Windows 10: VMWare Update 15.5.1

Discus and support VMWare Update 15.5.1 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; New VMWare update available - 15.5.1 downloads [img] 144368 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by f14tomcat, Nov 13, 2019.

1. f14tomcat Win User

VMWare Update 15.5.1

New VMWare update available - 15.5.1

downloads

VMWare Update 15.5.1 [​IMG]

:)

f14tomcat, Nov 13, 2019

2. 11/15/15 Windows 10 update KB890830 stuck at 5%

Hello Linda,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that Windows is unable to download the updates for KB890830.

Follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party applications to be causing the slow down.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Additionally, temporarily disable the Norton antivirus to see if it is affecting the download and install of Windows update.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily
    disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2

Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Now, to address issues with performance in Windows operating system, I suggest you to run the
    System Maintenance troubleshooter. and see if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 13, 2019
  3. freakshow Win User
    Vmware is soo cool

yep thats what i was asking but i gave up on it lol but im about to install linux mint on vmware to try it out lol

freakshow, Nov 13, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

VMWare Update 15.5.1

EdTittel, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

VMWare Update 15.5.1

1. VMWare Update 15.5.1 - Similar Threads - VMWare Update

2. Win10 update. It keeps telling me to delete VMware workstation but I cannot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update. It keeps telling me to delete VMware workstation but I cannot.: II have been using VMware since the arrival of Windows 7 and I need it for my research. Windows 10 update cannot complete installation and tells me to delete Vmare but I cannot. Updates should not cause problems with existing well known systems! What can I do?...
  3. VMware update -- need to install Ms VC system ??? What is it

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware update -- need to install Ms VC system ??? What is it: Hi folks getting this screenshot when I want to update VMWare to latest release / update. any idea what it is ?? [img] Cheers jimbo 145174
  4. So i cant receive win10 updates anymore until i uninstall vmware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So i cant receive win10 updates anymore until i uninstall vmware?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EmirSc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwdlr5/so_i_cant_receive_win10_updates_anymore_until_i/
  5. VMWare not longer runs after the last Win 10 update

VMWare not longer runs after the last Win 10 update: Windows 10 took the last update. Now when I try and start my copy of VMWare it says "WMWare Workstation Pro can't run on Windows". BUT IT HAS FOR THE LAST YEAR. My business relies on this software. How can I get it to work again? Updating this version of VMWare is not an...
  6. Windows 10 update breaks Search and VMware Workstation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update breaks Search and VMware Workstation: On September 26, Microsoft shipped KB4517211, an optional cumulative update for Windows 10 with a fix for audio issues and other problems, but it looks like the software update is hardly the smooth experience users had hoped for. Earlier this week we learned that several...
  7. VMWare WKS 15.5 - much improved performance so DO update

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare WKS 15.5 - much improved performance so DO update: Hi folks running VMWare wks 15.5 on Linux Host on HP envy laptop with W10 latest skip ahead build as the VM: Laptop i5 CPU 2 core 8GB mem W10 VM -- 4GB Ram 2 core processor running Photoshop and office Mem and CPU usage on host -- good for the activity on the VM [img]...
  8. Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update .: i have been using vmware and virtualbox for quiet a while . but after the recent update both of them stopped working . i am using windos 10 home and dont have hyper-V ON. i have been to vmware's suggested page but the support is for only windows enterprise ."VMware...
  9. Update 1903 refuses to install, reason VMWare Workstation Pro 10

Update 1903 refuses to install, reason VMWare Workstation Pro 10: Hi, I'm stuck due to a new feature: 1903 refuses to install because of VMWare Workstation Pro 10, which I'm forced to use at least until 2020 for fiscal reasons. The newer versions of VMware do not support Windows 2000 and the bookkeeping program used until 2010 does...
  10. Windows update detects VMware after VMware removed

Windows update detects VMware after VMware removed: Trying to do a Windows 10 update, it requires that VMware be removed - so I removed it. But the window won't go away. I went through the registry and deleted every reference to VMware - it still won't go away. I have searched the Program and Program(x86) directories -...