Windows 10: Viewing jpg pictures

Discus and support Viewing jpg pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New W10. In W7 I would simply click on a picture to enlarge it. Some of mine are cartoon drawings with the punch line or caption running along the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by convul, Mar 22, 2017.

1. convul Win User

Viewing jpg pictures

New W10.
    In W7 I would simply click on a picture to enlarge it. Some of mine are cartoon drawings with the punch line or caption running along the bottom. Just one left click was needed to view the whole thing.
    Can such a simple procedure be found in W10?

When I click on a picture in W10 I get a black bar running along part of the bottom, which obliterates the caption. The bar carries two arrows, a waste bin and something that I can't identify.
    Can this intruding bar be moved away?

Start/photos comes up with a variety of photos selected at random. My pictures are not in albums but are spread in various files all over Documents.What use might I have for this 'Photos'?
    Thanks

:)

convul, Mar 22, 2017
  2. YvesB Win User

Cannot view all pictures using Photos in Win 10

Hi,

I have the most incomprehensible problem trying to view some pictures using Photos in Win 10:

I have my pictures saved in the following manner under the same root: Pictures/Slides; (/Pictures/Slides/1974; Pictures/Slides/1975; Pictures/Slides/1976; … /1990).

The root folder Pictures/Slides and subfolders (1974; 1975; … 1990) are shared and visible on my other PCs on my home network and all my pictures are viewable on the PC where they are stored.

On the other PCs, I can view all the FILE
    DETAILS (ex. 74-Jan1.jpg; 74-Jan2.jpg; … 74-Jan50.jpg) in the folders Pictures/Slides/1974 up to Pictures/Slides/1990. However, despite I can see the FILE DETAILS (76-Jan1.jpg; 76-Jan2jpg; … 76-Jan50.jpg) in the folder Pictures/Slides/1976, I can't view
    them neither using large icons nor using Windows Photos when I double click on a file. I get a message indicating I don't have the "permission" to access them.

If I can view these pictures files details or list using DETAILS or LIST in File Explorer why can't I view them when I double click them and why can I view my pictures in folder 1974 and 1975 only.

Thanks,

YvesB, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Bazsir Win User
    Bazsir, Mar 22, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Viewing jpg pictures

Brink, Mar 22, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Yes. Windows 10 still includes the Photo Viewer that you are familiar with from Windows 7.
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

6. convul Win User
    Thanks, just what I needed
    Medals all round!

convul, Mar 23, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help.

*Thumbs

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Viewing jpg pictures

1. Viewing jpg pictures - Similar Threads - Viewing jpg pictures

2. show my pictures as jpg?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show my pictures as jpg?: how to show my pictures in jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-my-pictures-as-jpg/bcd4bde2-633d-42e8-a936-debd2fe88b76
  3. show my pictures as jpg?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    show my pictures as jpg?: how to show my pictures in jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-my-pictures-as-jpg/bcd4bde2-633d-42e8-a936-debd2fe88b76
  4. Can't save picture as JPG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save picture as JPG: So when I try to save a picture from the internet it should normally say save as JPG but it just tells me to save as the file type All Files. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-picture-as-jpg/97ea19b8-2351-4f4f-bedf-675f277aebcc
  5. Can't save picture as JPG

Can't save picture as JPG: So when I try to save a picture from the internet it should normally say save as JPG but it just tells me to save as the file type All Files. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-picture-as-jpg/97ea19b8-2351-4f4f-bedf-675f277aebcc
  6. .jpg unable to view

.jpg unable to view: A few months ago when I was trying to look at some old pics that I have saved on my computer decided not to work. The icon changed and when I click on it, it will open but has an error telling me it can't open this file. I have changed the default app viewer and that did not...
  7. .jpg file pictures corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jpg file pictures corrupt: Some of my pictures are corrupt. I can't see the pictures. The error message tells me that the .jpg is not supported. This is only happening with one file folder. Anyway to fix it?...
  8. Picture jpg views as icons

Picture jpg views as icons: When I moved my picture files to a new computer, the views were all changed and mixed, and I can't change them all to actual picture icons as I had before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-jpg-views-as-icons/9af10df9-aee3-4a29-9b4e-95c19d6b64d1"
  9. View pictures

View pictures: How come there is'nt a standard program installed for the simple task of viewing a god damn picture in the even more stupid windows 10? Please explain the motivation behind that....
  10. Viewing pictures

Viewing pictures: I have an ACDsee picture viewer that I like to use, but everytime I click on a picture the windows photo viewer shows the picture, how can I stop this and view my picture in ACDsee 25875