Windows 10: W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night

Discus and support W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; That's about it. Tried reinstalling them, rebooting now, etc., nothing helps. From update history: [img] [img] 106684 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wombat Pete, Mar 23, 2018.

1. W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night

That's about it. Tried reinstalling them, rebooting now, etc., nothing helps.
    From update history:
    W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night [​IMG]

W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night [​IMG]

:)

Wombat Pete, Mar 23, 2018
  2. Wol747 Win User

Settings page not working

Every W10 update is installed as soon as it comes out - but the random problems still happen. Because they ARE random, it is pointless trying to remedy them: either they go away by themselves or on reboot.

Wol747, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Reboots every night

Hi,

Kindly run a System File Checker. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Click

here
    to know how.

Let us know how it goes.

Angelo Bar, Mar 23, 2018
  4. W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night

Hi Pete.

Have you tried the Windows Update troubleshooter as a first step?

Start => Settings => Update and security => Troubleshoot => Windows update

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 23, 2018
  5. Yes. I also so the recommendations at changing power settings - which simply reset timings, by the way.
    None of that helped.
    What do you think?

Wombat Pete, Mar 24, 2018
  6. Then I would try this tutorial.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

Assume you have boot media and or a System Image. Not that it should be needed but when diagnosing Windows better safe than sorry.

Caledon Ken, Mar 24, 2018
  7. Thanks, I'll try and report the results *Smile

Wombat Pete, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night

1. W10 Updates Not Installing - Reboots Every Night - Similar Threads - W10 Updates Installing

2. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  3. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  4. Windows reboots every night, unable to track/disable this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reboots every night, unable to track/disable this: Hello,I've read similar posts but have yet to find the source causing my computer to reboot every single night without fail unless I put it in sleep mode as a test. This has been happening for, I believe, the past couple of months now, after years of having no issues leaving...
  5. Windows reboots every night, unable to track/disable this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows reboots every night, unable to track/disable this: Hello,I've read similar posts but have yet to find the source causing my computer to reboot every single night without fail unless I put it in sleep mode as a test. This has been happening for, I believe, the past couple of months now, after years of having no issues leaving...
  6. Windows 10 Rebooting Every Night

Windows 10 Rebooting Every Night: Hello, I am hoping someone can help me detect why my version of Windows 10 is rebooting every night and discern how to stop it. It is very frustrating! Some information about my system:Windows SpecificationsEdition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 1909Installed on: 2019-11-09OS Build:...
  7. Windows 10 update fails and reboots every night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails and reboots every night: HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I have a Windows 10 desktop and for the past couple of months, my computer has rebooted every night trying to update what seems like version 20H2. below is the image of my windows update dialog box that has been there every day after the attempted...
  8. PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night: Hello all, unsure where to post this so hopefully it gets moved to the right place. I've recently upgraded my cpu and memory and every morning when I wake up, my pc has rebooted. I've followed the steps to create a zip file as requested. Winver: OS Build 19041.572 166743
  9. Rebooting Every Night

Rebooting Every Night: My computer has been rebooting every night. Following error in the event logs "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8036c771358. A dump was saved in:...
  10. PC Reboots every night?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Reboots every night?: A computer on our group reboots every night. The group policy is set to disable automatic updates (also I don't think there are nightly updates). There isn't anything in the power settings set to reboot or anything, no scheduled task I can find. It is set to not go to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reboots every night