Windows 10: VMWare Update 15.5.1

Discus and support VMWare Update 15.5.1 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; New VMWare update available - 15.5.1 downloads [img] 144368 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by f14tomcat, Nov 13, 2019.

1. f14tomcat Win User

VMWare Update 15.5.1

New VMWare update available - 15.5.1

downloads

VMWare Update 15.5.1 [​IMG]

:)

f14tomcat, Nov 13, 2019

2. 11/15/15 Windows 10 update KB890830 stuck at 5%

Hello Linda,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that Windows is unable to download the updates for KB890830.

Follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party applications to be causing the slow down.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Additionally, temporarily disable the Norton antivirus to see if it is affecting the download and install of Windows update.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily
    disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2

Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Now, to address issues with performance in Windows operating system, I suggest you to run the
    System Maintenance troubleshooter. and see if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 13, 2019
  3. freakshow Win User
    Vmware is soo cool

yep thats what i was asking but i gave up on it lol but im about to install linux mint on vmware to try it out lol

freakshow, Nov 13, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

VMWare Update 15.5.1

EdTittel, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

VMWare Update 15.5.1

1. VMWare Update 15.5.1 - Similar Threads - VMWare Update

2. Windows Server 2016 Update Error VMware, Inc. - System - 9.8.18.0 - Error 0x8024ce1f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 Update Error VMware, Inc. - System - 9.8.18.0 - Error 0x8024ce1f: good morning,i was doing an update on virtual server running windows server 2016 x64, 10 gigs of Ram, intel xeon gold 6126 cpu @ 2.60ghz and i keep getting this errorVMware, Inc. - System - 9.8.18.0 - Error 0x8024ce1fhow do i find the error codes for Error codes 0x8024cxxx?...
  3. Windows Server 2016 Update Error VMware, Inc. - System - 9.8.18.0 - Error 0x8024ce1f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 Update Error VMware, Inc. - System - 9.8.18.0 - Error 0x8024ce1f: good morning,i was doing an update on virtual server running windows server 2016 x64, 10 gigs of Ram, intel xeon gold 6126 cpu @ 2.60ghz and i keep getting this errorVMware, Inc. - System - 9.8.18.0 - Error 0x8024ce1fhow do i find the error codes for Error codes 0x8024cxxx?...
  4. Update to Win 10 2020--VMware Workstation Glitch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to Win 10 2020--VMware Workstation Glitch: Attempting to update to Win10 2020 Get the following error message 25% into installation: _P0_VMware Workstation Pro Mo-Op Uninstall this app I have uninstalled the app but the error message continues to interrupt my installation. Any ideas> [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 unable to update over VMWare 16

Windows 10 unable to update over VMWare 16: Hi, I am trying to update Windows 10, but it says I must uninstall VMWare 16 before I can update. Is there any way to bypass this? Thank you!...
  6. Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer

Problem to open Windows 10 edu on VMWARE after updating windows 10 home on the host computer: I bought a new laptop yesterday. Install VMWARE and Windows 10 Education on VMWARE and just set up my account. My host computer OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Home. Today morning I just normally open the VMWARE and shut it down. The windows on VMware were working well. After...
  7. Windows guests no sound using VMWare on Linux Hosts after alsa update

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows guests no sound using VMWare on Linux Hosts after alsa update: Hi folks Can't get any sound on Windows Guests (XP/W7/W10) on Linux Hosts after latest alsa (sound) / kernel updates. Sound on Host working perfectly, Windows VM's running on KVM also sound working perfectly on them too. Kernel is 5.10.13-arch1 Vmware workstation release...
  8. VMWare not working after Windows Update

VMWare not working after Windows Update: I am not able use VMware after after updating windows a few days. It shows the error "CPU has been disabled by the guest Operating System". I tried uninstalling and then installing the software, I have also ensured virtualisation is enabled in the BIOS and also followed the...
  9. HR Block 2019 and 2020 do not work after updating to Windows 10 on a Mac using VMWare

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HR Block 2019 and 2020 do not work after updating to Windows 10 on a Mac using VMWare: I have run HR Block Business software for years on Windows 7 using VMWare on my MacBook. I upgraded to Windows 10 when Windows 7 reached end of life using the Microsoft site free tools and now the HR Block software installed but would not start up, giving a "fatal error"...
  10. Win10 2004 Feature Update Failing: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 VMware 15.5.6 guest

Win10 2004 Feature Update Failing: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 VMware 15.5.6 guest: I have spent all day trying to get the 2004 update to install on my Windows 10 1909 VM. I'm a full-time Linux user but have to maintain a Windows VM for my genealogy software. I've followed all of the suggestions at...