Windows 10: W10 won't boot

Discus and support W10 won't boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm dead in the water without a paddle ! Upgraded my Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to W10. Worked fine for 4 days. I downloaded and installed windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Curious, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Curious Win User

W10 won't boot

I'm dead in the water without a paddle !
    Upgraded my Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to W10. Worked fine for 4 days. I downloaded and installed windows 10 firewall control app. It said it needed to close all apps including Windows Explorer. So I let it. It did its thing but seemed to hang. So I finally pressed the power key and it took me to the screen asking for my boot password. I entered it and then got a blue screen of death saying :

RECOVERY
    Your PC needs to be repaired.
    The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
    File \Boot\BCD
    Error code 0xc000014c
    You'll need to use recovery tools. Etc.

I don't have recovery tools!
    I did create a system restore but can't get to it.
    The laptop's hd contains a recovery partition but I don't know how to get to it since it won't boot and I don't know if it's a recovery for W7 or W10.
    I also have an image backup on a hard drive which I made with EaseUS Todo Backup but again no way to access it.

Is this salvageable? Please help.

:)

Curious, Jul 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 System Repair Disk won't boot

Followed your suggestions but a new W10 system repair disc made afterwards still won't boot. Sigh...

RobertGundersen, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Win 10 broke my UA-4FX functionality!

I contacted Roland directly and they released a W10 driver. So, the UA now works with W10. The MOTU micro-lite also worked. Today I will be checking my Canon PowerShoot AS1100. It only appears to have W8.1 drivers, but I will check next time I choose to
    boot into W10 which probably won't be until next week. W10 has too many issues to use routinely.

GravityWave, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

W10 won't boot

You can get the Windows 10 ISO then create a flash drive or DVD to use to repair the computer,

Windows 10 ISO Download

Ztruker, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

W10 won't boot

1. W10 won't boot - Similar Threads - W10 won't boot

2. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 boot problem: when i select my usb on boot screen and i enter there is a black screen opening and it says a disk error occurredi am used rufus and i dont know the problem pls help my laptop camed pre installed w10when i select uefi in bios in boot screen there is only harddisk option when...
  3. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 boot problem: when i select my usb on boot screen and i enter there is a black screen opening and it says a disk error occurredi am used rufus and i dont know the problem pls help my laptop camed pre installed w10when i select uefi in bios in boot screen there is only harddisk option when...
  4. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can not boot to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    can not boot to W10: I booted my laptop and there was no WIFI connection. I did some troubleshooting with connection and nothing. Then I rebooted the laptop and no matter if I turn it on or reboot I get screen with message preparing automatic repair,and Automatic Repair Welcome Screen. How do I...
  6. new w10 won't boot from DVD

new w10 won't boot from DVD: I have just upgraded my PC and have bought a fresh w10 since I was unable to port my old one over. When I switched it on I set it to boot from the DVD drive in which I put the new w10 disc. I am now facing problems booting. It just goes blank, or it hangs on the manufacturer...
  7. W10 machine won't boot ("Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error)

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 machine won't boot ("Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error): I've been changing a disk on my Shuttle PC (SZ68R5) and when I turned it back on, I get the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" error message. My system boots from a Kingston SUV500MS mSATA SSD drive which is screwed to the...
  8. Acer V5 W10 64bit won't boot from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer V5 W10 64bit won't boot from a USB drive: Modified the BIOS settings to access the F12 list of bootable drives, disabled the drive security, set the USB as my first boot in the boot order, then selected it as the drive to boot from in the F12 menu, but the system ignores the selection and boots normally. Both USB...
  9. [Downgrade W10 to W7] Windows 7 won't boot

[Downgrade W10 to W7] Windows 7 won't boot: Hello Tenforum users, I have been trying to replace pre-installed Windows 10 to Windows 7 x64 in UEFI (Secure boot disabled) on my girlfriend lap Acer V15 V3-575G-50W2. Bios version is 1.10. I almost have lost my sanity with such a task (why should be so difficult to...
  10. System won't boot to W10 (even USB, WinPE, WinRE)

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't boot to W10 (even USB, WinPE, WinRE): Hi All, I bought an old, but in good condition Dell Inspiron 560 for cheap off some people who had recently purchased a new machine. I thought I'd use it as a sort of test system while studying for my CompTIA A+ exam. First thing I did was upgrade the BIOS so I could put a...