Analysesymbool: Opnieuw zoeken naar oplossing: 0 Rapport-id: f789e80e-986b-404e-986f-f43fcd19bbd1 Rapportstatus: 4 Opgedeelde bucket:11-1-2018 13:59 Windows Error Reporting Foutbucket , type 0 Naam van gebeurtenis: BlueScreen Antwoord: Niet beschikbaar Id van CAB-bestand: 0 Handtekening van probleem: P1: c2 P2: 7 P3: 0 P4: 0 P5: ffffe2019834c260 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Toegevoegde bestanden: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011118-35031-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-41578-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER133B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER14F0.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER153F.tmp.txt Deze bestanden zijn mogelijk hier beschikbaar: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_c2_a147455483ed5fe1b3ff090d9dc91682aab46_00000000_cab_22a79c60 Analysesymbool: Opnieuw zoeken naar oplossing: 0 Rapport-id: f789e80e-986b-404e-986f-f43fcd19bbd1 Rapportstatus: 2049 Opgedeelde bucket:[/quote]

zbook, Jan 11, 2018
  14. Savitar Win User
    Hey, I updated the driver and my non-paged pool is down to 140Mb *Biggrin! I've let it run for a few days, played some games and could get the graphics on "Very high" again without getting massive frame drops.

Seems to have fixed the problem, you are my hero forever thanks alot! *Smile

PS: how did you know it was that driver causing the problem? (For in the future)

Savitar, Jan 12, 2018
  15. netio.sys is part of the Windows network stack. But it's fairly high up in the stack so I wouldn't expect it to use much non-paged memory for itself. So that points to some other network driver that is interacting with netio.sys.

From Google searches for "non-paged memory leak" I see a number of people complaning about this issue with Killer NICs.

PolarNettles, Jan 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Very high RAM usage all the time w10 - Similar Threads - Very high RAM

2. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  3. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  4. High CPU Usage at all times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage at all times: I have at least 60% CPU usage always. When I check in processes, I see that Discord is using 40% of cpu, so I went to try and fix that. Nothing worked. But the problem is that even when Discord isn't running, I still have problems with my cpu usage. If I dont use Discord,...
  5. High usage in RAM

High usage in RAM: Hello sir/ma'am, From last 10 days, I am facing the issue regarding RAM deficiency. Inspite of having 12Gi RAM in my Laptop, it uses 10.2Gi RAM. It is the case when after restarting my Laptop, when even not a single process is running. Why so ?? Please help me to resolve the...
  6. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  7. Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage: Recently my computer has basically become unusable. It is extremely slow. I looked at the task manager and saw that my PC is using 98% of its RAM, this is at the desktop where I am literally doing nothing and seems to happen every time I turn my PC on. As far as I am aware,...
  8. Very high RAM usage with no apps running

Very high RAM usage with no apps running: Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 70% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart, the RAM usage drops at 30%. I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 Version 2004 installed. This...
  9. Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10

Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10: Been like this for a few weeks now. Before then, everything was fine. disk usage up to 100% and ram high when playing Minecraft even... unplayable. Sure there's no malware and my hdd seems to be healthy. Thinking of buying an ssd. I have 8gb DDR4 ram, GTX 1060 3gb, Ryzen 5...
  10. My ram and cpu usage is very high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My ram and cpu usage is very high: Hey guys my cpu and ram usage is pretty high when im not even doing anything. Screenshot its on swedish but next to CPU is Memory. i found something called poolmon in windows kits where i could see if there was a driver that was using all the cpu and ram but i cant...