Windows 10: W10 installation problem

Discus and support W10 installation problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed W10 on my W7 machine the first day it was available but I reverted back to W7 after two weeks due to video driver problems. Now I plan to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lenberman, Nov 10, 2015.

1. lenberman Win User

W10 installation problem

I installed W10 on my W7 machine the first day it was available but I reverted back to W7 after two weeks due to video driver problems. Now I plan to install 10 again on a brand new hard drive in the same machine and I'm hoping that I can switch hard drives back and forth while I work the video problem out on the new hard drive. But it occurred to me that how will I install 10 on a new hard drive without an operating system to upgrade. Should I install W7 on the new hard drive then upgrade to 10, or is there a better way to achieve a clean install of 10?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Nov 10, 2015

2. Mouse problem with W10 installation

Antony I appreciate your response. I tried all these options but nothing worked. Still the same issue.

In checking some of the forums I am not alone with this problem. I checked the HP website and they have this listed as an issue also. I did notice something odd: if I use a particular app (TradeStation) the problem goes away. This app is a stock trading
    platform - the mouse is good even after I close out the app...

I appreciate your help and whatever you can do!

NicholasBelessis, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Mouse problem with W10 installation

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please follow these methods, mentioned below for further help.

Method 1:

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, the steps are mentioned below:

1. Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search bar and press Enter.

2. Click on ‘View all’ on the left panel of the ‘Troubleshooting’ window.

3. Click on ‘Hardware and Devices' and follow on the screen instruction.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

This issue occurs due to the outdated mouse and touch pad driver may not be compatible.

I suggest you to download the latest mouse and touch pad driver updates from the manufacturer’s website and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the mouse and touch pad driver and reinstall the latest mouse and touch pad driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the mouse and touch pad drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest mouse and touch pad driver from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

W10 installation problem

Use gatherosstate.exe to generate genuineticket.xml file from Windows 7. After clean install of Windows 10 on new hard drive, copy the .xml file to the right folder on the new hard drive and reboot to activate.

NavyLCDR, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Once you saw 10 activated from the original upgrade you will no longer need to worry! The MS activation servers keep a record of the original hardware profile and adding in a new drive won't effect anything to see a clean install of 10 take place. If you were only now planning an upgrade the guide NavyLCDR is referring to would instruct on how to retrieve the GenuineTicket.xml you would copy and paste into a specified location once the fresh 10 install was on. Then you simply restart the system to see 10 activate. Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

In fact at this time and likely in a few days the latest 10586 build may be available for the Media Creation tool download there which now allows you to enter your 7 key and if found valid and not screened as "already in use" 10 will activate by key. That is the Threshold 2 build without any evalution build watermark being the indicator there.

Night Hawk, Nov 10, 2015
  6. lenberman Win User
    Thanks for your help. I've used the media creation tool to setup a USB flash drive, can I boot to that and install W10 on a blank new hard drive? And as I understand it, since I previously upgraded to W10 on the same computer I shouldn't have an activation problem, right?
    Len

lenberman, Nov 10, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Correct.

NavyLCDR, Nov 10, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

W10 installation problem

Correct.

NavyLCDR, Nov 10, 2015
  9. lenberman Win User
    Thanks again for all your help.

Len
    San Diego

lenberman, Nov 10, 2015
  10. You;re welcome! You shouldn't have any problem as far as the activation goes. Once you see the 10 install completed and you arrive at the desktop for the first time simply go into the "Start menu>Settings>UPDATE & SECURITY>Activation" and see for yourself. You should find it was already activated during the last stages of the installation itself when connecting to the MS servers to record the hardware profile ID. Once matched with the previous upgrade the activation is instant!

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 installation problem

1. W10 installation problem - Similar Threads - W10 installation problem

2. Problems with Partitions, cant instal W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Partitions, cant instal W10: Hello, i have a problem. trying to install an operating system on my acer v5. The first problem is that I cannot create a partition.Images: https://files.fm/u/2422r8zq2https://files.fm/u/6putxs97wI tried to create new ones in cmd, but I couldn't. I tried to format the disk...
  3. Problems with Partitions, cant instal W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Partitions, cant instal W10: Hello, i have a problem. trying to install an operating system on my acer v5. The first problem is that I cannot create a partition.Images: https://files.fm/u/2422r8zq2https://files.fm/u/6putxs97wI tried to create new ones in cmd, but I couldn't. I tried to format the disk...
  4. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing W10 cumulative updates: Hi there, ive posted about this issue once before, but the last few W10 updates simply will not install on my machine.They download just fine, install in the windows update manager, and when it goes through the restart process it hangs at 7% - always at 7% - and then restarts...
  5. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing W10 cumulative updates: Hi there, ive posted about this issue once before, but the last few W10 updates simply will not install on my machine.They download just fine, install in the windows update manager, and when it goes through the restart process it hangs at 7% - always at 7% - and then restarts...
  6. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Problem with installing w10 on w7

Problem with installing w10 on w7: Hi All,During installation of the w10, I am facing the following error message, and I am trying every suggestions of this website but seems doesn't work for me.I would appreciate to take a look and give me some hints.It should be noted that my w7 is original and have valid...
  8. Problem when installing W10 in SSD

Problem when installing W10 in SSD: Hi. I'm going to describe inch by inch every single detail of my problem. Thank you everyone for trying to help and please someone like me who is dying about this issue... 1) I have a 1TB HDD with Windows 10 and ALL my precious files. 2) I used to have Windows 7 in...
  9. Problem with installing W10

Problem with installing W10: Hi I'm having problems with installing W10. First of all, for some reason, I'm still waiting for the upgrade to commense automatically. When checking the PC, via the installation tool, I'm told that there's a problem with the driver for the network card. Maybe this...
  10. Problems since W10 Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since W10 Install: Since the W10 upgrade I have experienced problems. Firstly in any browser I am unable to use Ctrl c, Ctrl v or any other command that starts with Ctrl. When I press Ctrl the browser immediately zooms to maximum size and I am unable to reduce the magnification at all....