Windows 10: Wake up from sleep

Discus and support Wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Penelopezr, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Wake up from sleep

Hi

My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen.

I have to force a restart.

What am I doing wrong

:)

Penelopezr, Oct 24, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 24, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Wake up from sleep

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Wake up from sleep

1. Wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - Wake sleep

2. Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Labtop won't wake from sleep: keyboard and mouse are not listed in wake_from_any: After trying a zillion possible fixes from various online forums when my laptop stopped waking from sleep, I think I have finally tracked down the actual cause, but I don't know how to fix it. I finally learned to check this:Ah-ha! Nothing is enabled to wake up the computer!...
  3. Sleep time set and wake up?

Sleep time set and wake up?: I know Windows 10 users can go into power settings and change when PC goes to sleep afterBut is there a way to tell Windows 10 when exactly to put my PC to sleep and when to wake itself up? not only selecting time but days, an example for me would be:Sleep: 1:00am Everyday...
  4. Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart: Hi, Have two Windows 10 Home 1909 edition laptops connected to a work group switch.None of the devices are connected to internet just the laptops to the switch. I can turn on Network Discovery with no problem and it does not turn off automatically when the computers are still...
  5. PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up

PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up: Hi, every time my PC goes into sleep, after I wake it up it doesn't accept any input from mouse or keyboard and therefore isn't usable as not being able to unlock it.If I turn of hybrid sleep, everything works perfectly fine, but I would like to have the advantage of resuming...
  6. Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up

Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up: I've got an Asus ROG laptop with an R7 5800H and 3060 mobile. I can't seem to be able to put the device into sleep mode regardless of sleep being manually triggered, and auto sleep at 10 minutes. When I attempt to put it to sleep, the screen just wakes up a few seconds later....
  7. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

PC doesn't wake up from sleep: I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady...
  8. Computer won't wake from sleep mode on occasion

Computer won't wake from sleep mode on occasion: Long story short, I have a copy of Windows 10 with the latest updates as of writing this on an Intel 10700K, 32Gb RAM, Asus 3080 ROG Strix OC and a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro motherboard, Razer Deathadder wired mouse and a Corsair Strafe Mechanical RGB wired Keyboard. Most often...
  9. Windows 10 disabling high contrast on wake from sleep

Windows 10 disabling high contrast on wake from sleep: the title says it all really https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disabling-high-contrast-on-wake-from/477384ca-58eb-4e3a-af41-e07964773e8b
  10. Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep

Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep: Hello,When I go to device manager and look at the various keyboards, mice, HID devices or USB devices, the option under "Power Management" to "allow this device to wake the computer is greyed out. Also, on most of the devices listed, "power management" is not even an option....