Windows 10: Virus deleted everything and wont let me reset or go into windows 10

Discus and support Virus deleted everything and wont let me reset or go into windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded a .exe and ran it and it almost instantly deleted everything off my desktop and put me in my boot up screen saying repairing... or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gg_712, Mar 31, 2020.

1. gg_712 Win User

Virus deleted everything and wont let me reset or go into windows 10

I downloaded a .exe and ran it and it almost instantly deleted everything off my desktop and put me in my boot up screen saying repairing... or something like that and diagnosing and I cant go into windows 10, reset my computer or restart from system recovery. I also checked in cmd with "attrib" the files on my drives C: , D: and X: and there were only a couple for C: and D: all windows files I think, also I couldn't delete them or remove read only from them and a bunch of windows dlls and other stuff on X: , and I am currently downloading windows 10 on a usb so I can try to reinstall and then format my drives.

C: is my SSD

and D: is my SSHD Hybrid Drive

:)

gg_712, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Virus deleted everything and wont let me reset or go into windows 10 - Similar Threads - Virus deleted everything

2. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  3. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  4. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  5. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  6. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything: Hello all, I have been in an issue lately where random files left and right were having huge issues and sometimes basic actions is confronted with an error that would still occur even after troubleshooting. What I decided would be the best is just a full restart to have a...
  8. it wont let me reset my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it wont let me reset my pc: im kinda new to this pc thing but recently i got a virus when i installed this app and now people are telling me to reset my computer but now its saying insert your windows installation or recovery media....
  9. Virus wont let me boot or do anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus wont let me boot or do anything: So i accidentaly installed a virus on my laptop then I ran both AVG and Avast to check for virus in the computer it said that all threats had been removed, then i reboot my laptop and it froze while booting so i ran the Windows Resoution and i checked the disk at cmd now...
  10. Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont let me do anything due to a virus: Hello, I had recently gone to install a game on my laptop but accidentally clicked on an ad instead and downloaded a virus called "Word Web". I tried deleting it off my hard drive but it still kept showing up. One day I booted up my laptop and found that it had started...