Windows 10: W10 Sign In Issue

Discus and support W10 Sign In Issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; During Installation of W10 I did not select 'sign in required'. Periodically after system goes to sleep or is turned off I must sign in with my W10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lpatrick, Nov 1, 2016.

1. lpatrick Win User

W10 Sign In Issue

During Installation of W10 I did not select 'sign in required'. Periodically after system goes to sleep or is turned off I must sign in with my W10 password. How can I revert to 'no sign-in required'?

:)

lpatrick, Nov 1, 2016
  2. SeanQg Win User

last user sign in

I recently upgraded from W7 Pro to W10 Pro on a home PC. W10 Pro is presenting a severe security issue by automatically bypassing user account sign-in. On each power-up, W10 auto reloads the last user session. I cannot find a way to stop this and set
    W10's power-up routine to end by presenting user accounts
    before sign-in. Can someone advise how I do this? Thanks.

SeanQg, Nov 1, 2016
  3. TR5407 Win User
    Windows 10 - PIN v Password

I have upgraded to W10, my children have been using a PIN to sign in to the family laptop. Following upgrade one child is unable to use PIN and is instead asked for the full (and complex) password, the other's settings have migrated across without issue.

What can I do to get W10 to allow PIN as sign in as all obvious settings are dead ends?

TR5407, Nov 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

W10 Sign In Issue

Brink, Nov 1, 2016
Thema:

W10 Sign In Issue

1. W10 Sign In Issue - Similar Threads - W10 Sign Issue

2. signing in issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    signing in issue: My pc is having an issue when I sign in I keep getting this error messages 0x80090011 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-issue/45ca9070-bb46-4224-b1b6-e07bb0b47204
  3. sign in issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in issue: my fingerprint reader isnt working, wont accept my pin and now wont accept the microsoft security verification . It wont let me type in anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-issue/a9a26e27-260f-4128-b5da-29248b177dbc
  4. Cannot sign into Minecraft W10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into Minecraft W10 edition: I have not been able to sign into my Minecraft account, Windows 10 edition. It gives error code: -9.I am able to access my Minecraft account from my Switch and XB One. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. I also signed out of all other devices. Any help would...
  5. W10 Update issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Update issues: After a couple of updates suggested by windows my Notebook is malfunctioning. It's really glitchy and when i restarted, it went to a rollback loop that lasted a good couple of hours before turning on again. Does anyone have any trouble with the last updates? ***Acer Aspire...
  6. W10 administrator issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 administrator issues: Since I use W10 I face on a regular base problems with administrator rights like I cannot remember from W7 nor all earlier versions. Frequently I see that I have no right to open a folder or file in the other OS-systems. Often just admitting to the question yes or no to open...
  7. Sign In Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Issues: I want to change or delete Windows Hello PIN. It says that this option is currently unavailable even though I use a PIN to sign in. which means I don't have the remove option. When I choose Fix Pin Options, I am given a set up PIN option. It asks me to sign into my...
  8. Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..

in Browsers and Email
    Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..: We get our e-mail via our ISP. W10 Mail has been set up for this provider and says so if you try to add the ISP to the app. When you open the W10 Mail app., the sign in is grayed out and the app will only allow adding a mail server. Not sure what is wrong, and have no idea...
  9. sign in issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in issue: it is showing ,logged in with a temporary account, so how do I log in with a permanent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-issue/e224785b-359c-4830-9b7d-e0db69a66d34
  10. Can't sign in W10 ignores PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in W10 ignores PIN: To complicate the issue I am running W10 on a Mac under Bootcamp. W10 suddenly refuses to accept my pin to log in. It ignores both pin and password. W10 updated yesterday, and if there's any connection I don't know. peters*Zip 91216