Windows 10: View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary

Discus and support View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary 30-JULY-2016 Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders: This is an open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kari, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Kari Win User

View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary

Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary 30-JULY-2016

Fellow geeks, Ten Forums & Windows 10 enthusiasts and Insiders:

This is an open invitation to TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary on Saturday 30th of July 2016.

Windows 10 will have its first Anniversary on Friday 29th, the free upgrade offer for Windows 7 & 8.1 users will end for all users at the same time when the last parts of the world switch to Saturday. Countdown to end of the free upgrade:

[ug][/ug]

To celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Windows 10 we'll meet online to talk about Windows 10, the coming Anniversary Update, anything and everything about and around Windows 10 (and, judging by the previous TF Live Chats, a lot of off topic conversations will occur *Wink).

Come and meet your fellow TF members and Windows Insiders!

View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary [​IMG]
    Information TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary will be held in three parts. Part 1 should allow the members from Asia and Oceania to participate, Part 2 should be OK for the European, Middle Eastern and African members and the Part 3 for our American members.

You can of course participate in all three sessions and select multiple answers in the poll above if you so wish, it's just that spreading the chat throughout the day like this, the more members and guests alike all around the globe have a realistic possibility to be there.

The TF Live Chat will be recorded, remember it when participating in chat, showing webcam or presenting your desktop. Extracts of recording will be posted on Ten Forums.

• TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary, Part 1
      • Start 11:00 (11 AM) UTC
      • End 13:00 (1 PM) UTC
      • Part 1 Start & End times in your local time zone: Part 1 Start & End
      • Countdown to the start of the Part 1: Part 1 Countdown

• TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary, Part 2

• TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary, Part 3
    The chat will be online 30 minutes before the start time of each part for you to test the connection and join, and will remain online as long as there are attendees, at least two hours.

A link to each live chat session will be posted here in this thread 30 minutes before the start of each part. The TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary is a group video meeting but to participate with audio and webcam video is optional; if you so decide, you can just listen and participate with text chat.

See this tutorial for instructions in joining the live chat using the Lync Windows App as a guest if joining from Windows 8 or later: Lync App - Join an Online Meeting as Guest - Windows 10 Forums

If you will join using Windows 7 or older or any other OS or do not want to install the Lync App, see this Microsoft support article for instructions in joining using the Skype for Business Web App: Join a Skype Meeting with Skype for Business Web App

Notice that whichever of the above mentioned methods you use to join the chat, you will not need any Ten Forums, Skype, Skype for Business, email or MS Account. Simply select a screen name for you and join as a guest. It would be nice if everyone would use their forums username.

You can of course join using Skype for Business app if you have an organisational Skype for Business Account. Please remember that in that case your personal information will be available for and seen by all participants. I recommend to at least disable your contact card showing the phone numbers. As far as I know there's no way to disable showing your account name, avatar and email address when joining with your Skype for Business account.

Note Please, if you read this post, be active enough to answer the poll!

Tip All TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary participants can share their desktop and show whatever their want to live. If you have a neat Windows 10 trick, tip, workaround or anything else you would like to show to your fellow members, please send me a PM about it latest by Friday evening (July 29th) and we'll make it happen.

See you geeks on Saturday the 30th! Please post all your questions, ideas and such about the Live Chat in this thread.

:)

2. having trouble with apps and windows live ID

since Saturday i havent been able to use my facebook chat. the msg that comes up says "cant connect to IM" I can go on facebook and i can do everything else except chat.

since saturday I haven't been able to tweet. the msg that comes up says "we're having trouble posting"

since Saturday I haven't been able to download games from marketplace. the msg that comes up says "windows live ID service is unavailable"

I have called Tmobile they said they did all they could do and that I had to contact Microsoft next.

Please Help

DominiqueHarrison, Jul 25, 2016
  3. IshaiH Win User
    Does windiff exec available in windows 10 64 bit?

Hi Rakesh,

You should really check back on this answer and probably delete it as it has nothing to do with the question. It seemed you did a quick Bing search, which is why you got a bad answer, and posted it here without understanding what it refers to.

The method of comparing folder you linked is a feature of Visual Studio's TFS source control. It requires the VERY heavy installation of Visual Studio as well as setting up a TFS source control so you can compare a local working folder with a different local
    working folder or the folder on the TFS server.

It's really not the right solution for the question and it lives on in search results.

A better answer would be how to get WinDiff on your windows 10 or something about using WinMerge (both are tools that also are related to dealing with source code but are small standalone tools)

IshaiH, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

This video I made for the launch a year ago. Difficult to believe it's a year already!

[youtube]ypRDe7tgKDU[/youtube]

5. Cliff S New Member
    How'd you do the countdown, that's what I wanna know.
    I'll try to make all 3.

Cliff S, Jul 26, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    See you on Saturday Cliff *Smile

7. cereberus Win User
    For clarity - 4 pm UTC (GMT In UK) means 5 pm daylight saving time (BST in UK) doesn't it?

cereberus, Jul 26, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Why I love Bing*Smile

Cliff S, Jul 26, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - was being lazy View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary :).

cereberus, Jul 26, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
    Yes. British normal time is UTC, British Summer Time (BST) is UTC +1. If you were referring to Part 2 of the TF Live Chat, it starts at 17:00 (5 PM) BST.

11. Laith Win User
    I will make sure to come to this one!

Laith, Jul 27, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    Long time no see Laith! Nice to see you again on Saturday *Smile

13. Kari Win User

BTW geeks, Part 3 of the TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary will include a live presentation of Macrium viBoot, a new free application from Macrium Software which let's you mount Macrium Reflect system images in Hyper-V to service, edit, update and upgrade them. The presentation will start 30 minutes after the start of Part 3 (see first post for start time in your time zone) and will last about 10 to 15 minutes.

More about Macrium viBoot: Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image - Windows 10 Forums

14. linw Win User
    I've installed Lync but can't see how to test my mic with it.

15. Kari Win User
    That's why the chat will be online half an hour before official start of each part. There will be some geeks online to let you test and get feedback.

Rule of thumb: if your mic works with Skype or any other similar app, it works with Lync.

Thema:

1. View Poll Results: TF Saturday Live Chat: The Anniversary - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?: How many of you uses the hidden admin as daily use? 148876
  3. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  4. View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?: [img] Here's a fragment of a Windows 10 Windows update log - generated in Powershell by the Get-WindowsUpdateLog, and the full file zipped as an attatchment. It can take several minutes to process on a slower machine, and the repeated (sometimes once, sometimes twice)...
  5. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  6. TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016

in Windows 10 Support
    TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016: Welcome to TF Saturday Live Chat Come and meet your fellow Ten Forums members, Windows Insiders and enthusiasts: next TF Saturday Live Chat will be on Saturday 3rd of September 2016. [img] Information TF Saturday Live Chat will be held in three parts to allow as...
  7. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  8. View Poll Results: Install / update choices

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Install / update choices: As far as when you'll update to Windows 10, what category do you belong? Early adopter (asap), Early majority (wait a while), or Late majority (wait for the first 'major' update) Will you sign-in with a MS account or a local account? Does your machine meet the...
  9. Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special: By the way, if anyone is interested, after installing the Skype for Business Plug-in, it resides in: C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\SkypeForBusinessPlugin\16.2.0.232 And in Programs/Apps it's called Skype Meeting App. So if you wish to uninstall it later,...
  10. View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?: Without going into a rant about how buggy v1709 had been, I just decided I had to roll back and install 1703. I decided to defer the upgrade to a year. Don't care, I will not install 1709 until they fix some of the issues I had been facing. So my question is and this...