Windows 10: VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10

Discus and support VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The VLC media player is often described as being the most versatile media player. While the UX (user experience – usability, accessibility) is good,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 5, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10

The VLC media player is often described as being the most versatile media player. While the UX (user experience – usability, accessibility) is good, the UI (user interface for interaction) is not modern enough as per the latest standards of Windows 10.

If you belong to the group of people who are not happy with the current appearance, VLC has some really good news for users of its media player.

At Fosdem 2019 event, VLC’s developer Jean-Baptiste Kempf revealed that the open-source media player could be getting a whole user interface improvements on Windows 10, GNOME, KDE Plasma.

In the video session, VLC’s developer said that the interface of Windows 10 has changed a lot but the media player’s UI has not changed in the past several years. While the UX is good, he says that users have been complaining about the UI which is too old at this point and fails to match the current standards.

VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10 VLC-slides.jpg

In near future, you can expect VLC to go modern but the core UX (placements of the elements) will remain unchanged. It’s likely that the company will update the elements and components with a more modern finish to match the current standards.

You can expect modern features, transparency, improved controls and more in VLC 4.0 for Windows.

Media Library

VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10 VLC-changelog.jpg

VLC is also planning to bring the Media Libary which is already available on Android to the desktop. VLC’s media library is supposed to scan for all the media content on your PC and display the discovered video files in a grid-based dashboard. The feature will also group the content in a certain order. Media library will be an optional feature and users will be allowed to get rid of it.

VLC 4.0 will also introduce support for 3D and VR (Windows Media Reality, Vice, Oculus, PSVR).

VLC is also working on the following features:

• Wayland actually working.
    • UPnP Rendering, AirPlay output, like ChromeCast.
    • HEIF, Dash/Webm, TTML images, AV1 encoding, WebVTT.
    • SDI as stream output.
    • SMBv2/v3.
    • RIST (in and out).

With 4.0 update, VLC is planning to drop support for some older operating systems, including Windows XP and Vista.

UI improvements for VLC media are long due and it looks like the open-source project is finally going to have a modern look on Windows.

The post VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 5, 2019

2. VLC Media Player

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Windows 10 follow next steps:

• Click on the Start button, and then select “Settings”

• Click on “System”

• Select “Apps& Features” in the left-hand sidebar

• Scroll down to locate VLC Media Player

• Click “Uninstall” and then confirm the uninstallation in the pop-up window by clicking“Uninstall”

Search for the components of VLC Media Player

• Click Start and then enter Regedit in the search box, Windows 10 users can type Regedit in the search bar and then enter the Registry Editor

• Hold down Ctrl+ F keys to launch the Find box. Put in CLV Media Player

• Choose the registries related to VLC Media Player and then delete them all.

• Note that this steps can trigger problems, thus to prevent problems occurring, you’d better back up the registry so that you can restore it if problems occurred.

Step 4: Show hidden files and remove the leftovers

• Click Start> Control Panel> Folder Options, choose the View Tab.

• Check the “Show hidden files and folders” in the Advanced Settings and then select “OK”.

Search for the leftovers of VLC Media Player in the Search Bar by entering VLC Media Player, and then delete the leftovers.

Source:

https://www.totaluninstaller.com/program-uninst...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Feb 5, 2019
  3. essenbe Win User
    VLC Media Player Question?

@irminator Windows Media Player does work on Windows 10. Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

essenbe, Feb 5, 2019
  4. VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10

1. VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - VLC Media Player

2. How to get Microsoft VLC Media Player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to get Microsoft VLC Media Player: I have a bunch of audio files I need to convert from M4A to MP3. Windows Media Player for Windows 10 doesn't seem to have an option to do this any more. I found instructions online that said I need to install VLC Media Player. I can't find Microsoft VLC Media Player in...
  3. How to get Microsoft VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Microsoft VLC Media Player: I have a bunch of audio files I need to convert from M4A to MP3. Windows Media Player for Windows 10 doesn't seem to have an option to do this any more. I found instructions online that said I need to install VLC Media Player. I can't find Microsoft VLC Media Player in...
  4. How to get Microsoft VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  6. windows media player and vlc player-windows 10

windows media player and vlc player-windows 10: My computer no longer able to recognize or display information on a cd . Shows unknown source. No artist name ,album name, no info at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-and-vlc-player-windows-10/c54e4d2c-77fc-4c31-b426-2de1fde7bdb6
  7. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  9. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  10. VLC Media Player Question?

VLC Media Player Question?: Ok I know its a lot harder to change file type icons in windows 10 then in other versions of windows like the 8 or 8.1. So I was wondering if its possible to just change the file types for a specific program or through the program. For example I'm using the vlc media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UI improvements for VLC media are long due and it looks like the open-source project is finally going to have a modern look on Windows