Windows 10: Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge

Discus and support Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Several months ago, my laptop stopped playing videos, whether they be YouTube, or even news videos. Only does this using MS Edge.. Chrome plays them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by frustrated, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge

Several months ago, my laptop stopped playing videos, whether they be YouTube, or even news videos. Only does this using MS Edge.. Chrome plays them fine. Saw a similar issue, and it said to solve change Rendering to Software rather than GPU Rendering. I changed it, restarted and same issue. If I attempt to bring up a you tube video, the window shows the video, with the little running clock in the middle of the window, but video actually stays black as if it never started to actually load. Usually have bar on bottom of widow that shows progress of the download, and it never moves. Any other ideas?

:)

frustrated, Apr 8, 2017

2. Can't see videos on Facebook since my upgrade to Windows 10

No, I'm on Microsoft Edge right now and FB still won't play videos. YouTube also won't play videos on Chrome or Edge.

DenitaArnold_800, Apr 8, 2017
  3. rabrill57 Win User
    no video playback

Videos won't play on Microsoft edge (any website). Have sound. Videos play fine on chrome and firefox. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks

rabrill57, Apr 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge

1. Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge - Similar Threads - Videos Won't Play

2. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  3. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  4. Edge won't play CBS.com videos

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't play CBS.com videos: Have uBlock Origin installed on Brave, Opera and Edge. They all play CBS videos except for Edge. In fact, commercials pop up in Edge but never shows videos. - - - - - Windows 10 Pro 170676
  5. Browsers Won't Play Video

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Won't Play Video: A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge. Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute...
  6. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  7. Video in windows 10 won't play

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video in windows 10 won't play: Running windows 10, a few days ago local videos stopped working. I have at this point reinstalled my chipset/amd 4in1 drivers, video drivers, the K-Lite Codec pack and VLC. I have tried WITHOUT the K-Lite pack at all, I have tried OTHER players beside VLC including the player...
  8. Video file won't play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video file won't play: Hello all, I recently transferred some video files from a jump drive. 4 of 5 are working perfectly however, one video will not play. Attached is a screenshot of the files. The one that will not play is showing an MPEG image instead if the preview picture. All files are mp4...
  9. Video's won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575
  10. Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge: Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make sure my adobe player is on in advanced settings. Anyone have the same problem? This only started happening in the past few...