Windows 10: View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

Discus and support View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 How to View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 When you see red (light theme) or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

How to: View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

How to View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

When you see red (light theme) or yellow (dark theme) "Some settings are managed by your organization" text displayed on Windows Update, it typically means a policy has been configured for Windows Update.

This tutorial will show you how to view configured update policies when you see Some settings are managed by your organization on Windows Update in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on the View configured update policies link under the Some settings are managed by your organization text at the top on the right side. (see screenshot below)

View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. You will now see a list of Policies set on your device that affect Windows Update. (see screenshot below)

*tip You can also check to see applied group policies to be able to edit the policies if needed.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Oct 21, 2017
  2. srinuanu Win User

"Some settings are managed by your organization"

view configured update policies

srinuanu, Oct 21, 2017
  3. theking2 Win User
    System instability after OS update KB3105211

The best thing to counteract this is to disable updates in Windows 10.

Open gpedit.msc

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Expand Computer Configuration.

Right-click Administrative Templates, and then click Add/Remove Templates.

Click Add, click Wuau.admin the Windows\Inf folder, and then click Open.

Click Close.

Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Update.

The Configure Automatic Updatespolicy appears. This policy specifies whether the computer receives security updates and other important downloads through the Windows Automatic Updates feature. The settings for this policy let you specify if automatic updates
    are enabled on the computer. If the service is enabled, you must select one of the three configuration options.

To view the policy settings, double-click the Configure Automatic Updatespolicy.

To turn on Automatic Updates, click Enabled or to turn off select Disabled

hope this helps

theking2, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

I just got rid of that today by finally doing a repair install, you probably already know that from the other tutorial though(defer features).

Cliff S, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Oh yes. It's gotta be a bug to have to do a repair install to remove the text.

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Your tutorial's Option Two identified the key involved. Thanks *Smile
    Allow Automatic Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10

I have found the easy way to remove Some settings are managed by your organization

On my test machine I have a system image of Windows 10 Pro taken immediately after the upgrade from 1703 to 1709. Using Regedit I exported HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to a 'Before' text file, clicked the policy box to 'allow updates over metered connections', refreshed Regedit and exported again to an 'After' text file. After a few minutes the 'some settings are managed by your organisation' message appeared in Setting's update page.

Comparing the before/after files confirmed that the REG_DWORD
    AllowAutoWindowsUpdateDownloadOverMeteredNetwork
    in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings
    did not exist before and had been created with the value 0x1 after.

Next, leaving the box ticked in Settings, I deleted this REG_DWORD and restarted. At first, I still had the 'some settings are managed...' message on the Settings > Windows Update page. After a couple of minutes it spontaneously said 'checking for updates...'. When it came back with 'Your device is up to date' the 'some settings are managed...' message disappeared. Strangely, the policy box in Advanced options still showed as ticked. Another restart and the box was still ticked (how does that even work?).

Now I'm confused - is the policy on or off? Do updates download over a metered connection or not?

I unticked the box - I refreshed Regedit - the key reappeared with the value 0x0. A check for updates brought the '...managed ...' message back.

So, the way to remove the Some settings are managed by your organization message is to:

1. untick the policy box first

2. delete AllowAutoWindowsUpdateDownloadOverMeteredNetwork in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings

3. check for updates.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Bree,

I got the message when I enabled the policy while testing, but it won't go away even after setting the policy back to the default "Not Configured" that deletes the DWORD in the registry. The message remains even after restarting the PC.

It's gotta be a bug. *Confused

Interesting that "Check for Updates" removes it. I've updated the other tutorial to add this.

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Were you using Group Policy Editor, or just ticking the policy box in the Windows Update Advanced options? My tests were done only using the Settings app. Perhaps the group policy affects other keys besides the one in ...\UX\Settings.

Agreed it must be a bug, else how could the box remain ticked after deleting the key?

The fix I found will at least help Home users. They don't have gpedit, but they DO have the policy tick-box. This screenshot is from my Windows 10 Home 1709 system.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I tested both in build 17017.

I never got a message with the tick box, only with group policy.

I have .reg files in the other tutorial to help the Home users.

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Not quite, they only set it to 1 or 0, you have to delete it to remove the 'some settings...' message.

11. Bree New Member
    That sounds more like correct behaviour, you'd expect a group policy to show a message (although it should disappear again if the polcy is 'unconfigured'). The bug is that in 16299.19 the tick box triggers the message appearing.

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The message wouldn't go away for me either even when group policy was set back to "Not configured" in build 17017 until "Check for updates".

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

So it did disappear eventually, good. 'Check for updates' seems to be the key then.

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, it's the key to refresh it.

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    No, now I know how to remove it I plucked up the courage to tick the box on my main machine running Home 16299.19 (x64). The message doesn't appear. It DOES appear in Pro 16299.15 (x86) when you tick the box and check for updates.

For some reason best known to Microsoft, a 32-bit machine still doesn't see the 32-bit version of KB4043961 when checking for updates. All other updates, yes - just not the one for 16299.19 *Banghead

Thema:

1. View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Configured Update

2. How to view Configured Windows Update Policies applied to your computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to view Configured Windows Update Policies applied to your computer: [ATTACH]If you have Windows 11/10 Pro or Enterprise edition, you may see the “Some settings are managed by your organization” message on the Windows Update page. Windows displays this message when your organization has configured some Windows Update Policies. If you have a...
  3. Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter: PersonalCan you help me?I would like to know the possibility of deploying patches on windows 2019 datacenter machines, but I would like it not to restart. Do you know if there is a GPO?...
  4. Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter: PersonalCan you help me?I would like to know the possibility of deploying patches on windows 2019 datacenter machines, but I would like it not to restart. Do you know if there is a GPO?...
  5. Group Policy to configure Windows Update Windows 2019 datacenter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. WSUS policy configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSUS policy configuration: Hello guys... I have a scenario where all the devices from a domain abcde.com are failing when trying to execute the "Check for Updates" button. I reviewed the WindowsUpdate.log and i discover that the device is pointing to a server http://172.16.15.17:8530 , so i verified...
  7. How to deploy Features Updates configured with Safeguard Group Policies in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to deploy Features Updates configured with Safeguard Group Policies in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By defining the DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodinDays setting value in Windows 10, users can defer Windows Feature […] This article How to deploy Features Updates configured with Safeguard Group Policies in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Configured update policies all of a sudden on Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configured update policies all of a sudden on Windows 10 2004: All of a sudden when going into Windows Update settings, it says update policies are in place as shown below. [ATTACH] Problem is we didn't implement update policies. It just started showing up on its own. The policies are preventing automatic updates. Its only...
  9. Need help with configured update policies.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with configured update policies.: So, I was logging into Microsoft 365 and I guess I ended up letting it take control of my policies, I am not to sure why I clicked it, but I did, dumb move on my part. After doing this it updated automatically without any notification. When I go to update and security it says...
  10. Configure Update Policies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configure Update Policies: Windows Update displays this message *Some settings are managed by your organisation View configured update policies I have Windows 10 Home & am not enrolled in Windows Insider Programme Policies set by : Mobile Device Management - and these links to info...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 view configured update policies

2. Some settings are managed by your organization view configured update policies

3. view configured update policies

4. View configured update polcies,
  5. where to see configured update polices windows update,
  6. windows 10 machine view configured update policies appearing,
  7. How to remove configured update policies,
  8. windows update configured update policies,
  9. configure update policies for windows 10,
  10. windows 10 update policies,
  11. view configured update policies windows 10