Windows 10: VPN Opera problem

Discus and support VPN Opera problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've used Norway's Opera VPN for ages with no problems, however when I recently tried to watch a particular Norwegian programme it kept saying not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Arcadian, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Arcadian Win User

VPN Opera problem

I've used Norway's Opera VPN for ages with no problems, however when I recently tried to watch a particular Norwegian programme it kept saying not available to viewers outside Norway which seems odd despite having tried all the on line suggestions how to resolve it.

Anyone else had this problem ?

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Oct 24, 2019

2. Enable or Disable VPN in Opera

How to Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser

Opera is the first and still only major browser that integrates a free, unlimited VPN (Virtual Private Network) service, allowing you to focus on the content that matters without fear of losing privacy.

Normally, your browser connects directly to websites, allowing websites to identify your IP address and its approximate location. With VPN, you connect to websites via a VPN server. As a result, your apparent location changes to the location of the server.
    When you enable VPN, it starts automatically, and the blue VPN badge
    VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    appears in the combined address and search bar. Click/tap on the badge, and you will see an on/off switch, information about the amount of data transferred, the virtual location, and the the virtual IP address.

With Operas VPN turned on, your IP address will be replaced with a virtual one, making it harder for websites to track your location and identify your computer. Many tracking cookies will also be blocked.

From the point-of-view of websites, your browser is now located in the region given by the virtual location. To change your virtual location, select a region from the list. If you do not choose a region, you are automatically assigned an optimal location. To turn off VPN, flip the switch in the badge.

Because the connection from your browser to the VPN server is encrypted, even if the local network is not, VPN enhances your privacy on the local network. You can hide your browsing activities from other users of that network.

VPN status in Opera:

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    = No VPN badge. VPN is currently disabled.

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    = Blue VPN badge. VPN is enabled and currently turned on.

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    = Clear VPN badge. VPN is enabled and currently turned off.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable and use the free built-in VPN (Virtual Private Network) service in Opera browser for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Free and built-in VPN in Opera browser

0_Ik5ociync

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    Enable or Disable VPN in Opera
    1. Open Opera.

2. Click/tap on the Menu button, and click/tap on Settings (Alt+P). (see screenshot below)

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Advanced in the left sidebar, and click/tap on Features. (see screenshot below)

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you want to do.

5. To Enable Free VPN in Opera
    A) Under VPN, turn on Enable VPN. (see screenshot below)

B) Turn on (default) or off Bypass VPN for default search engine for what you want.

C) Go to step 7 below.

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]

6. To Disable Free VPN in Opera
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Under VPN, turn off Enable VPN, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]

7. You can now close the Settings tab in Opera if you like.

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    OPTION TWO
    VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    Turn On or Off VPN in Opera
    *note This option requires VPN to be enabled from Option One.
    1. Open Opera.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you want to do.

6. To Turn On VPN in Opera
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the clear VPN badge in the address bar. (see screenshot below)

B) Turn on VPN.

C) Click/tap on an empty area outside the VPN dialog to close it.

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]

4. To Turn Off VPN in Opera
    A) Click/tap on the blue VPN badge in the address bar. (see screenshot below)

B) Turn off VPN.

C) Click/tap on an empty area outside the VPN dialog to close it.

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    OPTION THREE
    VPN Opera problem [​IMG]
    Change Your Virtual Location for VPN in Opera
    *note This option requires VPN to be enabled from Option One and turned on from Option Two.
    1. Open Opera.

2. Click/tap on the VPN badge in the address bar. (see screenshot below)

3. Select a region you want from the Virtual location drop down list.

*note If you do not choose a region, you are automatically assigned an Optimal location.

4. Click/tap on an empty area outside the VPN dialog to close it.

VPN Opera problem [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Oct 24, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

VPN Opera problem

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN Opera problem :D

P4-630, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

VPN Opera problem

1. VPN Opera problem - Similar Threads - VPN Opera problem

2. Problem with Opera browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Opera browser: A version of the Opera browser has been working okay in a Debian Jessie system for about 9 months. Suddenly certain features no longer work :- (1) Can't open attachments in emails, especially PDF attachments. (2) Can't use ALT-P to clear cache/cookies Can anyone explain...
  3. Opera's vpn suddenly stopped working

in Browsers and Email
    Opera's vpn suddenly stopped working: Opera's VPN suddenly stopped working this morning so uninstalled and reinstalled but still no good. Never had the problem before so any help much appreciated thanks....*Smile 138931
  4. opera problem in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    opera problem in win 10: hi a problem has popped up in my opera browser ( i use win 10) , i get the message as in the attachment , this started when i was trying to add some add ons / extensions to my opera browser. i have tried to " disable all protocls check boxes " ( the one i was advised by...
  5. opera problem in winn 10

in Windows 10 Support
    opera problem in winn 10: hi a problem has popped up in my opera browser ( i use win 10) , i get the message as in the attachment , this started when i was trying to add some add ons / extensions to my opera browser. i have tried to " disable all protocls check boxes " ( the one i was advised by...
  6. Opera problem ERR_TIMED_OUT

in Browsers and Email
    Opera problem ERR_TIMED_OUT: Greetings guys I need your help ,reason--trouble with the Opera browser. I have a configuration from the profile assembled on Friday 22.02 (5 components were upgraded),I installed the original Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with all the updates and the latest 1809. Everything works...
  7. Problem with VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with VPN: The VPN I used to successfully use for a long time, stopped working. It is L2TP IPSec VPN and I need it to monitor a remote network. The message I receive is saying "...Security layer encountered a proccessing error...". I check if this issue persists on other devices and...
  8. VPN Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Problem: Hi Since the last windows update when I connect to the internet via VPN the task bar icon for the router states "unidentified server no internet access". If I switch VPN off I can access the internet. Thought this was due to problem with VPN however, I have the option to...
  9. Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser: How to: Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser How to Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser Opera is the first and still only major browser that integrates a free, unlimited VPN (Virtual Private Network) service, allowing you to focus on the...
  10. Inbuild VPN in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Inbuild VPN in Opera Browser: Hi All, It works more or less like a Proxy. VPN inside the Opera browser. What I want to know is, if I send an email while using that VPN, whose IP goes in the email. Mine or the VPN's? It does open up all sites that are not accessible in my country. But, what are...