Windows 10: View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

Discus and support View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; At least you can manually download and install the 32-bit KB4043961 though. Cumulative Update KB4043961 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.19 - Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Bree New Member

Yes, I tried that to see if it made a difference.

On the x86 16299.15 Pro, I ticked the box, checked for updates and got the message to show. Then I installed the offline KB4043961 and successfully updated to 16299.19. The message still showed and remained there, even after checking for updates.

Unticked the box, deleted the key, checked for updates and removed the message. Restarted and tested again - ticking the box brings back the message.

Maybe KB4043961 is only a partial fix, then. Seems OK in x64 Home, but not in x86 Pro. Can't tell if that's because of x86 vs. x64 or Home vs. Pro as I don't have the other permutations test it on.

Or maybe its not a fix at all and Home doesn't (visibly) suffer from this bug.

I'm out of testing options now *Smile

Time to restore my test machine's image of 16299.15 and wait to see if MS fix the x86 update 'blind-spot'...
    (aren't system images wonderful *Smile)

Edit:
    Well.... I suppose I could uninstall KB4043961 on the x64 Home....

Nah... it's my main machine and I don't want to risk breaking it. Takes a long time to restore that one's system image (it's much bigger) and then there's all the more recent user files to restore from backups....

No! I value my sanity too much!

3. Bree New Member
    Seems I owe Microsoft a big apology - it's not their 'blind spot', it was mine. *Redface

I had occasion on another thread to restore my test machine's 1607 image to try upgrading 1607 to 1709. It worked (as I expected) but was surprised to see that when I checked for updates it found the x86 KB4043961 without a problem. Thinking MS had fixed something, I restored my 1709 image that couldn't see KB4043961 and checked for updates again - found nothing but a Defender definition.

So I went into Update's Advanced settings and changed every one of them (except of course that proxy setting with the known bug) then put them back as they were, I even paused then resumed updates. Must have been something out of step in my registry before, because it's now found and installed the 32-bit KB4043961. *Party

(now I'll have to update that system image)

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

This is what I have for that key:

Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX] "IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings] "ActiveHoursEnd"=dword:00000011 "ActiveHoursStart"=dword:00000008 "AllowAutoWindowsUpdateDownloadOverMeteredNetwork"=dword:00000000 "BranchReadinessLevel"=dword:00000010 "DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodInDays"=dword:00000000 "DeferQualityUpdatesPeriodInDays"=dword:00000000 "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000000 "FlightCommitted"=dword:00000000 "UxOption"=dword:00000000 "LastToastAction"=dword:00000071 "RestartNotificationsAllowed"=dword:00000001 "FlightSettingsMaxPauseDays"=dword:00000007 "AutoRebootLimitInDays"=dword:00000002 "SnoozeRebootHours"=dword:00000030 "InsiderProgramEnabled"=dword:00000001[/quote]

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
  5. coukou Win User
    Hello,
    I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1709 x64.
    it's been several days since I tried to get rid of the message Some settings are managed by your organization without success *Banghead Is there any known issue?

Also, is possible to configure updates like Win7 "Notify before Downloading and Installing Updates", then check the wanted update to be downloaded and installed?

Regards

coukou, Apr 25, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 25, 2018
  7. coukou Win User
    TNX for yr reply Brink *Wink
    As you can see in the image bellow, the View configured update policies doesn't show/give any setting.

BTW here bellow also my 2 WindowsUpdate Policies Settings register files
    Regards

WindowsUpateAU.reg

WinUpdateUX-Settings.reg

View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 [​IMG]

coukou, Apr 25, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're .reg files indicate that you do have group policies configured for Windows Update, and would be why you see the Some settings are managed by your organization message.

If you don't want these policies, you could use the tutorial below to reset Windows Update. It includes resetting all Windows Update policies back to default (Not Configured) as well.

*Arrow Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Apr 25, 2018
  9. coukou Win User
    coukou, Apr 26, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Does View configured update policies still show any configured policies?

If not and Windows Update is working properly, then I wouldn't worry about it and would recommend to wait until the new Windows 10 is released on April 30th to see if that will clear it for you.

Brink, Apr 26, 2018
  11. coukou Win User
    Maybe i've to suppress the reg
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]
    isn't it? If so, I'll suppress it on sunday and let you know further *Wink

coukou, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

1. View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Configured Update

2. How to view Configured Windows Update Policies applied to your computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to view Configured Windows Update Policies applied to your computer: [ATTACH]If you have Windows 11/10 Pro or Enterprise edition, you may see the “Some settings are managed by your organization” message on the Windows Update page. Windows displays this message when your organization has configured some Windows Update Policies. If you have a...
  3. Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter: PersonalCan you help me?I would like to know the possibility of deploying patches on windows 2019 datacenter machines, but I would like it not to restart. Do you know if there is a GPO?...
  4. Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter: PersonalCan you help me?I would like to know the possibility of deploying patches on windows 2019 datacenter machines, but I would like it not to restart. Do you know if there is a GPO?...
  5. Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. WSUS policy configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSUS policy configuration: Hello guys... I have a scenario where all the devices from a domain abcde.com are failing when trying to execute the "Check for Updates" button. I reviewed the WindowsUpdate.log and i discover that the device is pointing to a server http://172.16.15.17:8530 , so i verified...
  7. How to deploy Features Updates configured with Safeguard Group Policies in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to deploy Features Updates configured with Safeguard Group Policies in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By defining the DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodinDays setting value in Windows 10, users can defer Windows Feature […] This article How to deploy Features Updates configured with Safeguard Group Policies in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Configured update policies all of a sudden on Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configured update policies all of a sudden on Windows 10 2004: All of a sudden when going into Windows Update settings, it says update policies are in place as shown below. [ATTACH] Problem is we didn't implement update policies. It just started showing up on its own. The policies are preventing automatic updates. Its only...
  9. Need help with configured update policies.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with configured update policies.: So, I was logging into Microsoft 365 and I guess I ended up letting it take control of my policies, I am not to sure why I clicked it, but I did, dumb move on my part. After doing this it updated automatically without any notification. When I go to update and security it says...
  10. Configure Update Policies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configure Update Policies: Windows Update displays this message *Some settings are managed by your organisation View configured update policies I have Windows 10 Home & am not enrolled in Windows Insider Programme Policies set by : Mobile Device Management - and these links to info...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flightcommitted

2. view configured update policies on this pc